• This topic is locked This topic is locked
44 replies to this topic

#1 khamulrulz

khamulrulz

title available

• Members
  • 469 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 01:27 AM

I think almost everyone on here seems to hate the fissure, because it looks like a giant toilet. A simple replacement would be to give moria the "troll lair", which is currently used for creeps. spiderlings would be removed (they're not really moria-esque anyway), and would be reduced to spellbook summon and shelob summon. the troll lair would recruit cave trolls at level 1, troll stonethrowers (the angmar siege unit, without frost damage - tolkien stated that goblins delighted in building cruel machines, and this looks like something they could make) at level 2, and mountain giants at level 3.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 Karlo'St

Karlo'St
  • Members
  • 21 posts
  •  Player,TWC modder

Posted 19 December 2009 - 02:35 AM

I think almost everyone on here seems to hate the fissure, because it looks like a giant toilet. A simple replacement would be to give moria the "troll lair", which is currently used for creeps. spiderlings would be removed (they're not really moria-esque anyway), and would be reduced to spellbook summon and shelob summon. the troll lair would recruit cave trolls at level 1, troll stonethrowers (the angmar siege unit, without frost damage - tolkien stated that goblins delighted in building cruel machines, and this looks like something they could make) at level 2, and mountain giants at level 3.

I totaly agree!!

#3 isledebananas

isledebananas
  • Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 08:04 AM

I think its better if they just get a slightly modified troll cage with new skins and maybe some extra stuff including a tower. There is a new structure modeler right?

Actually the faction of Moria includes all creatures and units in Moria as well as Mirkwood and Dol Guldur. Obviously not the castellans but the rest of the basic units which include spiders. In fact I think it should be the mountain giants who are the spell book summon seeing how strong they are. They are quite similar to the Ents in that regard and are best utilized by surprise and in fact I only remember them being mentioned in the Hobbit and they were just around causing trouble didn't really assist any side.

I do like the trolls though I thought of adding them to buff up Moria as well. Perhaps the cave troll could have the choice of one of two upgrades one that gives them the giant spear and the other one gets the chain. The spear troll will be similar to a club troll but less area of effect damage and more direct target damage both on buildings and units. The chain troll would be purely the best against units and could have toggle to hammer. It was a hammer or club the cave troll in Balin's tomb had when he first came out right? I don't know about adding traditional siege to Moria since they aren't really in a place they would need to build such stuff anything like that would come from Dol Guldur and even then I'm not sure since their main enemies in that area Elves really didn't require heavy siege to defeat. That thing about Goblins building cruel machines sounds more like torture devices in my opinion.

#4 ttandchotmail

ttandchotmail

title available

• Project Team
  • 849 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 08:37 AM

The fissure would be a lot better if it didn't have the sludge flowing out of it but a big cave instead. Best to keep the native stuff to nature. A new model might be in order for it :huh:

Edited by ttandchotmail, 19 December 2009 - 08:38 AM.

No chance of returning....Zero chance of surviving....Well!? When do we get started?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#5 Námo

Námo

• Project Team
  • 1,291 posts
  • Projects:Middle-earth Lore, Cartography & Linguistics

Posted 19 December 2009 - 11:35 AM

The fissure would be a lot better if it didn't have the sludge flowing out of it but a big cave instead. ...

Agree :huh:
KIS (Keep it simple) ... and for the Moria faction: very simple :)

... elen síla lúmenn´ ómentielvo ...
... a star shines on the hour of our meeting ...
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#6 khamulrulz

khamulrulz

title available

• Members
  • 469 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 03:06 PM

i don't get why there was that brown/green stuff coming out of it in the first place. how are trolls supposed to live in that?

yah, a new model would be really nice, but you guys have your hands full at the moment, so it shouldn't be a priority
Posted Image
Posted Image

#7 Námo

Námo

• Project Team
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 04:51 PM

... how are trolls supposed to live in that?

Evidently it was disgusting to the Orcs, cf. the orc-curse from The Two Towers, Chapter 3:

"Uglúk u bagronk sha pushdug Saruman-glob búbhosh skai!"
(translation: Uglúk to the dung-pit with stinking Saruman-filth, pig-guts, gah!)

I guess even the Trolls would feel like that. :huh:

P.S.: ... an older translation of the curse, giving 'bagronk' as cesspool might fit the (existing) toilet fissure even better, cf.:

... the curse of the Mordor-orc: Uglúk u bagronk sha pushdug Saruman-glob búbhosh skai (LotR2 III:3). In PM:83, this is translated "Uglúk to the cesspool, sha! the dungfilth; the great Saruman-fool, skai!" ... This is said to be a "debased" form of Black Speech ...

Edited by Námo, 19 December 2009 - 06:59 PM.

#8 Gfire

Gfire

Nuju

• Project Team
  • 2,173 posts
  • Projects:Finding My Way
  •  The Perfectionist

Posted 19 December 2009 - 08:54 PM

Maybe it could be kept as a dung pit that you can throw units into to boost moral of nearby orcs. :huh:
Greetings, community.

#9 Námo

Námo

• Project Team
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 09:14 PM

Skai! :huh:

Edited by Námo, 19 December 2009 - 09:34 PM.

#10 isledebananas

isledebananas
  • Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 11:15 PM

:p So instead of the gallows they have the toilet? Gosh that's too freakin hilarious. I know we humans back in the day found the hanging a good entertainment so I guess the orcs could find a good "flushing" good entertainment. It is how we of the modern day dispose of dead fish pets.

#11 khamulrulz

khamulrulz

title available

• Members
  • 469 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 03:54 AM

that could be a cool new building for the moria faction - the cesspool

its function would be like gfire said, to throw units in it to raise morale of nearby troops. brilliant :p

Edited by khamulrulz, 20 December 2009 - 05:13 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#12 Guest_Guest_SoulFox_*_*

Guest_Guest_SoulFox_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 December 2009 - 07:29 PM

Hallo! Sorry I disturbed you.
I want to say something yourself. I have to end restless.
But you are suggestion structures? Me too.
I think lightly of it. Fissure structures shall replace any ruined or Moria?
I agree with you.
My dream wish is Gondor (Men of the West) all structures will be replace from Minas Tirith! but I can not put my own codes! ;)
I'm tired of EA! :p

I want revolution for bfme games will be real!

I'm sorry I'm worried! I must calm now! My heart quiet! :D

#13 SoulFox

SoulFox
  • Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 07:30 PM

My God! I forgot my login!

#14 Florisz

Florisz

The Young Reindeer

• Project Team
  • 2,322 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 10:08 PM

That's blond :p
Posted Image

#15 khamulrulz

khamulrulz

title available

• Members
  • 469 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 02:03 AM

the gondor structures are fine. but this thread is about the fissure, and how they could be turned into a funny (and interesting gameplay-wise) building, instead of making trolls.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#16 yams in a can

yams in a can

Friend of the Right Side

• Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 03:49 AM

The stuff coming from the fissure was probably dirty water :p .I think the cave troll lair should be like the one described in the Hobbit. The one were Tom, Bert, and Bill lived in. The mountain giant one could have a giant cave next to the troll "house."

Posted Image
To the professor, John Ronald Reuel Tolkien.

Posted Image
Posted Image

-yams in a can

#17 khamulrulz

khamulrulz

title available

• Members
  • 469 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 04:43 AM

i think something similar to the wild troll lair would be good.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#18 ttandchotmail

ttandchotmail

title available

• Project Team
  • 849 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 05:01 AM

I could easily make a cave entrance with stalagmites and stalactites at the entrance and drops of water dripping from the stalactites. Giving both a cave entrance and the watery feel as well :p
No chance of returning....Zero chance of surviving....Well!? When do we get started?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#19 SoulFox

SoulFox
  • Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 07:30 AM

The er okay! I am suggestion structures only.
But can I called "revolution" games?

#20 Námo

Námo

• Project Team
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 08:32 AM

I could easily make a cave entrance with stalagmites and stalactites at the entrance and drops of water dripping from the stalactites. Giving both a cave entrance and the watery feel as well :p

*wish I could model structures like you, mate - gonna give it a try soon*

I thought the Dwarves was your favorite faction - and now you offer their most bitter foe a palace, reminiscent of Aglarond (the "Glittering Caves"). :p

Just give those bastards a hole in the ground to live in, they don't deserve better (could probably be done very easy in the code, just hiding the subobjects of the sludge, or whatever it's supposed to be) :p

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users