#1 lotrfan

lotrfan

title available

• Project Team
  • 318 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 06:44 AM

Sup guys,

I've been gone for a long time now.
Finals just finished and now I back to modding smile.gif.

Its been a problem since bfme2 came out making bfme1 maps work in bfme2/rotwk. The main problem was 'supposedly' that EA just left the code in there from BFME1 which is why some things worked and some things didn't.

The Problems:
When you open a BFME1 map in BFME2, you have a number of issues.
i) The bfme1 base simply starts building and then just dissapears.
ii) When the base builds, some parts of the base is missing (walls build plots, etc.).

I am told that these problems are due to some geometry overlap and some left out code, but upon further postings on how to get the bfme maps working, I've gotten no answer. I wanted to try asking here again. Its been like a year, so hopefully someone can tell me how to do it.

There is a way to get the bases working though. I know this because they got it working in rj's mod. I've more or less successfully managed to convert bfme1 maps and get them working in rj's mod. However, there is still a problem.

The only bases that build correctly in his mod are the ones that he (rob) coded. So only the castle plots, and the Men farm and Mordor Slaughter house build correctly. I wanted to work on getting the other bases (camps, outposts, etc.) working correctly. Unfortunately, for those who knew rob, he was too busy to write a tutorial or to tell me how to do this.

If anyone here knows how to get BFME1 - like bases working in BFME2, please let me know.

Also I wanted to ask something related to the above but a little bit different.
Can someone post a link for post/tutorial or write one on how to make a 'generic base plot'.

I already know how to make a .bse file in BFME1. You make the bse file and then edit the civilian building ini.

What I'm trying to do is make new kinds of castle plots; one that might, for example have 14 build plots. In order to do this i would have to make some new 'generic base plot' which unloads the correct 'fortress' plot depending on the faction.

I think this is a conceptually simple thing to do, but im not quite sure just how to do it.
Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks.
Posted Image

#2 Dz_Badmen

Dz_Badmen
  • Members
  • 25 posts
  • Projects:rise of the damn shadows

Posted 25 August 2017 - 11:33 PM

well after all these year still no one reply to ur topic 

#3 aleex

aleex
  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 02:45 PM

I worked on a mod that overwrites everything in BFME 2 to be exactly like BFME 1. I got to a point where the core mechanics worked but due lack of time I didn't change all the formations, stats etc. to the original BFME1  yet. If someone wants to help with that feel free to give me a private message. Maybe we can make a community project out of it. Would be fun to make the war of the ring mode work aswell with BFME1 maps and story line. Perhaps re-create the good and evil campaign from the first game in bfme 2 through its linear campaign (BFME 2 campaing doesn't have the Living World Map).

Edited by aleex, 30 August 2017 - 02:50 PM.

#4 Dz_Badmen

Dz_Badmen
  • Members
  • 25 posts
  • Projects:rise of the damn shadows

Posted 30 August 2017 - 02:57 PM

yeah that a good idea ive been successful copying bfme 2 campaign to rotwk it was easy all i did is copy past thing mybe you should try it i mean every thing related to campain copy and past it inculding the save file in order to make it work 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users