Photo

Split: Make AI Use Better Ships

7 replies to this topic

#1 Aquila

Aquila
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 12:59 AM

And is there any way to make AI use better ships? In space skirmish when I play as an Empire the rebels are attacking only with X wings, transports and ocassionally - Corellian Corvette. They had two bigger ships and three dreadnoughts at the beginning but after I destroyed them they are producing only x-wings, transports and corellian corvettes. It's really boring when you have a Praetor and the only enemy is... a transport ship. Two seconds kill.

Edited by Aquila, 21 December 2009 - 12:59 AM.

#2 Tropical Bob

Tropical Bob

title available

• Members
  • 1,348 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 02:08 AM

That's odd. Usually when I've played against the Rebels, they make MC40s and Dreadnaughts a lot, and MC80s later.

#3 Aquila

Aquila
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 05:46 PM

I have an Executor and they are attacking me with 2 X-wings and a Medium Transport. :p

#4 Tropical Bob

Tropical Bob

title available

• Members
  • 1,348 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 06:58 PM

Wait, are you talking Skirmish mode, or Space mode during a campaign?

If it's during a campaign, it's because the AI is, at the moment, unable to build the first level of Space Colony on its new worlds. So it's only pretty much able to build what it can from its starting worlds.

#5 Aquila

Aquila
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 07:02 PM

Skirmish. Even on Hard it's totally boring...

#6 Tropical Bob

Tropical Bob

title available

• Members
  • 1,348 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 11:52 PM

Very odd. For one, to have an Executor-class in Skirmish. Secondly, the Rebellion's apparent lack of what might qualify even as artificial intelligence.

I'd recommend trying to battle against the CSA. They're unusually challenging early game, with fighter and cheap frigate/cruiser spam like you wouldn't believe. As a better alternative, try playing Skirmish online against a person. We have a multiplayer thread going where you can connect with other interested members (If you can get a response...I haven't been able to yet). As well, I think I have an Xfire user thread linked in there somewhere if you happen to have that program.

#7 Aquila

Aquila
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 12:13 AM

Very odd. For one, to have an Executor-class in Skirmish. Secondly, the Rebellion's apparent lack of what might qualify even as artificial intelligence.

I increased pop limit to 400 and I can have all ships together in one battle :wub: And yes - Rebels (and Empire - whatever enemy I choose) are totally stupid.

Thanks for tips, but I think I won't play online. I do not like playing multiplayer any game - Civ IV, CoD series etc. :good:

#8 Tropical Bob

Tropical Bob

title available

• Members
  • 1,348 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 01:44 AM

Just saying that as usually Skirmish ends one way or another before an Executor-class can finish building.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users