Negative Leadership

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 isledebananas

isledebananas
  • Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 09:27 PM

I think to diversify heroes some of them should have negative leadership. This basically debuffs enemy units instead of adding bonuses to your own units. It makes sense to me as it is stated several heroes or units would often cause fear upon their enemies which weakens them. When the Nazgul attack people usually were afraid and retaliated back slower and weaker than they usually would. Basically a reflection of that presence that heroes have. I think each faction should have at least one hero or unit capable of doing this.

Mordor: all the Nazgul have this(Witch King has stronger version) to make up for the number the radius effect is smaller also not cumulative
Gondor: Aragorn has this maybe some other hero/unit as well maybe the new Fountain Guard units
Lorien: Glorfindel will be their He-Elf(lol almost wrote Man)
Erebor: hmm I'm not really knowledgeable about the new heroes but one of them could have it
Rohan: I think this should be an ability when they do the charge like during the Pelennor Fields charge or maybe Erkenbrand
Isengard: Saruman can have a cast ability that is stronger than the aura versions
Moria: Shelob could have this and maybe Azog or the Great Goblin could have a fear totem ability

Perhaps I should have written this part earlier. This doesn't mean the outright canceling of enemy leadership bonuses. Those I think should only belong to a few certain heroes like Wormtongue and Mouth of Sauron. I guess it can be considered a slight canceling for example if a hero gives an armor bonus and one of these give a negative armor bonus.

Edited by isledebananas, 31 December 2009 - 10:45 PM.

#2 Ring o' Fate

Ring o' Fate

The Ghost.

• Project Team
  • 1,627 posts
  • Projects:Trying to find meaning...
  •  The guy that is just a ghost.

Posted 31 December 2009 - 09:47 PM

So long it doesn't kill every other leadership in the area, I'm ok with it. I mean, 9 Nazgul killing everyone with weakening leadership against just one or 2 Gondor heroes is gonna mean no leadership. But only one Nazgul killing all of Gondor's leadership is just isn't right.
A changed man is only the same man with a different outlook of life.

#3 Arveanor

Arveanor
  • Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 08:23 PM

They already have this with bats and crebain, and the various fear abilities basically do this. But I could see how it would be good for some heroes to have this, particularly the nazgul.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users