#21 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm
  •  Keep calm and carry on.

Posted 15 January 2010 - 07:55 PM

I did weed only the once. It and the tobacco (It's the only time I've ever smoked anything ever) burned my lungs horribly. And I was drinking at the time as well. Not a good combination. I was totally fucked out of my brain. Quite how I made it home is a total mystery to me. I remember almost nothing of the experience except waking up the next day feeling horrible, and slowly piecing together the missing bits of the day.

I was sixteen when I found out my mother did weed. It was also round about this time she all but enforced a 'you must swear' rule about the house. The only word out of general bounds is 'cunt', and even that's pretty grey.

Now, the first thing to remember is not all parents are like my mother. The general banter that goes on between me, my mother and my grandfather (who all live under the same roof) is quite extreme. The amount of friends I've had round who have been like 'ohmygod' when I've said "fuck off, you old hag" to my mum is more than I care to count. So, my mum's so far down to earth she's beneath the ground we walk on. Most parents aren't anywhere near that level of easygoingness. So, don't bother unless you think your folks are pretty chilled about this crap. Chances are they'll have figured out you smoke something (your breath and your clothes will reek) but since you aren't doing it in the house they won't care too much. No law against smoking, after all. I shouldn't imagine they'd be too impressed unless they're pretty like my folks. In which case, they wouldn't be impressed, but they wouldn't care too much either.

#22 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  • Projects:It'sa secreeet
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Expert
  • Donated

Posted 15 January 2010 - 08:39 PM

Thanks for the advice guys. But for now, I'm not interested in greater strength hallucinogens. As of yet have I ever had a serious high with weed. (we never get more then an 1/8 at a time.) So, for now. There is still room to explore.

https://www.twitch.tv/vileartist - Yes shameless self-promotion

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Old modders never die, they just fade away" ~ Hostile

#23 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  • Projects:Writing Words With Letters
  •  I Help
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Community Admin

Posted 15 January 2010 - 09:25 PM

Oh for sake... he's trying to figure out how to explain the mess he's already and and you recommend even stronger drugs?

I like how your dumb morals sometimes pop up despite your recent endeavours in being edgy and grimdark.

I haven't expressed any morals. The guy asks us how to explain to his parents that he's doing drugs, and half of the advise I see is 'Don't tell your parents and do even more drugs'. Just because you do drugs, it seems your number-one goal is to lock others into the Columbian Thumb Grid. 'Drugs are bad' isn't the case or point at all, it's the fact the main dose of advise given to him would make his life even harder; not to mention the explanation to his parents if he ever gets caught. It seems you're itching for me to bring up morality, though defying your parents to enjoy the illusion of pleasurable drug trials in perfect isolation doesn't seem right any way you put it. Once again, the thought of dumb morals triumphs the presence of the smoke-screened mind of the drug educed teenager.

#24 Hostile

Hostile

Benefitting Humanity Simply by Showing Up!

• Veterans
  • 9,551 posts
  •  T3A Founder
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Global Administrator
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 15 January 2010 - 09:32 PM

Don't tell your parents. That would be idiotic under 99% circumstances. Also, I never understood why a lot of Brits roll weed and tobacco. What a waste of weed and smoking tobacco with no filter is harsh.

Shrooms are fun though. Sweet to the mind but bitter to the stomach.

#25 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  •  I Help

Posted 15 January 2010 - 10:00 PM

Like Jazz.

#26 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  • Projects:It'sa secreeet
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Expert
  • Donated

Posted 15 January 2010 - 10:18 PM

this world is ridiculous.

https://www.twitch.tv/vileartist - Yes shameless self-promotion

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Old modders never die, they just fade away" ~ Hostile

#27 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Job:Leader

Posted 15 January 2010 - 10:21 PM

You high son?

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#28 Vortigern

Vortigern

Sumquhat quisquis.

• Division Leaders
  • 4,654 posts
  • Projects:Workin'...
  •  ...like a workin' man do.
  • Division:Role-Playing Games
  • Job:Division Leader

Posted 15 January 2010 - 10:45 PM

Also, I never understood why a lot of Brits roll weed and tobacco. What a waste of weed and smoking tobacco with no filter is harsh.

Because if you roll with just weed you have to use a shitload of the stuff to get a decent shape to the joint, and if your supply is particularly potent you won't get halfway through it before you think "Man, I'm saving this for later." Besides, you still get plenty of weed in there. And you do realise that a roach works basically as well as a filter for de-harshifying the baccy?
I hope I am a good enough writer that some day dwarves kill me and drink my blood for wisdom.

#29 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 12:48 AM

Don't tell your parents. That would be idiotic under 99% circumstances. Also, I never understood why a lot of Brits roll weed and tobacco. What a waste of weed and smoking tobacco with no filter is harsh.

No filter? Usually people use what's called a 'roach' (usually a bit of cardboard) as a filter, as Vort mentioned. Why they don't just use a normal filter is beyond me.

I smoked mine through an aluminium tin with a few holes punched in it. I presume it was supposed to be a makeshift pipe. It worked, don't get me wrong... :tongevil:

Also, I never understood why a lot of Brits roll weed and tobacco. What a waste of weed and smoking tobacco with no filter is harsh.

Because if you roll with just weed you have to use a shitload of the stuff to get a decent shape to the joint, and if your supply is particularly potent you won't get halfway through it before you think "Man, I'm saving this for later." Besides, you still get plenty of weed in there. And you do realise that a roach works basically as well as a filter for de-harshifying the baccy?

Not to mention that weed alone barely even burns. The tobacco has to be there or else you would have a hell of a time making a cigarette that worked.

#30 Hostile

Hostile

Benefitting Humanity Simply by Showing Up!

• Veterans
  • 9,551 posts
  •  T3A Founder
  • Job:Global Administrator
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 16 January 2010 - 01:06 AM

Sorry but i never had an issue with keeping a joint lit and certainly had no issue taking the tips of my fingers and pinching it quick to outen it. Mixing that with tobacco has no advantage to me, simply a harsher hit. Also, I tend to smoke it in a pipe so I rarely ever fussed with rolling it anyway.

#31 Vortigern

Vortigern

Sumquhat quisquis.

• Division Leaders
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 09:57 AM

Well, if you smoke it in a pipe then you've got no need for tobacco, but joints are the primary method of smoking over here.

Ash, you can't use a normal filter because the mesh inside it is too fine and it catches most of the THC, which is the active ingredient of weed. You'd still get a little bit high with a filter, but it would be minimal compared to how much weed you were using.
I hope I am a good enough writer that some day dwarves kill me and drink my blood for wisdom.

#32 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  •  I Help

Posted 16 January 2010 - 07:08 PM

Sprinkle some aluminum powder in your joints and pipes next time to get something really special.

Edited by {IP}Pasidon, 16 January 2010 - 07:08 PM.

#33 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 07:15 PM

What, like poisoning? o_0

#34 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  •  I Help

Posted 16 January 2010 - 07:17 PM

It'll ignite and explode. So yes...

#35 Spectre

Spectre

Rampant AI

• Hosted
  • 1,240 posts
  • Projects:Worldbuilding
  •  The Undead

Posted 16 January 2010 - 07:35 PM

I doubt telling your parents is a good idea.

Anyways, speaking of weed, and since this seems to be slightly on topic (On revora, I guess on-topic isn't a word), I'd like to ask Revora's stoners a question.

I've been offered weed by a few on my bus - only offers, they don't seem like they want to pressure me, and so far I've had this huge war in my mind on whether to go ahead and try it or not. Obviously I'm only 14, so for me to try it at this age I guess you could call questionable - and I have in no way anything to fund buying more.

#36 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Job:Leader

Posted 16 January 2010 - 07:39 PM

No, wait until you're a bit older.

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#37 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  •  I Help

Posted 16 January 2010 - 07:45 PM

The bus driver must be from Columbia.

#38 Spectre

Spectre

Rampant AI

• Hosted
  • 1,240 posts
  • Projects:Worldbuilding
  •  The Undead

Posted 16 January 2010 - 07:49 PM

The bus driver must be from Columbia.

Nah, he's from Texas - I think it's just a lack of interest that keeps us from getting into trouble.

#39 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  •  I Help

Posted 16 January 2010 - 07:51 PM

Good to see the school system is the same after 10 years...

#40 Vortigern

Vortigern

Sumquhat quisquis.

• Division Leaders
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 07:51 PM

I'd wait a few years. The younger you start on drugs, the more involved you're likely to become.

Also, Pasidon, Columbia is in the USA. That's where Washington D.C. is. District of Columbia. The South American nation is spelled Colombia. Besides which, that is not where marijuana is grown. Colombia is the home of cocaine, which as you may or may not be aware, is entirely different.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users