Sumquhat quisquis.

• Division Leaders
  • 4,654 posts
  • Projects:Workin'...
  •  ...like a workin' man do.
  • Division:Role-Playing Games
  • Job:Division Leader

Posted 16 January 2010 - 07:57 PM

Saying 'the bus driver must be from Colombia' suggests that you think Colombia is where all drugs come from. Either that or you think that all Colombians are druggies, which I know not to be true. Either way, you're not making yourself look intelligent here.
I hope I am a good enough writer that some day dwarves kill me and drink my blood for wisdom.

#43 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  • Projects:Writing Words With Letters
  •  I Help
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Community Admin

Posted 16 January 2010 - 08:04 PM

Neh... to dull and depressing today to be intelligent.

#44 el kevo

el kevo

title available

• Members
  • 634 posts
  • Projects:Staff at Flameguard's "Game Sector Network"

Posted 16 January 2010 - 09:29 PM

Guy on the bus was probably an undercover cop :)
Posted Image

#45 Allathar

Allathar

これを翻訳する

• Project Team
  • 2,752 posts
  • Projects:RJ-RotWK
  •  Greedy capitalist and cynical bastard.

Posted 16 January 2010 - 09:50 PM

Softdrugs is illegal in the USA?

@Pasi: the correct joke would be suggesting that he's Jamaican.
It has been reported that some victims of rape, during the act, would retreat into a fantasy world from which they could not WAKE UP. In this catatonic state, the victim lived in a world just like their normal one, except they weren't being raped. The only way that they realized they needed to WAKE UP was a note they found in their fantasy world. It would tell them about their condition, and tell them to WAKE UP. Even then, it would often take months until they were ready to discard their fantasy world and PLEASE WAKE UP

#46 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  •  I Help

Posted 16 January 2010 - 10:01 PM

Stereotyping Rastafarians!? There is no greater crime...

#47 Spectre

Spectre

Rampant AI

• Hosted
  • 1,240 posts
  • Projects:Worldbuilding
  •  The Undead

Posted 16 January 2010 - 10:07 PM

Guy on the bus was probably an undercover cop :p

Possibly, he said he was once a Firefighter, but he might be lieing. :)

#48 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  • Projects:RJ RotWK, Twilight of the Republic, HDLH
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Job:Global Moderator
  • Donated

Posted 16 January 2010 - 11:03 PM

Softdrugs is illegal in the USA?

If you mean marijuana, then yes, it is :)

yodasig2.png
My political compass
There's a story that the grass is so green...what did I see? Where have I been?

#49 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  • Projects:It'sa secreeet
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Expert
  • Donated

Posted 16 January 2010 - 11:31 PM

I have reason to believe that my Dad knows that I smoke. Without me having to tell them.

I was out in the garage (his domain) to get some electrical wire and a battery to run a motor I made in shop class at school. He gave me a batter and some wire with an alligator clip on the end.

He then said "back in the day we called this a roach clip." He said this with a smile. Naturally I gave him a very wierd look.
I said, "yeah, I know what that means."
He said, "I know you do. And I won't say anymore about it."

Seems to me, like a strong hint that he is aware of my smoking marijuana. Considering his lack of anger, and the fact that he hasn't approached me with some sort of striking method prior to this means that he knows, but is fine with it. And is willing to let me continue while he just looks the other way.

Of course, I could be wrong. And he may not know. And it was mere coincidence. But I'm pretty sure that was a hint.

https://www.twitch.tv/vileartist - Yes shameless self-promotion

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Old modders never die, they just fade away" ~ Hostile

#50 Bart

Bart

• Network Admins
  • 8,524 posts
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Network Leader

Posted 16 January 2010 - 11:48 PM

i would classify that as an OH (Obvious Hint) :)
bartvh | Join me, make your signature small!
Einstein: "We can’t solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

#51 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Donated

Posted 16 January 2010 - 11:54 PM

Though, I do have to consider the possibility that the "I know you do" part is because I'm 17. and any 17 year old in their right mind knows what a roach is. And it might not necessarily be that he knows I smoke.

Gah, this is going to bother me.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#52 Vortigern

Vortigern

Sumquhat quisquis.

• Division Leaders
  • 4,654 posts
  • Projects:Workin'...
  •  ...like a workin' man do.
  • Division:Role-Playing Games
  • Job:Division Leader

Posted 17 January 2010 - 12:17 AM

Dude, it really doesn't matter. If he knows and doesn't care, great. If he doesn't know, then it's not an issue. Either way it doesn't have to bother you.
I hope I am a good enough writer that some day dwarves kill me and drink my blood for wisdom.

#53 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Donated

Posted 17 January 2010 - 12:24 AM

I'm paranoid about these sort of things.

#54 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • Projects:Remix Escalation Top Quality Imaginer and Pro Tester. CnC Guild Gossip Whore
  •  Misanthropic Hulking Adonis

Posted 17 January 2010 - 02:37 AM

Just leave it and don't tell your parents. Wont help in anyway.
Posted Image
CnC Guild - As ancient as time itself.
Do you like anything CnC releated? Then the CnC guild likes you! Go make friends with it.

Latest Remix Escalation on ModDB
Remix Escalation on Revora - Track the latest news and changes.

#55 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  •  I Help

Posted 17 January 2010 - 04:00 AM

Just tell them already... beats getting caught. Not only would you be a pot smoker, but you'd be a untrusting individual. And if you tell them and it backfires, we here at Revora have a 'crack' team that'll give you advise to win them over.

#56 Banshee

Banshee

One Vision, One Purpose!

• Network Admins
  • 9,045 posts
  • Projects:PPM, PPM: Final Dawn, OS SHP Builder, OS Palette Editor, OS W3D Viewer, VXLSE III, etc...
  •  Retired Network Leader
  • Job:Maintenance Admin

Posted 17 January 2010 - 04:57 AM

Marijuana itself is quite a weak drug. Maybe it makes people look retarded when they smoke it, but I'm still strongly against smoking this kind of thing. Sometimes the problem isn't the drug itself, but it is who gets the money for this drug. If you plant it, it's usually not an issue, but if you aquire it from someone else, there is a high possibility that you are financing the criminality in your neighboorhod or other places (like Columbia... or even Brazil)

Here, people can buy marijuana with organized gangs, with a military arsenal compared to the army of the country (or at least stronger than the police). These armies controls drug sales points. Whenever police invades it, they shoot and a lot of people die with the bullets from their weapons. If that isn't enough, they also enslave the neighboorhod of these drug sales places, prevent the state from building infrastructure, kill anyone who denounces anything and promote new criminals (mainly kids) to increase their army. They also promote some ilegal services in the community such as pirate TV cable and they steal light, water and other stuff from the society, increasing the costs of our light bills.

Another problem caused by marijuana is personal finances. I don't think that would be a problem for most of you, but people do get addicted to marijuana if they start smoking it with a certain frequency. It's a fact. But if they run out of money, they'll tend to rob their own parents and friends. And they'll usually sell their objects for ridiculous prices just to get more weed.

If that isn't enough, marijuana's effect is weak and once your body gets used to it, you'll desire stronger drugs. So, marijuana also serves as a gateway to terrible things like crack, LSD and ecstasy, which can kill or cause severe brain damage to people.

In short, do not smoke this shit, specially if you don't have much money and that it feeds crime in your neighboorhod or other places of the world.

For you americans, remember that weed is also increasing your taxes, since your govern is spending billions to stop the columbian drug lords... who have an army that is as strong as the Columbia official one.
Project Perfect Mod

Command & Conquer Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, Tools, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

Posted Image

#57 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  •  I Help

Posted 17 January 2010 - 06:21 AM

... Yeah. Tell that to your parents.

#58 Spectre

Spectre

Rampant AI

• Hosted
  • 1,240 posts
  • Projects:Worldbuilding
  •  The Undead

Posted 17 January 2010 - 07:40 AM

Banshee... Do you live in a favela or something like a favela? :)

Edited by Spectre, 17 January 2010 - 07:40 AM.

#59 Banshee

Banshee

One Vision, One Purpose!

• Network Admins
  • 9,045 posts
  • Projects:PPM, PPM: Final Dawn, OS SHP Builder, OS Palette Editor, OS W3D Viewer, VXLSE III, etc...
  •  Retired Network Leader
  • Job:Maintenance Admin

Posted 17 January 2010 - 11:33 AM

No, I live in Copacabana... which is one of the most famous districts here.

... Yeah. Tell that to your parents.

They already know it and they don't smoke anything. Don't worry :).
Project Perfect Mod

Command & Conquer Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, Tools, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

Posted Image

#60 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • Projects:Remix Escalation Top Quality Imaginer and Pro Tester. CnC Guild Gossip Whore
  •  Misanthropic Hulking Adonis

Posted 17 January 2010 - 01:16 PM

Well he has two choices.

Listen to people who have been through this before and experienced it first hand.

OR

Listen to the people that have been brainwashed by the doctrine that it is evil and you will die...along with a Cristian with no experience in the matter and a moral compass so fucked up I would be suprised if he could find his way to the front door.

If you are really looking for advice on Revora, I can honestly say don't tell your parents. They would rather not know. And it is clear that your dad knows. Just leave it, and be careful

Edited by olli, 17 January 2010 - 01:17 PM.

Posted Image
CnC Guild - As ancient as time itself.
Do you like anything CnC releated? Then the CnC guild likes you! Go make friends with it.

Latest Remix Escalation on ModDB
Remix Escalation on Revora - Track the latest news and changes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users