#1 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 25 January 2010 - 05:38 PM

Allright... after about 1½-2 years of nothing but a swordsmen horde from Flameguard, I'm gonna have to assume that we will NEVER see any of the rest of the Harad faction's models. This is a huge shame, since the swordsmen he made are really good. They are not hard to do for a good modeler, but they would require the time to make off course, and that's where/why it's hard to come up with people that are willing to do it. Flame said he would for the past 2 years, but in the last year I have only spoken to him in january and october. He's been gone since that, and we NEED to move on to get the next beta out. SO - I need to find a new modeler that likes to do unit models and thus "save" the progress of SEE. :p

Here's the roster of what I (SEE) need:

All Harad models should be based on either existing models like the Haradrim Archers and Lancers (BFME1) or alternative models with other skeletons (Swordsmen use Lorien Swordsmen skeletons for instance), but all of them should use CaH parts with randomizing LUA code and textures (by me) to make them look really random in armor, etc...

- Haradrim Swordsmen (done, but will need slight editing in rigging)
- Haradrim Lancers
- Haradrim Archers
- Haradrim Raiders (cavalry)

Posted Image
Posted Image

Now this is where it get's a little more tricky... We also need (plan) to use Mahûd units as a "mini faction" of Harad, and Khand as a "mini faction" of Rhûn (just like Umbar is to Mordor) - in other words; what we call support units. For THIS beta (4.7), Rhûn and Harad will share space in the same faction, so we won't need all of these units until Beta 4.8 when we plan of splitting Harad from Rhûn. So to prioritize, I chose the Mahûd as the official support units for this combo faction f Rhûn/Harad, and the Khand units can wait until later when Harad leave Rhûn... (I know, lots of names here, lol). So for now, we also need someone to actually MODEL a camel, for the Mahûd Raiders as well as shield/gear/model for the regular foot units, based on some suitable model/skeleton:

- Mahûd Raiders (modified horse model, etc, using Rohirrim skeletons for bow/spear toggle)
- Mahûd Tribesmen (using suitable skeleton and model edited into looking bald, etc)

Posted Image
Posted Image

Any takers - post here or PM me...

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#2 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 25 January 2010 - 06:07 PM

I think having camel riders (that's basically what they are) is way over your head..
A camel does not move like a horse, and you'd need a new skeleton with a whole set of anims to make it look good :p

Also, if you've got the swordsmen, can't the one who volunteer to the job get them, and basically just use them for the other jobs aswell? archer, rider, lancers... to cut down even more job ^_^

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#3 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 25 January 2010 - 08:06 PM

- Hehe well, Flame made a camel that I saw in game (Expansions) and renders, and it looked very good actually, even if it moves like a horse. I still think it would be cool and unusual ;p (See screen below)

- Yes, the existing Haradrim model could naturally be used for the rest, "just" rebinded to other skeletons.

Posted Image

Edited by Nazgûl, 26 January 2010 - 07:23 PM.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#4 drogoth232

drogoth232

What a shame

• Members
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 01:31 AM

Wow thats nice! Now I get to play with my camel riding buddies (soon) !
Wait... what?

#5 JUS_SAURON

JUS_SAURON

El Shaddai

• Members
  • 1,581 posts
  • Projects: BFME2 MOD - Power Of The Ring
  •   INI Coder

Posted 28 January 2010 - 12:06 AM

You may have already dug the guy up with code searching but EA left a hero MODEL unused

Model = MUHarOvr_SKN
He has most amins needed and the rest you can code
I believe he looks like a MOTE unit

#6 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 28 January 2010 - 12:37 AM

Awesome news... :)

My newest helper - Ridder Geel, has made his second freelance thing for SEE tonight, in helping me putting together the Harad models! BOY they look cool. I can't wait to code them in game, and setting up the LUA for randomization of all that CaH gear. I will also make random skins for both units and horses! :p What I've been waiting for, for 1½ years, RG finished in like an hour or so... imagine that, lol. Friggin amazing, at least to me. This means only the Mahud units remain and this faction is complete! =)

I meant to post some renders, but I found one little binding error in the Raider model. (Left shoulder pad is off axis). But a soon as RG fixes it, I'll post renders of all the new models (swordsmen fix + archers, lancers and raiders) in SEE subforums and post the link here :p

When you edit the raidermodel RG, you might as well remove the second arm/leg guard (the mesh with scales called: "BOOT_02") :p

EDIT: Jus... Yeah that looks like the model holding the banner, on top of the mumak. Won't need it, but thanks though =)

Edited by Nazgûl, 28 January 2010 - 12:43 AM.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#7 Námo

Námo

• Project Team
  • 1,291 posts
  • Projects:Middle-earth Lore, Cartography & Linguistics

Posted 28 January 2010 - 07:15 AM

... This means only the Mahud units remain and this faction is complete! =)

I hope you realize that those are fictional non-Tolkien characters ... :)

... elen síla lúmenn´ ómentielvo ...
... a star shines on the hour of our meeting ...
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#8 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 28 January 2010 - 11:12 AM

Hehe yes I know Namo... I'm elaborating cause I like the concept. I hope you're ok with that :p

HERE we go! :)

Edited by Nazgûl, 28 January 2010 - 02:34 PM.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#9 Clement

Clement

title available

• Network Staff
  • 1,442 posts
  • Projects:Various
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Developer

Posted 28 January 2010 - 08:09 PM

I have to say, those concepts are really cool... I had for a long time a folder called "East Project Army" under my modding folder, but that was a long time ago and didn't led to anywhere...

But once again, those concepts are cool...
Posted Image

#10 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 29 January 2010 - 05:49 PM

Glad you like it, I do too =D

Edited by Nazgûl, 29 January 2010 - 05:49 PM.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#11 drogoth232

drogoth232

What a shame

• Members
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 03:29 PM

Nice!
Wait... what?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users