Requests!

• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

#1 the_Farseer

the_Farseer
  • Hosted
  • 142 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 04:13 AM

This thread is here so that you can request things that you would like to see, want changed, or want removed from the next version of the mod. This is not a Q and A thread though....so do not expect me to personally reply to a request. I will pop in every now and again to get an idea of what people want in the mod but I will mostly just be reading the posts, not providing input. This thread is also not a guarantee that your request will be placed in the mod. It is simply a place for people to come up with ideas that I may not have thought of myself. With all that in mind, have at it! Let me know what you want!
“The evil men do lives after them. The good is oft interred with their bones,”

~Julius Caesar

#2 Guest_milos_*

Guest_milos_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 February 2010 - 06:06 PM

how about balancing the mandal forces there very weak and make boba attache to capital ships hes a leader and leaders dont fly small easily destructble ships

#3 the_Farseer

the_Farseer
  • Hosted
  • 142 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 06:34 PM

how about balancing the mandal forces there very weak and make boba attache to capital ships hes a leader and leaders dont fly small easily destructble ships

I am working on making the Mandalorians better for the next version. Were there specific things you thought were weak or just the race in general? As it stands now, I gt my trash kicked by them on medium so I guess I've succeeded in making them more powerful... Version 4 will be better!

As far as adding Boba to a capital ship...I don't know if you have read any of the books that talk about the Mandalorians after the Empire but Fett always flies Slave 1. It is his signature ship and he's never really seen flying anything else. I can try and make that ship more powerful if you think it needs it but I don't think the ship itself will change. "leaders don't fly small, easily destructible ships" -a Mandalorian would find more honor in flying the small ship, I think...simply because it makes his survival more about his skill and less about his guns. That's just my nerdy assessment though <3

~Julius Caesar

#4 Guest_Guest_foreverrussia1_*_*

Guest_Guest_foreverrussia1_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 February 2010 - 03:32 AM

If you have a modeler you can remodel the Slave 1 and retexture it, add more layers of armor, more guns, more everything, make it look like a really complex gunship with a huge assortment of weapons. Then tweak it into the game, thus generating the look, the feel and the actuallity that it's a much more powerful ship than it's size would allow. And it'd still be the Slave 1.

#5 Vithar-133

Vithar-133

Violent Gandhi

• Project Team
  • 1,975 posts
  • Projects:Existing
  •  It's not your skill, boys. It's your will. Ooh-rah!

Posted 08 February 2010 - 05:38 AM

Actually, a Mandalorian would fly a fighter just because it's a testament to his skill and it's a good way to earn some serious honour.

Given that Mandalorians' view on subtlety is that it is worthless/dishonourable, I would imagine that they wouldn't have any stealth ships.

But then, I might be wrong. I know that at one point Mandalorians favored very powerful over very subtle. Not sure if they still stuck by that view in the era this mod covers.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#6 the_Farseer

the_Farseer
  • Hosted
  • 142 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 09:53 AM

Actually, a Mandalorian would fly a fighter just because it's a testament to his skill and it's a good way to earn some serious honour.

Given that Mandalorians' view on subtlety is that it is worthless/dishonourable, I would imagine that they wouldn't have any stealth ships.

But then, I might be wrong. I know that at one point Mandalorians favored very powerful over very subtle. Not sure if they still stuck by that view in the era this mod covers.

There isn't really any talk about whether they had stealth fleets or not. Thrawn was the most notable EU character to employ stealth but beyond him it's never really mentioned afaik. I just figure that since most of the Mandalorians were former bounty hunters, they may have acquired some exotic technology during their careers. Mostly, I left the stealth features that the Consortium had because it made the Mandalorian faction somewhat unique in the same way that it did the faction it replaced. It also invited new tactics to gameplay and just helped keep variation. I do understand your point though.

~Julius Caesar

#7 Kalo Shin

Kalo Shin
  • Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 06:37 PM

How about a giant dildo ship? Make it bright pink! <3. I still think you need to implement more original ground units.

#8 the_Farseer

the_Farseer
  • Hosted
  • 142 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 12:53 AM

How about a giant dildo ship? Make it bright pink! :p. I still think you need to implement more original ground units.

I do think that would quite defeat the purpose of stealth...lol I would like more ground units too. I've already implemented a few but we require more!

~Julius Caesar

#9 Centurian128

Centurian128
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 06:07 AM

Hi there!
I was thinking, maybe think about putting in the Mandalorian Cruisers that appear in the The Old Republic timeline vids. I figure that since they were created later than the Kandosii [by approx. 300 yrs.] and seemed more numerous than the Kandosii they might have a better chance of making it to this era. Just a thought.
Good luck with everything.

#10 the_Farseer

the_Farseer
  • Hosted
  • 142 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 06:34 AM

Hi there!
I was thinking, maybe think about putting in the Mandalorian Cruisers that appear in the The Old Republic timeline vids. I figure that since they were created later than the Kandosii [by approx. 300 yrs.] and seemed more numerous than the Kandosii they might have a better chance of making it to this era. Just a thought.
Good luck with everything.

It's true that there were many ships that were conceived after the Kandosii. I'd like to steer away from putting in more Kotor/OR era units though, partly because it's just the wrong era and also because the Mandalorians are supposed to be a recovering faction and so they can't have many types of capital ships IMO. Perhaps adding an old unit as a hero though...we'll see.

~Julius Caesar

#11 Digz

Digz

title available

• Division Leaders
  • 1,070 posts
  • Projects:Petrolution
  • Division:Petrolution
  • Job:Division Leader

Posted 09 February 2010 - 08:36 AM

Maybe you could even take those old KotoR ships as a concept idea and build around them, e.g making them smaller, but still have some of the features so that they are recognisable to SW fans.

I would also argue that the Mandalorians definitely did not want a stealth option, or even use one, they opt for power and a straight fight.

I'll do some more research on that though, may even start to make a Petrolution factfile on some races and what units/ships/heroes they could potentially have.

#12 the_Farseer

the_Farseer
  • Hosted
  • 142 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 09:58 AM

Maybe you could even take those old KotoR ships as a concept idea and build around them, e.g making them smaller, but still have some of the features so that they are recognisable to SW fans.

I would also argue that the Mandalorians definitely did not want a stealth option, or even use one, they opt for power and a straight fight.

I'll do some more research on that though, may even start to make a Petrolution factfile on some races and what units/ships/heroes they could potentially have.

Yes, so true about the stealth as was said before. I suppose I really should remove that feature. Building around the old ships isn't a bad idea though... I'll draw up some concepts and see where that takes me. I'd read that factfile if you were to make it btw.

~Julius Caesar

#13 Guest_Guest_Myles_*_*

Guest_Guest_Myles_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 February 2010 - 09:52 PM

Mabye you coeld add jetpacks to the mandalorians

#14 Aaray'jarkiv Zoo'ata

Aaray'jarkiv Zoo'ata
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 03:53 AM

For the record Fett did once make off with a Star Destroyer, but that's beside the point.

I think some sort of fighter carrying ship for the Mandos. Something to add fighters into battle.
Besides that, maybe a Bes'uliik starfighter, or a Tra'kad, though not sure how the later could be put to use.
The former, obviously would be an advanced star fighter. Just unfortunate that no actual official drawings exist of either. And of course, both fighters are technically past the era the mod takes place in, so if absolute realism is the point, don't bother with the suggestion ^^;

Now, I also think the stealth should be kept. While Mandalorians did generally opt for a straight fight, a policy of "strategic dissapearance", otherwise known as regrouping and attacking again later, was often employed. It ensured their survival really. So I'd suggest keeping that in.

http://starwars.wiki...ki/MandalMotors
Can find some great ideas for possible Mando ships if needed there

Edited by Aaray'jarkiv Zoo'ata, 13 February 2010 - 04:04 AM.

#15 the_Farseer

the_Farseer
  • Hosted
  • 142 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 04:09 AM

...strategic disappearance...

Yep. I had thought of this too. Glad somebody else knows about this :p

~Julius Caesar

#16 Guest_Guest_Myles_*_*

Guest_Guest_Myles_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 February 2010 - 08:13 AM

Please do not quote yourself to get my attention. I stated at the beginning of this thread that I would not be responding to every individual post. The only reason I have even responded thus far, to any post, is because the amount of users on the forum is relatively low at the moment. Though, since I'm taking the time to clear your double-post, I will take the time to say that I will not be adding jetpacks to every Mandalorian trooper. That would create a huge amount of balance issues. I don't plan on adding it to any other heroes either. Please do not post about this a third time.

Edited by the_Farseer, 13 February 2010 - 09:41 AM.

#17 Digz

Digz

title available

• Division Leaders
  • 1,070 posts
  • Projects:Petrolution
  • Division:Petrolution
  • Job:Division Leader

Posted 13 February 2010 - 09:52 AM

I'd read that factfile if you were to make it btw.

I guess I'm going to have to :p I'll start it off slowly to one or two races and build it up.

strategic disappearance

Good point, never really thought of that. Maybe those units could have some sort of Guerilla style combat functions then, maybe creating stealth wouldn't be an issue but blending in to other surroundings for example in asteroid fields so the enemy can't attack them. This concept instead of having a complete stealth mode wouldn't make this unit too powerful then and balancing would really be so much of a task to get other ships on par or at least be able to counter this one.

#18 vadereclipse

vadereclipse
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 12:43 PM

There isn't really any talk about whether they had stealth fleets or not. Thrawn was the most notable EU character to employ stealth but beyond him it's never really mentioned afaik. I just figure that since most of the Mandalorians were former bounty hunters, they may have acquired some exotic technology during their careers. Mostly, I left the stealth features that the Consortium had because it made the Mandalorian faction somewhat unique in the same way that it did the faction it replaced. It also invited new tactics to gameplay and just helped keep variation. I do understand your point though.

if it means anything, i read on Wookieepedia on the Tra'kad entry that it could operate temporarily on zero-power, allowing it to go undetected in debris, as seen in the second battle of Fondor. in essence, isn't that stealth?
there is also, indirectly, those mandalorian mercenaries in KOTOR which used stealth fields, although they had become mere hired guns. however, there are several times when mandalorians are seen using stealth in KOTOR 2; most notably on Dxun, when you approach the entrance of the Mandalorian camp, and towards the end of the game on Citadel Station, when you see Canderous Ordo (Mandalore) just before you fight your way to the Ravager.

also, if i was to make a request, i'd suggest raising the land skirmish cap a bit. i know it's pretty easy to do but it would be a good touch.

Edited by vadereclipse, 13 February 2010 - 01:52 PM.

#19 the_Farseer

the_Farseer
  • Hosted
  • 142 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 06:09 PM

Good point, never really thought of that. Maybe those units could have some sort of Guerilla style combat functions then, maybe creating stealth wouldn't be an issue but blending in to other surroundings for example in asteroid fields so the enemy can't attack them. This concept instead of having a complete stealth mode wouldn't make this unit too powerful then and balancing would really be so much of a task to get other ships on par or at least be able to counter this one.

That's a good idea...though I'm not sure how I would pull it off, honestly. I know the game is set up to differentiate the nebulae and asteroid fields from the rest of space but I am unsure how I would go about setting abilities to trigger within them. I'll see what I can do though.

if it means anything, i read on Wookieepedia on the Tra'kad entry that it could operate temporarily on zero-power, allowing it to go undetected in debris, as seen in the second battle of Fondor. in essence, isn't that stealth?
there is also, indirectly, those mandalorian mercenaries in KOTOR which used stealth fields, although they had become mere hired guns. however, there are several times when mandalorians are seen using stealth in KOTOR 2; most notably on Dxun, when you approach the entrance of the Mandalorian camp, and towards the end of the game on Citadel Station, when you see Canderous Ordo (Mandalore) just before you fight your way to the Ravager.

also, if i was to make a request, i'd suggest raising the land skirmish cap a bit. i know it's pretty easy to do but it would be a good touch.

The only problem with increasing the land skirmish cap is that is will really slow down older comps...not that some of the other changes I've made wont :p With the changes I have made, I have started to really enjoy ground battles a lot. I think I'll release as is, than maybe a patch for this, or something.

Edited by the_Farseer, 13 February 2010 - 06:12 PM.

~Julius Caesar

#20 Centurian128

Centurian128
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 06:20 PM

Hello again,
Are you thinking of giving the rest of the Mando hero units their own fighters/ ships when in space?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users