The Phoenix Rising Team
is looking for a veteran, all-in-one vehicle artist with the ability to take new vehicles from concept to game. As our vehicle modeler, you will be using reference imagery (which is not always orthogonal) to create a detailed mesh within a triangle budget, assign smoothing groups to said mesh, and perform triangle reduction. In some cases, you'll also need to adapt the mesh to create additional level-of-detail meshes. As our vehicle skinner/texturer, you'll unwrap the mesh and paint the textures, which consist of diffuse, team color, additive, normal, and specularity maps. If you're able to rig and animate, it would be a bonus, but not a necessity, as I am thus capable. Throughout this process, we'll have a back-and-forth dialogue to ensure accuracy and art direction, so please be open to critique. This is a very important team position, as it will allow us to properly revamp the Land portion of the mod, but we can work with your schedule; if you'd prefer, this can be taken as a freelance assignment where you complete one unit without actually joining the team and having those responsibilities.Requirements
- Expert at 3D vehicle modeling with 3ds Max (release 8, if possible).
- Ability to create realistic, multi-map vehicle textures.
- Can work as part of a team and take direction.
- Ability to rig the model and animate movement.
- Ability to generate normals with 3ds Max.
- Ability to set up a high-quality render.
- Ability to bake global illumination into textures.
- Understanding of graph theory as it relates to smoothing groups.
- Any technical sci-fi knowledge.
To apply, please send me a private message
. If you can attach any shots of example vehicles that you've done previously, that would be a huge help.
Edited by Phoenix Rising, 15 February 2010 - 07:19 PM.