BFME 3

• Please log in to reply
326 replies to this topic

#61 M.Ruud

M.Ruud
  • Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 05:44 PM

Have you guys got a 'finished' tech-tree laying around anywhere? I think a fair handful of us would like to see it

Not in 100%.
I have created units list for Gondor and Mordor...and have done some other work.On this stage we are:
1)working on a full petition;
2)creating a lot of arts,models etc.
3)working on scenario
4)working on a new forum
5)and searching for new people =)
Next what i want to say...
I want to show you last upd on revora.It's unfinished art of werewolf by our new 2d artist ^_^
Why it's last upd?We want to show the World really perfect presentation.So we need a lot of materials.At this stage we are working on this :p
So, just wait some more time...and you'll see huge presentation and maybe a new official forum.
Hope, you'll waint for more info))))

Oh...and the art :p
Posted Image

Edited by M.Ruud, 16 February 2010 - 05:45 PM.

Posted Image

#62 Bart

Bart

• Network Admins
  • 8,524 posts
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Network Leader

Posted 16 February 2010 - 05:53 PM

That all looks very promising. ^_^
I wouldn't call it BFME 3 though. For one, it's not very original or inspiring, but naming it something else may also help in avoiding some legal issues.
bartvh | Join me, make your signature small!
Einstein: "We can’t solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

#63 M.Ruud

M.Ruud
  • Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 06:10 PM

That all looks very promising. :p
I wouldn't call it BFME 3 though. For one, it's not very original or inspiring, but naming it something else may also help in avoiding some legal issues.

Em....wait a minute...
We aren't creating this game for selling.We want just present it to EA and show them that our community is not dead!I think everyone of you want to see bfme3 from EA.So why are you...no helping us ^_^
I want to awake bfme community from all over the world.Hope i'll do this.

Edited by M.Ruud, 16 February 2010 - 06:11 PM.

Posted Image

#64 NewErr

NewErr

Elf-friend

• Project Team
  • 2,177 posts
  • Projects:Wars of The Firstborn
  •  World Wide Artist

Posted 16 February 2010 - 06:53 PM

Well I say the LOTR community starts boiling again .... it might just work tho ...
I'm not really sure what to say about the name ...

Edited by Valaquenta10, 16 February 2010 - 06:53 PM.

#65 M.Ruud

M.Ruud
  • Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 07:05 PM

Well I say the LOTR community starts boiling again .... it might just work tho ...
I'm not really sure what to say about the name ...

What is it mean?Please, send PM to me.

Posted Image

#66 NewErr

NewErr

Elf-friend

• Project Team
  • 2,177 posts
  •  World Wide Artist

Posted 16 February 2010 - 07:16 PM

It happens that more and more lotr fans become active again (On T3A mostly) and other places . This Mod may cause that even more people may come by .

And about the "Bfme 3" name of the mod , I'm not really sure what to say about it .The Title seems dull for such a project. (Maybe it's a marketing strategy ,people will think that this project is made by EA - for those who don't know they lost the License )

#67 M.Ruud

M.Ruud
  • Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 07:30 PM

It happens that more and more lotr fans become active again (On T3A mostly) and other places . This Mod may cause that even more people may come by .

And about the "Bfme 3" name of the mod , I'm not really sure what to say about it .The Title seems dull for such a project. (Maybe it's a marketing strategy ,people will think that this project is made by EA - for those who don't know they lost the License )

Now i understand you ^_^
I can agree with you.LOTR community is active now...but not a lot of people are interested in bfme,bfme2,rotwk and modding.It's realy sad.Russian community is "dead" too.
First my task is to make internation forum(and site) for this project.I want to join there a lot of people...Stop.Right now i'm telling you all my plans...i shouldn't do this)))

Edited by M.Ruud, 16 February 2010 - 07:33 PM.

Posted Image

#68 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 16 February 2010 - 09:00 PM

I think everyone of you want to see bfme3 from EA.So why are you...no helping us ^_^

Well, that depends...
The games seem to be getting worse for each game.. BFME1 was awesome, BFME2 was not, RotWK sucked in general :p

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#69 M.Ruud

M.Ruud
  • Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 10:05 PM

I think everyone of you want to see bfme3 from EA.So why are you...no helping us ^_^

Well, that depends...
The games seem to be getting worse for each game.. BFME1 was awesome, BFME2 was not, RotWK sucked in general :p

In my opinion bfme and bfme2-best RTS games.Their gameplay is really unique!And we'll try to make it better :p

Edited by M.Ruud, 16 February 2010 - 10:14 PM.

Posted Image

#70 Ring o' Fate

Ring o' Fate

The Ghost.

• Project Team
  • 1,627 posts
  • Projects:Trying to find meaning...
  •  The guy that is just a ghost.

Posted 16 February 2010 - 10:22 PM

Ok, I'm having a few problems understanding this. Is this a mod for CnC3? Or is it something else? I mean, I understand this is trying to more or less remake an old game, unless you intend to make this a brand new game or something, but the rest is a bit unclear. That, and I don't want to waste my time for waiting for a mod that is for a game I don't even have....
A changed man is only the same man with a different outlook of life.

#71 M.Ruud

M.Ruud
  • Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 10:39 PM

Ok, I'm having a few problems understanding this. Is this a mod for CnC3? Or is it something else? I mean, I understand this is trying to more or less remake an old game, unless you intend to make this a brand new game or something, but the rest is a bit unclear. That, and I don't want to waste my time for waiting for a mod that is for a game I don't even have....

I'll try explain you...
In this stage this is "mod" for CnC3.We are trying to make game which will be present to EA.I don't know what will be on future...but we have a hope that EA will support us.I have already a speech with EA manager...Only that i can say...our idea isn't bad =)
Every day our team work on this project.I think in near future we'll send a little presentation to EA and ask them permition to use "officialy" BFME3 brand.
That'll be a huge step forward.

Edited by M.Ruud, 16 February 2010 - 10:40 PM.

Posted Image

#72 mike_

mike_

Student of Homer.

• Global Moderators
  • 4,323 posts
  • Projects:The Peloponnesian Wars Mod.
  •  There are no heroes, no villains - only decisions.
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator

Posted 17 February 2010 - 12:01 AM

I really doubt that EA will officially support you or endorse your efforts, seeing as they have to legal rights to do so or profit by it.

#73 khamulrulz

khamulrulz

title available

• Members
  • 469 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 09:35 AM

the problem is that bfme3 can't be released with the new line or tolkien license, at least under ea. they lost the license to warner bros.

some questions, m.ruud, what new features do you plan to implement into this game? and what features are you keeping from bfme 1 and 2? also, what game modes will there be? just skirmish, or a campaign only? cheers.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#74 M.Ruud

M.Ruud
  • Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 09:06 PM

the problem is that bfme3 can't be released with the new line or tolkien license, at least under ea. they lost the license to warner bros.

some questions, m.ruud, what new features do you plan to implement into this game? and what features are you keeping from bfme 1 and 2? also, what game modes will there be? just skirmish, or a campaign only? cheers.

In my opinion EA'll buy the license again.Just wait...
About new features:you will see them in our presentation :p

Posted Image

#75 NewErr

NewErr

Elf-friend

• Project Team
  • 2,177 posts
  •  World Wide Artist

Posted 18 February 2010 - 09:14 PM

Maybe when "The Hobbit" movies will be released . :p

#76 mike_

mike_

Student of Homer.

• Global Moderators
  • 4,323 posts
  • Projects:The Peloponnesian Wars Mod.
  •  There are no heroes, no villains - only decisions.
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator

Posted 18 February 2010 - 09:41 PM

If anything they'll make a bid for the license to "The Hobbit" license. I really don't see EA renewing the BFME license. You guys would do a lot better to keep doing your own thing and leave them out of the plan.

#77 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 19 February 2010 - 02:20 PM

I say;

Ditch the BFME3 name, make a new.
Keep it realistic, meaning, aim for making a mod, don't think you'll ever get to make a game out of it :)

Sure, who know what'll happen, but just saying that your chances are pretty pretty low... In fact I would say you don't have a chance, but you can never say never..

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#78 Dragonzilla

Dragonzilla
  • New Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 01:11 AM

Just rename it Battle for Middle Earth Legends, Battle for Middle Earth: A New Age, Battle for Middle Earth: Dawn of the Ring or something.

#79 M.Ruud

M.Ruud
  • Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 07:11 AM

Just rename it Battle for Middle Earth Legends, Battle for Middle Earth: A New Age, Battle for Middle Earth: Dawn of the Ring or something.

Why?I'll use this name(BFME 3 DEMO)

Posted Image

#80 NewErr

NewErr

Elf-friend

• Project Team
  • 2,177 posts
  •  World Wide Artist

Posted 20 February 2010 - 11:38 AM

Damn, your guard from your signature ... :)

I say the name is .. easy to change .. so let's just not worry about it now . The project itself is what matter , and it's going great :p .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users