The Phoenix Rising Team
is looking for a veteran, all-in-one character artist with the ability to take new characters from concept to game. As our character modeler, you will be using reference imagery to create a mesh (usually a biped) within a triangle budget, assign smoothing groups to said mesh, and perform triangle reduction. In some cases, you'll also need to adapt the mesh to create additional level-of-detail meshes. As our character skinner/texturer, you'll unwrap the mesh and paint the textures, which consist of diffuse, team color, normal, and specularity maps. As our character rigger, you'll create a Bone hierarchy to work with the Skin modifier and portion the mesh into appropriate Envelopes. Throughout this process, we'll have a back-and-forth dialogue to ensure accuracy and art direction, so please be open to critique. This is a very important team position, as it will allow us to properly revamp the Land portion of the mod and to finalize hero units, but we can work with your schedule; if you'd prefer, this can be taken as a freelance assignment where you complete one unit without actually joining the team and having those responsibilities.Requirements
- Expert at low-poly 3D character modeling with 3ds Max (release 8, if possible).
- Ability to create realistic, multi-map character textures.
- Familiarity with rigging characters for the Skin modifier.
- Can work as part of a team and take direction.
- Ability to set up a high-quality render.
- Understanding of graph theory as it relates to smoothing groups.
To apply, please send me a private message
. If you can attach any shots of example low-poly characters that you've done previously, that would be a huge help.