Photo

TDH Balance Thread

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#41 Guest_Diogo_*

Guest_Diogo_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 August 2011 - 11:57 AM

I was wondering, cocerning the archer problem, if arrow resistance could be purchased as an upgrade (simialr to horse shields) but to keep from making archers useless making it as an option: either heavy armor or arrow resistance. imo this would make us have to chose how to upgrade units to be able to counter archers while having to battle other units at the same time.

#42 Nertea

Nertea

...lo sa raptor!

• Hosted
  • 3,349 posts
  • Projects:Star Villains and Space heroes, The Dwarf Holds
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:BFME/Unity

Posted 30 August 2011 - 08:36 PM

It's not a bad idea, but I'm unlikely to make large mechanics changes at this stage in the project.

sig.png
I really don't do requests and my Arnor Soldier is not fit for BFME. Don't ask me for either.

#43 Guest_Diogo_*

Guest_Diogo_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 September 2011 - 06:38 PM

One thing i found out about when playing with/against rohan is that aragorn's melee swing is too powerfull. He alone, at rank 5, can decimate at least 2 battalions of fully upgraded gondor soldiers-archers not to mention that at rank 10 he can 2(3)-shot gandalf (at the same rank). Although aragorn is supposed to be a powerful warrior, gandalf is an istari and should be, at least, be able to handle aragorn's dmg not to mention that when aragorn remmembers to pop up his aotd my armies are completely consumed :p he just singlehandedly killed a rank 10 faramir with 4 fully upgraded towerguard-archer battalions, with all battalions with rank 5+. I find similar problems with theoden's guards that at early game can kill a lot of soldiers (maybe the timer should be decreased? or perhaps an ability that can allow theoden to escape a tight situation like a stun ability to the bodyguards while decreasing their melee dmg?).

#44 Baki

Baki

title available

• Project Team
  • 357 posts
  • Projects:TDH AI

Posted 01 September 2011 - 08:36 PM

Please don't get me wrong but, you can't judge the balance of the game by simply playing against the AI. That will NEVER work, simply because competitive games (vs human) are played totally different than games against the AI. Changing the balance after having it compared with the AI will totally screw it up. And concerning Aragorn, don't worry he will be different than he was until now. ;)
Posted Image

#45 Ganon

Ganon

What's this?

• Project Team
  • 967 posts
  • Projects:My Link Mod
  •  Code Scientist

Posted 01 September 2011 - 09:15 PM

Yeah, typically in a player vs. player game, you would never have people making Aragorn fight Gandalf in hand-to-hand combat.

Edit: Unless they're noobs. :crazed:

Edited by _Bender_, 01 September 2011 - 09:16 PM.

#46 Spartan184

Spartan184

:)

• Project Team
  • 1,592 posts
  • Projects:Random Modding Projects
  •  Coder, Map.ini Coder, Mapper, and Beta Tester

Posted 01 September 2011 - 10:43 PM

Looks whose talking :p

safsignature.png

#47 Guest_Diogo_*

Guest_Diogo_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 September 2011 - 02:20 AM

I was just a lil frustrated when i was destroying a rohan base and suddenly, out of nowhere, aragorn jumps in and obliterates my army in less than 30 secs xD
Is his aotd summon getting the same changes as the spellbook one?

#48 {IP}Solstice

{IP}Solstice

The Relayer

• Project Team
  • 461 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 02:34 AM

His Gondor version doesn't even have aotd anymore so you don't have to worry, not sure about the Rohan summoning one though :unsure:
my political compass: http://www.political...-4.75&soc=-5.69
my website: http://future4.weebly.com/ (out of date)

#49 yams in a can

yams in a can

Friend of the Right Side

• Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 08:54 AM

Can we make blood thirsty a useful ability for orcs no mater their level. Bloodthirsty only serves to help orcs reach level 2, and that's about it. I personally think it should be some type of heal ability. 

Just checking up, why do the knights of Dol Amroth have such ridiculous armor/health values? Each night seems to be as hardy as Imrahil himself. 

Posted Image
To the professor, John Ronald Reuel Tolkien.

Posted Image
Posted Image

-yams in a can

#50 Spartan184

Spartan184

:)

• Project Team
  • 1,592 posts
  • Projects:Random Modding Projects
  •  Coder, Map.ini Coder, Mapper, and Beta Tester

Posted 30 December 2013 - 06:19 PM

Yams, you obviously aren't using Blood Thirty to its full potential. You can get level 10 batts of orcs by just using that plus drummer trolls for rank 10 combos.

safsignature.png

#51 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  • Projects:It'sa secreeet
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Expert
  • Donated

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:26 PM

Bloodthirsty is awesome with games with smaller starting positions like camps or outposts. Three (free) hordes can easily become rank 5+ in a very short time.

https://www.twitch.tv/vileartist - Yes shameless self-promotion

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Old modders never die, they just fade away" ~ Hostile

#52 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:57 PM

Agreed, I once saw this clip of vanilla BFME where a player used Bloodthirsty to incredible effect. It's fine the way it is, though I agree the healing sounds intriguing.

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#53 Zeta1127

Zeta1127

Supporter of P-canon

• Members
  • 415 posts
  • Projects:A Galaxy Far, Far Away
  •  Ancient Order of the Whills Clone Marshal Commander of the 89th Legion

Posted 02 January 2014 - 04:32 AM

Well, that is interesting, bloodthirsty and drummer trolls, I think I may have just found out how to properly use Mordor...

"I'm just a simple man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango Fett
"You are fooling yourself, Captain. Nothing here is what it seems. You are not the plucky hero, the Alliance is not an evil empire, and this is not the grand arena."
"And that's not incense." - The Operative and Inara Serra
"What you will see, if you leave the Mirror free to work, I cannot tell. For it shows things that were, and things that are, and things that yet maybe. But which it is that he sees, even the wisest cannot always tell. Do you wish to look?" - Galadriel
Clone Marshal Commander Zeta 1127 of the 89th Legion
Admiral Zebulon Wilhelm of Task Force Mystic/Fleet Junkie

#54 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  • Projects:It'sa secreeet
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Expert
  • Donated

Posted 03 January 2014 - 07:09 AM

I wouldn't say properly. :p It's just one of many viable methods.

https://www.twitch.tv/vileartist - Yes shameless self-promotion

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Old modders never die, they just fade away" ~ Hostile

#55 Zeta1127

Zeta1127

Supporter of P-canon

• Members
  • 415 posts
  • Projects:A Galaxy Far, Far Away
  •  Ancient Order of the Whills Clone Marshal Commander of the 89th Legion

Posted 04 January 2014 - 10:55 PM

I think I finally figured out how I can effectively use Mordor. Mordor, unlike Isengard, needs to use Slaughter Houses instead of Furnaces in the beginning, with an army of Orcs, preferably double hordes, and trolls, then transition to Mumakil in the mid to late game. And with TDH, transition to Black Uruks in the mid game and Morgul Orcs in the late game. Mordor is the only faction I have never been able to effectively use, and they are still my least favorite, but I think I can now use them.

"I'm just a simple man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango Fett
"You are fooling yourself, Captain. Nothing here is what it seems. You are not the plucky hero, the Alliance is not an evil empire, and this is not the grand arena."
"And that's not incense." - The Operative and Inara Serra
"What you will see, if you leave the Mirror free to work, I cannot tell. For it shows things that were, and things that are, and things that yet maybe. But which it is that he sees, even the wisest cannot always tell. Do you wish to look?" - Galadriel
Clone Marshal Commander Zeta 1127 of the 89th Legion
Admiral Zebulon Wilhelm of Task Force Mystic/Fleet Junkie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users