67 replies to this topic

#1 Baki

Baki

title available

• Project Team
  • 357 posts
  • Projects:TDH AI

Posted 17 February 2010 - 10:34 PM

OK I'll list what I found so far. As the title says they are only minor things though. <3

- Dwarven units get no additional health when they level up. At least that was the case with the basic Warriors and Archers. (well that's an important one :p)
- Orc Archers can't get the fire arrow upgrade. You can click on it and it will trigger the upgrade, but nothing happens, they still shoot with normal arrows. And is it on purpose that the Haradrim archers are unupgradeable?
- The Haradrim/Rhun banner carrier has orc voices (that of the orc banner carrier)
- The Azagh-Baruk have no shortcut
- Don't know if this is on purpose, but the orc banner carrier and catapult of Mordor still have the skins/models of the vanilla game, while the siege tower and battering ram have the RA skins.
- There are some typos (well kinda) in the descriptions of the new maps (I know that this is very picky, but well.. :good:)
Posted Image

#2 Baki

Baki

title available

• Project Team
  • 357 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 10:55 PM

I forgot some.

- The Baruk-sharahul don't have an animation for the state when they toggle their weapons. Looks a bit odd.
- In the manual the Superior Training upgrade increases both health and attack. But ingame it will only boost health, if I'm not mistaken.
- The Dwarf Captain (Zirak-Burkun) is called Zirak-Farin when you built and click on him.

And a question:
I can't really see much difference between the Khazad-uzbadul and King Dain's Bodyguards. Is it right that they are identical units?
Posted Image

#3 _Haldir_

_Haldir_

Mapper

• Project Team
  • 1,203 posts
  • Projects:The Dwarf Holds, The Elven Alliance: Community Edition
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 18 February 2010 - 12:34 AM

- There are some typos (well kinda) in the descriptions of the new maps (I know that this is very picky, but well.. )

Which ones and what's wrong?

- The Baruk-sharahul don't have an animation for the state when they toggle their weapons. Looks a bit odd.

We've known that one for a while, i don't think it can be corrected

I can't really see much difference between the Khazad-uzbadul and King Dain's Bodyguards. Is it right that they are identical units?

Dain's guard has a leadership ability that grants 10% experience to nearby units, as well as giving Dain a 25% armour bonus. They have higher armour stats than the regular Khazad-uzbadul.

Posted Image Posted Image

#4 Baki

Baki

title available

• Project Team
  • 357 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 02:07 PM

I found a bit more concerning lotr.str:
- Orc Pit description: Black Uruks are missing (Trains Orc Warriors and Archers)
- The Dwarven metallurgy Upgrade: the g is missing ingame

General:
- Leadership of Saruman doesn't work 100% correctly (resource structures should get a 50% boost when he is near, but they don't)

A bug concerning the Minas Morgul map:
- You can build a Mumakil Pen inside the Morgul castle, but when you do so the Mumakil can't get out as it is too huge. :p I think that Mumakil shouldn't be allowed on such castle maps. (as it is already the case on some maps)

Bugs concerning art work:
- One attack anim of the Uruk warriors is bumpy, looks strange. (the one where it fully strikes out, in vanilla it was the anim where it used both hands.)
- And there are two bugs with the model itself. I made two screenies to show
Posted Image
The arm goes through the shield.

Posted Image
The shield is not attached to the arm of the Uruk. It "levitates" in the air actually.
Posted Image

#5 Taralom

Taralom

Self-proclaimed A**hole

• Project Team
  • 1,519 posts
  • Projects:Turned to Writing
  •  I R GOOGL'd

Posted 18 February 2010 - 04:53 PM

Guess this has become the bugs thread?

- Player owned Thrust Marksmen of Dale fear the Light of Durin's day, even when activated by the owning player.

(man, in order to make this clear, I accidentaly made a sentence that can be interpreted in many ways :p )
If the above post offended you in any way,
please take note that, until further notice, I don't care, so get lost.

#6 Baki

Baki

title available

• Project Team
  • 357 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 09:32 PM

- 'Guard area' button for the Black Uruks is missing
- banner carrier of them is too slow, can't keep up with the battalion
Posted Image

#7 Spartan184

Spartan184

:)

• Project Team
  • 1,592 posts
  • Projects:Random Modding Projects
  •  Coder, Map.ini Coder, Mapper, and Beta Tester

Posted 18 February 2010 - 11:04 PM

BakiNoM, are you really gonna kill yourself just because the banner isn't keeping up with the battalion? And its the same in the vanilla game.

safsignature.png

#8 Nertea

Nertea

...lo sa raptor!

• Hosted
  • 3,349 posts
  • Projects:Star Villains and Space heroes, The Dwarf Holds
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:BFME/Unity

Posted 18 February 2010 - 11:34 PM

I went through your bugs and added the ones I confirmed to the master thread.

A number of them aren't bugs, explained as follows:

- Leadership of Saruman doesn't work 100% correctly (resource structures should get a 50% boost when he is near, but they don't)
Actually because the tooltip is wrong.

If you're an animator, I can use you to make one.

- The Haradrim/Rhun banner carrier has orc voices (that of the orc banner carrier)
This has always been the case

- Don't know if this is on purpose, but the orc banner carrier and catapult of Mordor still have the skins/models of the vanilla game, while the siege tower and battering ram have the RA skins.
Banner carriers are looking fine to me...

And is it on purpose that the Haradrim archers are unupgradeable?
Yes, they're just a reskin of lancers

- The Dwarf Captain (Zirak-Burkun) is called Zirak-Farin when you built and click on him.
The Captain chooses between 15 random dwarf names, preceeded by Zirak, when you build him

- In the manual the Superior Training upgrade increases both health and attack. But ingame it will only boost health, if I'm not mistaken.
Error in the manual actually. It should only double their health

sig.png
I really don't do requests and my Arnor Soldier is not fit for BFME. Don't ask me for either.

#9 Baki

Baki

title available

• Project Team
  • 357 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 02:05 PM

BakiNoM, are you really gonna kill yourself just because the banner isn't keeping up with the battalion? And its the same in the vanilla game.

Is it your business? Who said I'm going to kill me?
And no, it's not the same in the vanilla game. The Uruks weren't in the vanilla game you know?

As this is the bug forum I just post the bugs I find while playing, if you guys are bothered than I won't.
Posted Image

#10 maguirenumber6

maguirenumber6
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 06:44 PM

Just a very minor one I'm sure, but when I was playing a skirmish with Erebor, there was no image for the faction as there is with all the others when you're setting up a skirmish. And also, I was playing on easy Erebor vs Mordor on the Dwarrowdelf map, and there were no visible building plots in my Erebor camp.

Edited by maguirenumber6, 19 February 2010 - 06:50 PM.

"Follow only if ye be men of valour, for the entrance to this cave is guarded by a creature so foul, so cruel that no man yet has fought with it and lived. Bones of full fifty men lie strewn about its lair. So, brave knights, if you do doubt your courage or your strength, come no further, for death awaits you all with nasty, big, pointy teeth."
-Tim the Enchanter

#11 Námo

Námo

• Project Team
  • 1,291 posts
  • Projects:Middle-earth Lore, Cartography & Linguistics

Posted 19 February 2010 - 10:19 PM

// off-topic:

The Captain chooses between 15 random dwarf names, preceeded by Zirak, when you build him

So, it is possible to make 'stat variation' on unit names, too. Very interesting ... and beautiful. :)

I guess I'll take a closer look at the lotr.str to see how you implement that. :p I know that somewhere I did mention some kind of variation, but that was just in a symbolic way, to describe the stunning possibilities in the Khuzdul language. Well done.

... btw, I'll mail a revised Azagh-aglâb Khuzdul to you next week - having seen the mod now, I can make the vocabulary a little more user-friendly, should you decide to publish it.

Thanks for the beautiful mod.

... elen síla lúmenn´ ómentielvo ...
... a star shines on the hour of our meeting ...
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#12 tomac

tomac
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 10:33 PM

Just a very minor one I'm sure, but when I was playing a skirmish with Erebor, there was no image for the faction as there is with all the others when you're setting up a skirmish. And also, I was playing on easy Erebor vs Mordor on the Dwarrowdelf map, and there were no visible building plots in my Erebor camp.

Yeah i've seen it too.

Another bug is that you can buy banner carrier from a lvl 1 forge (name right? the blacksmith for erebor) while the description says lvl 2 forge needed before you can purchase it.

#13 m@tt

m@tt

#######

• Project Team
  • 4,056 posts
  • Projects:The Dwarf Holds
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 19 February 2010 - 10:44 PM

Most of the new maps (except Haldir's) will have pathfinding issues tbh, when I have time I need to go through them all and add tactical markes.
Posted Image

#14 Spartan184

Spartan184

• Project Team
  • 1,592 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 11:15 PM

Is it your business? Who said I'm going to kill me?
And no, it's not the same in the vanilla game. The Uruks weren't in the vanilla game you know?

As this is the bug forum I just post the bugs I find while playing, if you guys are bothered than I won't.

Yes I'm sorry BakiNoM I didn't notice till I played as Mordor. I thought you meant something else cause in vanilla the banner carriers are usually a little in the back of the horde. Should have edited my post as soon as I notice it but didn't bothered to.

safsignature.png

#15 Taralom

Taralom

Self-proclaimed A**hole

• Project Team
  • 1,519 posts
  • Projects:Turned to Writing
  •  I R GOOGL'd

Posted 19 February 2010 - 11:38 PM

I've added a debug-break of the Dol Amroth Map.

The player inside was a random faction and I was playing dwarves. The game never started.

Attached Thumbnails

• Debug_break_DA.jpg

Edited by Taralom, 19 February 2010 - 11:38 PM.

If the above post offended you in any way,
please take note that, until further notice, I don't care, so get lost.

#16 Dúnedain76

Dúnedain76

Misty Mountain Hop

• Division Admins
  • 451 posts
  •  Mapper, Artist, Coder
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:The3rdAge Admin

Posted 20 February 2010 - 02:14 AM

Well I have a bug.(I think its a bug at least) My Rangers of Ithilien have two quivers and have a blue box on their scabbard. The Gondor Soldiers also have a bug that whenever they move there is a weird black thing that juts out to their side. (Ive tested all detail levels and there are all the same)

Ive included a picture to show the Ithilien Rangers.

Edited by Dunedain Ranger76, 20 February 2010 - 02:15 AM.

#17 MrBlack103

MrBlack103
  • Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 07:06 AM

Well, if this is the bug thread, I'd better post what I noticed in my last skirmish:

-The rohirrim summon for Gondor doesn't time out. They just stay there until killed. The "time remaining" bar stays full.
-I revealed a Dwarven AI's walls on their castle then went away so it was covered in fog. After a Rohan AI defeated them, I went back to the location and lo and behold, the castle did not exist, but it did not update what was revealed. In other words, the base was destroyed, but the walls still showed. To make things even more confusing, it was just the graphic of the walls, and none of the units seemed to know it was there. Here are these walls in the middle of nowhere which units can walk through! :)

I hope that last one made sense, it is a bit hard to explain. Both these bugs were noticed while playing the Belfalas map, if you want to know.

EDIT: Just played as Gondor on the Old Brown Lands map and again the Rohirrim will not time out.

Edited by MrBlack103, 20 February 2010 - 07:53 AM.

#18 Baki

Baki

title available

• Project Team
  • 357 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 02:51 PM

- Player owned Thrust Marksmen of Dale fear the Light of Durin's day, even when activated by the owning player.

I can confirm this one btw.

More :)
- Summoned Rohirrim of Gondor stay forever (their timer is always on full)
- In the Dwarf workshop the button says "Construct Urkhas-Felak", while for all other units in the game it's just the name of the unit itself (ie "Rohan Rohirrim", not "Construct Rohan Rohirrim")
- Dwarf Captain has no shortcut
- Dwarf Archers and Khazad-uzbadul sometimes have the voices of Gondor Soldiers when they die
Posted Image

#19 Yarrum

Yarrum

Kahuna

• Project Team
  • 461 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 05:04 PM

The arrows in Legolas's quiver and on the Galadhrim are purple.

Edited by Yarrum, 20 February 2010 - 05:15 PM.

KotW%20Left%20Morgul%20Banner.jpg
KotW Beta Tester
frodo_sam.jpg

#20 Spartan184

Spartan184

• Project Team
  • 1,592 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 05:06 PM

I think there something wrong with your version then cause in mine there not.

safsignature.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users