• 9,126 posts
  • Projects:Writing Words With Letters
  •  I Help
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Community Admin

Posted 21 February 2010 - 03:10 AM

;)

http://www.bing.com/...f-ufos/26siansm

Well this is what science has come too: reverse engineering stuff that they don't know anything about. I ask: How can you reverse engineer what you don't have? I like the little animations of the UFO's EM Drive... like they know what's going on in there. Sure, the government might actually have space crafts. But if they let information like this get out, just tell us already. Probably a 2012 spoiler.

#2 Spectre

Spectre

Rampant AI

• Hosted
  • 1,240 posts
  • Projects:Worldbuilding
  •  The Undead

Posted 21 February 2010 - 04:04 AM

Well, you have to start somewhere.

#3 Florisz

Florisz

The Young Reindeer

• Project Team
  • 2,322 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 09:59 AM

Bet the Dutch goverment hasn't got them.
Posted Image

#4 Allathar

Allathar

これを翻訳する

• Project Team
  • 2,752 posts
  • Projects:RJ-RotWK
  •  Greedy capitalist and cynical bastard.

Posted 21 February 2010 - 12:26 PM

Otherwise they would've used them in Uruzgan, I bet.
It has been reported that some victims of rape, during the act, would retreat into a fantasy world from which they could not WAKE UP. In this catatonic state, the victim lived in a world just like their normal one, except they weren't being raped. The only way that they realized they needed to WAKE UP was a note they found in their fantasy world. It would tell them about their condition, and tell them to WAKE UP. Even then, it would often take months until they were ready to discard their fantasy world and PLEASE WAKE UP

#5 duke_Qa

duke_Qa

I've had this avatar since... 2003?

• Network Staff
  • 3,837 posts
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Artist

Posted 21 February 2010 - 03:23 PM

What the hell, that's just a small snippet about how you with sufficient power in theory can use electromagnetism to drive a spacecraft. Anything can be done with sufficient power ;)

"I give you private information on corporations for free and I'm a villain. Mark Zuckerberg gives your private information to corporations for money and he's 'Man of the Year.'" - Assange

#6 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  •  I Help

Posted 21 February 2010 - 07:03 PM

According to Hans Whack-Job in the video, EM Technology it must be alien technology.

#7 duke_Qa

duke_Qa

• Network Staff
  • 3,837 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 11:07 AM

The way I heard it was that human civilization doesn't have access to that sort of technology yet. beyond our dreams :sleep:

Edited by duke_Qa, 22 February 2010 - 11:07 AM.

"I give you private information on corporations for free and I'm a villain. Mark Zuckerberg gives your private information to corporations for money and he's 'Man of the Year.'" - Assange

#8 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  •  I Help

Posted 22 February 2010 - 02:41 PM

Yea. They go through this whole video with the basis saying, "We can use massive amounts of energy to propel across space." And at the end of the video John Van-Whack-Job admits, "We don't have a system that can make this much power." Then what good are you? He better not be getting paid very much.

#9 duke_Qa

duke_Qa

• Network Staff
  • 3,837 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 07:57 PM

It's science wank, bad discovery news telling you nothing new beyond theoretical what-ifs. The scientists are merely being used to create trash for the (below) average sci-fi joe to nerdgasm.

#10 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  •  I Help

Posted 22 February 2010 - 09:00 PM

They probably aren't even real scientists...

#11 Bart

Bart

• Network Admins
  • 8,524 posts
  • Job:Network Leader

Posted 22 February 2010 - 09:10 PM

What's a real scientist? To do science is to be a scientist :p
bartvh | Join me, make your signature small!
Einstein: "We can’t solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

#12 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  •  I Help

Posted 23 February 2010 - 12:55 AM

Fine, I'll rephrase: They probably haven't even done science.

Posted Image
Look at dumb-dumb's board... He's got a scaleless layout of that stupid thing with a 60 degree ark on a straight line... and look at his super smarty hypothesis. Wow... electric power emitted? Power supply massive?! (His good writing sort of died at the end of that word there) You're a genius you retarded piece of crap... go back to Russia and comb your hair.

Edited by {IP}Pasidon, 23 February 2010 - 12:57 AM.

#13 Vortigern

Vortigern

Sumquhat quisquis.

• Division Leaders
  • 4,654 posts
  • Projects:Workin'...
  •  ...like a workin' man do.
  • Division:Role-Playing Games
  • Job:Division Leader

Posted 23 February 2010 - 08:49 AM

I'd have to side with Pasi. There is no actual science given, merely a theory. The object of science is to come up with a rational and usable explanation of how something is done, not to say "I have a wild theory but cannot substantiate it with evidence." That's either religion or quantum physics, and this is meant to be neither of those.
I hope I am a good enough writer that some day dwarves kill me and drink my blood for wisdom.

#14 Puppeteer

Puppeteer

title available

• Global Moderators
  • 2,947 posts
  •  Faute de Mieux
  • Job:Magazine Staff/Global Moderator

Posted 23 February 2010 - 05:19 PM

Pasidon, from that picture I'm pretty sure it's "limited" and "mass" (plus something obscured) rather than "emitted" and "massive". That would make more sense. Having not watched it, though, I wouldn't know.

#15 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  •  I Help

Posted 23 February 2010 - 10:03 PM

Neh... whatever Whack-VanJacktard wrote on his little board, he's clearly trying to look smart. It's like he lives in a air-base with his little chalkboard... he must be the Air Force's physics weasel they pull out of the cave and tell him to act smart.

#16 Allied General

Allied General

C&C Guild

• Hosted
  • 6,922 posts
  • Projects:AGSA
  •  Modder

Posted 26 February 2010 - 01:36 AM

Isn't this just like giant magnets?

Like how levitation might be possible in future
Posted Image

#17 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  •  I Help

Posted 26 February 2010 - 07:39 AM

Heh... Leviathan is here. There would be no doubt in me about it.

But it would be a magnet or sorts. Though this video is based on dumb people thinking dumb things, it is based off technology we already know of, though we have went too far in another direction of technology to achieve this. Technology is not a straight line; there are many ways to get to an end. But taking one path may make another harder to get to. We are currently using chemical / mechanical energy to power everything on this world when we had the option to use kinetic / static energy; Electromagnetic Technology... the opposite of our current technology. EM technology cannot be put into production since it disrupts our current technology. It is harder to advance in it when it cannot be used in massive scales for legal and logical reasons. This EM Drive the video refers to is explainable: It is a metallic sphere that is simply the gear. When it turns, it produces energy. Firstly, a massive build up of EM energy must have enough Newtons to turn the orb. With a massive burst of the energy with the proper housing, the EM energy will build up kinetic energy and turn the orb. If enough Newtons is produced, the kinetic energy the core stores can propel ships. But I see it more fit to replace power plants in the future. Advantages: good for atmospheric environments - can self-regenerate lost energy - creates a wireless network that can give power to EM technologies in it's range - more efficient in every way compared to our current power. Many more, as it is a vastly interesting science.

#18 Vortigern

Vortigern

Sumquhat quisquis.

• Division Leaders
  • 4,654 posts
  • Projects:Workin'...
  •  ...like a workin' man do.
  • Division:Role-Playing Games
  • Job:Division Leader

Posted 26 February 2010 - 11:45 AM

If only people had listened to Nikola Tesla when he was alive, we might already have spaceships. Dude was the all-time champion of mad scientists.
I hope I am a good enough writer that some day dwarves kill me and drink my blood for wisdom.

#19 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  •  I Help

Posted 26 February 2010 - 04:00 PM

Yes. One man used EM Technology and he was seen as a terrorist. It goes to show how much more advanced he was than the ordinary man.

#20 partyzanPaulZy

partyzanPaulZy

"quarawr!"

• Members
  • 576 posts
  • Projects:Corruption Of Power - YR mod
  •  doing my mod alone till 1st release (then will see)

Posted 26 February 2010 - 08:48 PM

Tesla stood against corporations and lost his fight, however some of his ideas came into life - AC, Tesla turbine, Tesla coil, wireless electricity transfer (in 50 years), maybe even HAARP with equivalents,... His research also included things from robotics, remote control, radar, computer science, to the expansion of ballistics, nuclear physics, and theoretical physics.
His inventions could be compared to those of Leonardo da Vinci: mechanical knight dummy, wooden tank, fully working parachute, diver armour... Although these were longly forgotten and reinvented by someone else, Tesla's unused inventions probably ended in saves of hungry vultures who stopped his research, his dreams turned into dust.
Consecvences of this obscurantism are terrible - poluted air, exploation of our (dying) planet, 88% of energy comes from fossil fuels (instead of atom, Sun or some mysterious sources Tesla was thinking about), today electromobiles are primitive...

If Tesla found something what could be used to create unconventional space ship, governments would consider it too scary to present in public.

If scientists got extraterrestrial space ship into their hands, they would get new source of usefull applicable knowledge.
For example: there would be some weird alloy from ET wreck -> chemical analysis -> physical analysis -> ... -> reproduction of this alloy -> new planes from this light, durable, hard, strong material
Piece by piece with natural science progress we (mankind) would be able to create space ships like that wreck earlier than without that wreck.

Also don't forget people have been using fire for hundreds of thousand years without knowing how fire works, concrete was used for 2000 years without knowing what happens inside during hardening, ordinary man doesn't know much about CPU, but despite that he uses computer, technician sees black box, doesn't care about "intestines", just about input-output, monkey see - monkey do.

Edited by partyzanPaulZy, 26 February 2010 - 08:50 PM.

Posted Image
"Soviet Union was a superpower and each superpower needs at least 1 war at 5 years to keep army in a good condition." ... my grandpa. USA create wars more frequently.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users