Photo

Which of these old RA units do you like best?

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

Poll: A Long Poll.

Which unit would you like to see most in Gondor?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Which unit would you like to see most in Rohan?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Which unit would you like to see most in Mordor?

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Nertea

Nertea

...lo sa raptor!

• Hosted
  • 3,349 posts
  • Projects:Star Villains and Space heroes, The Dwarf Holds
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:BFME/Unity

Posted 22 February 2010 - 08:33 PM

Might as well get a feel for this... note this does not mean that these units are getting put in TDH anytime soon.

sig.png
I really don't do requests and my Arnor Soldier is not fit for BFME. Don't ask me for either.

#2 m@tt

m@tt

#######

• Project Team
  • 4,056 posts
  • Projects:The Dwarf Holds
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 22 February 2010 - 10:29 PM

No Isengard choices? Grima, Sharku, Ugluk, Orc Rabble, Uruk Scouts? :p
Posted Image

#3 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 22 February 2010 - 10:55 PM

Gondor:
I can't believe I acctually chose this, but Denethor. :p
He'd really make a unique support hero unlike any other hero in the mod!
Guards, Knights and Rangers are duplicates, some slightly better than their other. A waste. Beregond's kind of a Faramir duplicate, atleast if he's got sword and bow, and Imrahil is boring without his knigts. Captains is Dwarven turf :p

Rohan:
Royal Guards, simply because they are awesome, and they could give Rohan a nice addition to simply Cavalry and Cavalry Archers, being a cavalry nation and all. Unless you'd want them to be foot troops, then it'd conflict a bit with the Elves... Which I just thought of, and that might put my Royal Guard vote off a bit... crap ;) But they already have enough heroes.. Marshals... nah

Mordor:
No doubt here; Mollock. Kick ass troll hero is exactly what Mordor needs! ;)
Another Nazgul isn't cool, Mouth of Sauron isn't really a fighter, or support hero in my eyes.. Orcs of Morgul are orcs, Castellans and Knigts aren't fitting to the current all-out orc horde, and the rest of the heroes aren't noteworthy... Possibly the uruk with Mordor Uruks... Still vote heavily on Mollock though ;)

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#4 Spartan184

Spartan184

:)

• Project Team
  • 1,592 posts
  • Projects:Random Modding Projects
  •  Coder, Map.ini Coder, Mapper, and Beta Tester

Posted 22 February 2010 - 11:14 PM

Gondor: Captains of Gondor
Mordor: Morgul knights
Rohan: Marshals of Rohan
Why did I pick those cause I want to see some new kinds of units instead of the same old heroes/units every mod has.
Edit: Dammit I accidently picked Royal instead of Marshals of Rohan.

Edited by Spartan184, 22 February 2010 - 11:16 PM.

safsignature.png

#5 Taralom

Taralom

Self-proclaimed A**hole

• Project Team
  • 1,519 posts
  • Projects:Turned to Writing
  •  I R GOOGL'd

Posted 22 February 2010 - 11:20 PM

I see Gondor as a infantry based faction, with some cavalry support. That's why I chose the Captains of Gondor for them.

Rohan lacks a good spearman that is actually human. I hope the royal guardsman fixes this and if not, the elves will do :p I do not recall any royal guardsman sneak peak, so I don't care if i'm wrong about them :p

I picked the Castellan for Mordor, since I remember them vaguely. I do know that I found them awesome back then!
If the above post offended you in any way,
please take note that, until further notice, I don't care, so get lost.

#6 Clement

Clement

title available

• Network Staff
  • 1,442 posts
  • Projects:Various
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Developer

Posted 23 February 2010 - 10:33 AM

I'm for one elite unit added to every faction:

Gondor: citadel guard
Rohan: Royal Guardsmen
Mordor: Orc of Morgul
Posted Image

#7 Námo

Námo

• Project Team
  • 1,291 posts
  • Projects:Middle-earth Lore, Cartography & Linguistics

Posted 23 February 2010 - 10:36 AM

On the Nazgûl ... it sure would be beautiful to see those on foot, and mounting horses as black riders [keeping the flyboys as a summon only] - Just my general opinion, don't know if that was in the old RA :p

... elen síla lúmenn´ ómentielvo ...
... a star shines on the hour of our meeting ...
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#8 Eldarion

Eldarion

Global nomad

• Project Team
  • 407 posts
  • Projects:MME, this and that
  •  Skinner, modeler, and coder

Posted 23 February 2010 - 03:54 PM

For Gondor, I voted for Imrahil, because he's cool and I think Gondor needs the extra hero. His knights would be my second choice, of course.

For Rohan, the Royal Guardsmen, because, as Lauri said, they are simply awesome. They just look too amazing not to put in. I don't really have a second choice - maybe Erkenbrand, though Rohan's not exactly lacking in the hero department.

For Mordor, I voted for the Morgul Knights, because they are cool, and because they give Mordor more diversity in the form of heavy cavalry. Mollock was a very close second choice, and the Castellans would have been my third pick.
Posted Image

#9 man_of_gondor

man_of_gondor
  • Members
  • 219 posts
  • Projects:BFA - Beta Tester, helping people installing mods.

Posted 23 February 2010 - 04:41 PM

Gondor: citadel guards of course :p
Rohan: Royal guardsman because they are awesome
Mordor: orcs of morgul because mordor needs more orcs

MoG

#10 Radspakr Wolfbane

Radspakr Wolfbane

The John Farnham of modding

• Members
  • 7,722 posts
  • Projects:Comeback tour
  •  The Retired Beard

Posted 23 February 2010 - 04:46 PM

KODA,Erkenbrand (how could I not it's my old user name) and Mollock.

Break dancing into the hearts of millions

#11 Námo

Námo

• Project Team
  • 1,291 posts
  • Projects:Middle-earth Lore, Cartography & Linguistics

Posted 23 February 2010 - 06:19 PM

... who is Mollock? ... from where does this name come?? :p

... elen síla lúmenn´ ómentielvo ...
... a star shines on the hour of our meeting ...
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#12 Baki

Baki

title available

• Project Team
  • 357 posts
  • Projects:TDH AI

Posted 23 February 2010 - 06:30 PM

Gondor: Knights of Dol Amroth; Citadel Guard would be my 2nd choice though, hard to decide.
Rohan: Royal Guards; Rohan needs elite cavalry and infantry
Mordor: Morgul Orcs; Mordor needs more Orcs and those Morgul Orcs I remember were amazing :p
Posted Image

#13 m@tt

m@tt

#######

• Project Team
  • 4,056 posts
  • Projects:The Dwarf Holds
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 23 February 2010 - 06:33 PM

... who is Mollock? ... from where does this name come?? :p

Mollock is the troll Aragorn fights at the Black Gate. The name was thought of by someone in the RA team (and has since been used by others mods).
Posted Image

#14 Lord of Mordor

Lord of Mordor

Master of the One Ring

• Project Team
  • 170 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 10:55 PM

I'd like to see Knights of Dol Amroth and Imrahil in a summon for Gondor. I wouldn't make them recruitable, though, as Gondor's emphasis shouldn't be on cavalry.

For Rohan, I vote for Royal Guard, simply because they're such an iconic and badass unit. Gamling, Erkenbrand and Hama would just add more earlygame cavalry heroes, something Rohan already has plenty of.

With Mordor, it's difficult to choose because that's where EA left out the greatest amount of iconic characters. Black Riders, Mouth of Sauron and to a lesser extent Gothmog and Mollock are all vital to the Mordor feeling in my opinion. The other factions all have their most well-known heroes already, but Mordor is very limited in this regard. Castellans and Morgul Knights aren't really necessary for gameplay, but damn, the models in the old RA gallery were fantastic... in the end, if I have to choose one, I'd go with the Mouth of Sauron. At least the Nazgûl are already represented ingame, albeit not in their rider form, and Gothmog and Mollock are not nearly as important to the Dark Lord as the Mouth is.

Edited by Lord of Mordor, 25 February 2010 - 06:41 PM.

Build me an army worthy of Mordor!

HobbitBann5501.png

#15 Bart

Bart

• Network Admins
  • 8,524 posts
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Network Leader

Posted 23 February 2010 - 11:29 PM

Imrahil; With Knight leadership of course :p
bartvh | Join me, make your signature small!
Einstein: "We can’t solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

#16 Yarrum

Yarrum

Kahuna

• Project Team
  • 461 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 11:35 PM

Lord of Mordor, I completely agree with you regarding what EA did with Mordor. I cast my vote for the Mouth of Sauron, simply because TEA already has Gothmog, and I'd rather see a different mid-game Mordor hero. I don't know of any onther mods that added Khamul the Easterling though, he'd definitely be cool to see. More Nazgul than that would likely be unbalanced without the minifaction system though. I voted for Denethor for Gondor and Royal Guards for Rohan for the same reasons that Lauri said. It wouldn't hurt to add in either Gamling or Hama though...

Anyways, regarding Isengard, I'm assuming the reason you guys didn't have a poll for them is that we only ever saw three new units for Isengard (Scouts, Grima Wormtongue and Uruk Engineers in the screen-shot gallery), plus the reskin of Lurtz. I can only assume that there were plans to add Ugluk as well: If I had to choose which one to add from there, I'd say Wormtongue.

Edited by Yarrum, 23 February 2010 - 11:37 PM.

KotW%20Left%20Morgul%20Banner.jpg
KotW Beta Tester
frodo_sam.jpg

#17 Nertea

Nertea

...lo sa raptor!

• Hosted
  • 3,349 posts
  • Projects:Star Villains and Space heroes, The Dwarf Holds
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:BFME/Unity

Posted 23 February 2010 - 11:50 PM

Anything I may want to do with Isengard has already been decided.

(That and the poll only let me have 3 questions :p)

sig.png
I really don't do requests and my Arnor Soldier is not fit for BFME. Don't ask me for either.

#18 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,838 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 24 February 2010 - 12:14 AM

Captains. Seems to me Gondor has always been led by great captains.
Royal. Kinda personifies Rohan.
Morgul. Always wanted more/stronger orcs.

elvenlordbanner.jpg

#19 MadSorcerer

MadSorcerer
  • Project Team
  • 48 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 01:00 AM

My choices were:
-Knights of Dol Amroth
-Royal Guardsmen
-Morgul Knights

It would be nice to see the Southern Fiefdoms represented somewhat in the mod and it would also be good for Rohan to get some more elite units, especially if Royal Guardsmen can be bought as infantry as well as cavalry. As for Mordor though, it would be nice to see the more sinister, corrupting side of Sauron's power represented and I think it would be handy to have some sort of cavalry.

I would have voted for Castellans (because they look awesome), but I'm not sure how they function. If they're (more) elite infantry then that niche is already taken up by Black Uruks and Soldiers of Rhûn and, conversely, if they function like Trolls, well we already have Trolls. I guess it would come down to their special abilities.

Edited by MadSorcerer, 24 February 2010 - 01:02 AM.

#20 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  • Projects:It'sa secreeet
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Expert
  • Donated

Posted 24 February 2010 - 02:45 AM

I chose:

Citadel Guards. Gondor already (In my eyes) has its leading Captains. And the citadel guards were iconic as well as elite. And with the addition of other elite units to the other factions, they seem to be a good fit.

Royal Guards. Self explanatory. They are THE iconic unit of Rohan. Along with the Rohirrim of course.

Mouth of Sauron. As has been said, It's a hero that has a lot of potential to be unique in his powers, but is still very iconic of the true evil of Mordor, and still maintains movie accuracy which I love.

So in short, I voted for units that had significance to each faction, were in the movies, and would balance each other out.

Offtopic/random. Why does the forum say "movie" is misspelled? :p

https://www.twitch.tv/vileartist - Yes shameless self-promotion

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Old modders never die, they just fade away" ~ Hostile

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users