Medieval II Mod Third Age Total War

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#1 King Kong

King Kong
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 11:39 AM

Context: The following was posted in the topic about the BFME 3 project. It was split away because two discussions emerged in the same topic.

--------------------------------------------

Hi guys,

I'm the main developer of the Medieval II mod 'Third Age - Total War'.

If your only "3d modeller and texturer" and "co-leader" is Shved, you have really a big problem. "His" Gondorian warrior is 100% stolen from me (if someone wishes, I can easily prove that with PS and MS files). Just compare the picture on the first page with my preview here:
http://www.twcenter........60&page=116

I request this team to delete this picture and make clear that this is not Shved's model and texture, I have enough of his masquerading.
He once was team-leader of TATW, but he did literally nothing, I doubt that he can even do any own models and textures.

If the team here acts reasonable and fair, I may even help you with providing models and textures, but if you still use stolen work without permission, I will have to contact the admins of this forum.

Regards

Edited by Bart, 23 February 2010 - 12:09 PM.

#2 man_of_gondor

man_of_gondor
  • Members
  • 219 posts
  • Projects:BFA - Beta Tester, helping people installing mods.

Posted 22 February 2010 - 12:35 PM

why must people always steal from eachother :sleep: Is it so hard to ask permission

#3 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 22 February 2010 - 12:57 PM

Hi guys,

If your only "3d modeller and texturer" and "co-leader" is Shved, you have really a big problem. "His" Gondorian warrior is 100% stolen from me (if someone wishes, I can easily prove that with PS and MS files). Just compare the picture on the first page with my preview here:

I request this team to delete this picture and make clear that this is not Shved's model and texture, I have enough of his masquerading.
He once was team-leader of TATW, but he did literally nothing, I doubt that he can even do any own models and textures.

If the team here acts reasonable and fair, I may even help you with providing models and textures, but if you still use stolen work without permission, I will have to contact the admins of this forum.

Regards

Kettle, pot, black, hypocrite, your team stole BFME2 textures and sounds but that was covered up in your forums. My oh my, sucks to be stolen from eh.

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#4 M.Ruud

M.Ruud
  • Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 01:08 PM

Hi guys,

Regards

Oh.Sorry!It's...It's....F*ck...ok.i'll delete this model and pick.
Really sorry to hear this.
I think that was his model...
King Kong i must appologised for this!

Posted Image

#5 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  • Projects:It'sa secreeet
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Expert
  • Donated

Posted 22 February 2010 - 01:14 PM

Hi guys,

Regards

You have zero right to even think for a second you can come here into this forum of all places. The forum that is devoted to modding the game that you/your team stole dozens of assets from. And even worse as Matias has said. Your team/your forums denied and covered it up. Virtually not caring simply because the mod was popular. So in nice words, STFU and deal with it. It's not right for them to steal, and we will deal with it. But you are not welcome here and we do not sympathize for your loss.

https://www.twitch.tv/vileartist - Yes shameless self-promotion

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Old modders never die, they just fade away" ~ Hostile

#6 man_of_gondor

man_of_gondor
  • Members
  • 219 posts
  • Projects:BFA - Beta Tester, helping people installing mods.

Posted 22 February 2010 - 01:16 PM

I agree with kwen and matias. you have no right to say such things if youre stealing yourself

#7 King Kong

King Kong
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 01:29 PM

@Kwen and Matias,

Yes, the guys that stole BFME audios and textures were again Shved and his comrade SHREDDER, both from the empires.ru forums. I did take over TATW much later and rescued it with scrificing my f***ing free-time and I did not steal one single texture.

And even more important: I have never claimed credits for things that I have not done, in contrary to your "modeller" Shved who claims to have made this unit!
Don't you think that this makes a big difference? Stealing other people's work and claiming that it would be his own is really the worst thing a modder can do.

Normally I am a very fair and kind person, I even offered this team here to provide them with textures and models and all I get is your redicilous answers.
Bye and thanks for all the fish.

@M. Ruud
Thanks for your understatement and my offer still stands.

Edited by King Kong, 22 February 2010 - 01:31 PM.

#8 M.Ruud

M.Ruud
  • Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 01:30 PM

Stop this discussion,pls.I have sent a message to King Kong and we'll solve this problem together.

Posted Image

#9 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 01:33 PM

@Kwen and Matias,

Yes, the guys that stole BFME audios and textures were again Shved and his comrade SHREDDER, both from the empires.ru forums. I did take over TATW much later and rescued it with scrificing my f***ing free-time and I did not steal one single texture.

And even more important: I have never claimed credits for things that I have not done, in contrary to your "modeller" Shved who claims to have made this unit!
Don't you think that this makes a big difference? Stealing other people's work and claiming that it would be his own is really the worst thing a modder can do.

Normally I am a very fair and kind person, I even offered this team here to provide them with textures and models and all I get is your redicilous answers.
Bye and thanks for all the fish.

@M. Ruud
Thanks for your understatement and my offer still stands.

I'm not on the BFME3 team, so Shved is not ''my'' modeler. I'm posting to confront you on this issue as it is blatantly ignored at your own forum. I assume then that you will remove the parts of your textures that are obviously made by EA, and get your own sounds as well?

Note: ''Your'' textures means the ones in your mod, not done by you. And I do not condone stealing of any kind, so naturally I am completely in favor of removing Shved's models from BFME3.

Edited by Matias, 22 February 2010 - 01:42 PM.

#10 King Kong

King Kong
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 01:43 PM

Did you actually read my post? If yes, than you havn't understood.

What do you mean with "blatantly ignored"??? If someone asks where the sounds come from, you will get the answer that there are also sounds from BFME2.
You can also just look in the credit list, EA is also listed there.

If your attitude is that someone can steal models and textures and then claiming that this would be his own work, you have a really strange view of things.
At least the people of our team are honest.

I won't comment on this anymore, people like you can only harm both mods.

EDIT: have seen you edited your post, so I probably can't assume that you support selling other people's work under the own name.
But again, you don't seem to have really read what I wrote: I said I could provide the team with models, so no need to remove the unit as long as the name of the real creator is mentioned.

Edited by King Kong, 22 February 2010 - 01:48 PM.

#11 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 01:45 PM

And did you get EA's permission? For both the sounds and the textures?

And I do not claim anybody can steal anything. Au contraire.

#12 M.Ruud

M.Ruud
  • Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 01:50 PM

Do you hear me?Stop this sh*t pls!
King Kong is right and i have deleted the pic.If you have some thing to each other-sent PM.That's all.

2 King Kong,pls answer my message on twcenter.net

2 administration:pls,delete all offtopic

Edited by M.Ruud, 22 February 2010 - 01:51 PM.

Posted Image

#13 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 01:52 PM

I'm sorry Ruud, but this is a discussion that should take place publically.

#14 Bart

Bart

• Network Admins
  • 8,524 posts
  • Job:Network Leader

Posted 22 February 2010 - 02:06 PM

2 administration:pls,delete all offtopic

We don't do that stuff
bartvh | Join me, make your signature small!
Einstein: "We can’t solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

#15 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Donated

Posted 22 February 2010 - 02:31 PM

@King Kong

How long have you been aware of these stolen assets in the mod? Because the latest version I downloaded which was only about a month ago still contained all of them. I was rather sickening when I was playing as Isengard, and all I can hear is BFME sounds.

And what he means by blatantly ignored, is we brought this to attention on your guys' forums. And the most of a response we got was either a) Denial. or b) (paraphrase) "we don't care because the mod is popular and you're outnumbered"

Edited by Kwen, 22 February 2010 - 02:32 PM.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#16 Florisz

Florisz

The Young Reindeer

• Project Team
  • 2,322 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 05:49 PM

And he didn't even take the awesome ones out of the game...
Posted Image

#17 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Donated

Posted 22 February 2010 - 06:37 PM

I would just like to say Rudd, that I am not in any way targeting you, or your project. Only King Kong for his hypocritical concern.

#18 Taralom

Taralom

Self-proclaimed A**hole

• Project Team
  • 1,519 posts
  • Projects:Turned to Writing
  •  I R GOOGL'd

Posted 22 February 2010 - 06:44 PM

And I just wish to point out that M.Ruud behaved appropriately by removing the work in question when King Kong stated that the models were stolen. So kudo's to you, Ruud :p
If the above post offended you in any way,
please take note that, until further notice, I don't care, so get lost.

#19 King Kong

King Kong
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 07:17 PM

@Kwen
what you say is just not true. If someone asked about sounds or other things and a team-member of us gave an answer, it was surely honest.
Though I won't respond anyway, I'm sure you can't convince me to the contrary, because ther is no discussion that would prove your allegation.

and regarding my "hypocritical concern":
I AM totally honest and never denied that we would have some EA sounds and textures.
Is it so hard for you to understand that I dislike seeing my work posted here and someone else claims it would be his? THIS is hypocritical!

Did I want to target this project?
NO I did not, all I want is honesty and that the name of the real creator is mentioned. That's all.
If the unit would have been posted here and someone would have mentioned "this is a unit from TATW" I wouldn't have even said one word.

EA get their credits and have earned their millions, I do this all for nothing and I don't even get a tiny credit if someone uses my stuff. Not even a tiny thanks from someone that I offered my units to this team.
In the opposite: everyone says "TATW has "stolen" something from the 'oh so poor EA' (at least we gave credits, remember?), so let's take TATW units and let us claim them to be ours".
How hypocritic is that? I really can't believe it...

This discussion and some guys here make me really sick, I gave ruud the permission to use all the models they want (if they at least mention where they got them from) and I will never post in this forum again.

I also hope you will never touch TATW again, it really pisses me off to sacrifice my free time for nothing for such unthankful persons like you.

For whatever reasons I'm not welcome here anyway, so good bye to you all.

Edited by King Kong, 22 February 2010 - 07:31 PM.

#20 M.Ruud

M.Ruud
  • Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 07:26 PM

Not again...pls =(

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users