#1 duke_Qa

duke_Qa

I've had this avatar since... 2003?

• Network Staff
  • 3,837 posts
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Artist

Posted 01 March 2010 - 09:20 PM

Just a quick list of the enemies we've thought out as of yet. The basis on these enemies are not historically accurate, but we've imagined a sort of evil Saxon despot has occupied a part of britain, and Grymleif, our "hero", has been hired to get him out of business.

Work in progress, and it might turn into too much work so we don't know if this is the final list :)

Serf
- a lowly slave more or less, thin and relatively frail, but will probably come in great numbers and might do unexpected things, like suicide attack or throwing his weapon at you before he runs.
  • A small board, bonus if it has a nail
  • A door used as a shield, plus a rock or two to throw.
Guard/ Huscarl / House Guard - your basic grunt soldier, padded leather and patches of armor, and some proper weapons, a proper enemy that can get in the way, but dumb and predictable.
  • Mace and buckler (allrounder)
  • Two-handed sword (offensive, big movements and slow attacks)
  • TowerShield and small sword(defensive, hard to get through)
Spearman - most likely a subtype of the guard. A guy with a batch of spears that he can throw after you. If cornered will probably use his spear as a melee weapon.
  • thrown spear(acceptable range, quite good damage
  • melee spear (close, not very dangerous, but can be problematic if already wounded)

Woad/Barbarian - A more offensive threat, celtic warrior style, blue paint bare chest and all that jazz. Fast, dangerous but vulnerable. once he takes enough damage will go into a tougher frenzy.
  • dual wielded Axes
  • spiked gauntlets

SteelSoldier
- a big hunk of an armored opponent, probably requires you to bash armor off of him to get to him.
  • huge warhammer of sorts
Rogue - a rat-like bastard with cloaking and a short-range teleportation ability. Once he spots you, he will cloak, blink, close in, then uncloak and stab, rince and repeat.
  • dagger, maybe even two if there is not to be a cloak.
Warlock - a tricksty bastard, can turn serfs into possessed madmen and Women into harpies. Direct attacks probably involves magic missiles and a magic shield for himself
  • scepter of sorts most likely, maybe even a staff
Harpies - a flying opponent, not much detailed beyond being a flyer and owner of female anatomies. Well beyond the head and back being more bird-like and the front chest and stomach area being human.
  • Claws and more claws
BigBad - the Saxo despot. No clue how he looks, but I'm thinking patriarch from discworld like.

• unknown, he will probably just order others around, some fancy thin longsword perhaps.

Edited by duke_Qa, 01 March 2010 - 09:29 PM.

"I give you private information on corporations for free and I'm a villain. Mark Zuckerberg gives your private information to corporations for money and he's 'Man of the Year.'" - Assange

#2 Boomerang Python

Boomerang Python

Only War Mod Leader

• Hosted
  • 2,370 posts
  • Projects:Only War, Only War 2
  •  Colonel-Commissar

Posted 03 March 2010 - 12:31 PM

Palace Guards? Like regular guards with some golden shoulder pads and a helmet?
My DeviantArt - Check it out.
Posted Image
My Wii code: 6472 3114 4930 8707

"Om du kan stå, när alla andra sviktar
och sen klandras du för att just du står rak
Om du kan tro på ditt när andra riktar
sitt välbekanta tvivel mot din sak

Om var minut av nitti sen kan fyllas
med verk av dig som giltigt räknats ner
min vän, som jordens konung ska du hyllas
men du är också man, och det är mer."

#3 duke_Qa

duke_Qa

I've had this avatar since... 2003?

• Network Staff
  • 3,837 posts
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Artist

Posted 08 March 2010 - 09:45 PM

That works. Will probably have plenty of color differences on these things to get us different opponents.

"I give you private information on corporations for free and I'm a villain. Mark Zuckerberg gives your private information to corporations for money and he's 'Man of the Year.'" - Assange

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users