Changes to USA Superweapon General

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • Projects:Remix Escalation Top Quality Imaginer and Pro Tester. CnC Guild Gossip Whore
  •  Misanthropic Hulking Adonis

Posted 06 March 2010 - 08:30 PM

Content to follow.
Posted Image
CnC Guild - As ancient as time itself.
Do you like anything CnC releated? Then the CnC guild likes you! Go make friends with it.

Latest Remix Escalation on ModDB
Remix Escalation on Revora - Track the latest news and changes.

#2 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts
  • Projects:Remix Beta 1.0

Posted 27 March 2010 - 12:59 PM

I started SupW's final draft today.

Planned changes for SupW general run roughly along these lines..

A new Promotion tree. Carpet bombing, A10, Beacon Bomb and MOAB will stay, but all other powers will be new.

One of these new powers is 4 ranks of "Mobile Defense" This will unlock a mobile 30mm gun battery, patriot tank, Long Arm missile launcher and a mobile Heavy AA platform.

The observant may have noticed the Long Arm under mobile defenses... the Tomahawk site will be replaced with a Long Arm site with some interesting features.

The SDI cannon will become a "hero defense" with a build limit 1. But it will gain a toggle for "Ballistic Overwatch" that transforms it into a anti-nuke system like in Contra.

Today I made the 30mm Gun tank
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#3 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 08:00 PM

[attachment=25505:SupWShield_B.jpg]
[attachment=25506:SupWShield_R.jpg]

SupW General has a new shield generator and shield effect.

The new shield is far more effective than the old style, and very effectively stops pretty much every shell and missile. It can no longer be overwhelmed by hordes of little shots. However they are extremely frail and requires 25 power each. Also, if you loose power the shield drops. It is also vulnerable to beam weapons, lighting tanks, and small projectiles such as chain guns etc.

In one test round a lightning tank shot a base defense at the edge of the shield, and the chain lightning hopped along to shutdown the shield.

on a decorative note, the shield picks up a faint hue from the team color, a nice effect.

Edited by Pendaelose, 30 March 2010 - 08:01 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#4 Soul

Soul

Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 3,781 posts
  • Projects:Sigma Invasion
  •  This person isn't important

Posted 30 March 2010 - 10:21 PM

That looks pretty cool, anything else you'd like to show off?
Posted ImagePosted Image

Soul 2.4

Background process. Has something to do with some activity going on somewhere. Sorting junkmail, I think. No value or interest. Doesn't do much except hog resource.

#5 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 11:07 PM

This is the wrong General's topic, but I've been dying to show off this....
[attachment=25507:AcidZep.jpg]

Also, I reminded Olli about the other 3 generals needing screenshots of all their units.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#6 m3rc1l3ss

m3rc1l3ss
  • Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 12:34 AM

This is the wrong General's topic, but I've been dying to show off this....
[attachment=25507:AcidZep.jpg]

Also, I reminded Olli about the other 3 generals needing screenshots of all their units.

That reminds me of when I decimated the AI with a barrage of 50 parachute drop planes :facepalm:

#7 SpardaSon21

SpardaSon21

title available

• Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 05:47 AM

Killer airships, awesome, now its just like Red Alert.

#8 Thats me!

Thats me!

Title availble

• Members
  • 653 posts
  • Projects:thinking...:p
  •  not Red :(

Posted 31 March 2010 - 06:07 AM

awesome shields!

"Kirov reporting"(or whatever name it will have in remix and then,"reporting")
awesome,and looks pwnage too,for chem gen?

also pend,please don't forget the teeth on it to be more pwnage and (more nosatalagish)

Edited by Thats me!, 31 March 2010 - 06:09 AM.

#9 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 08:51 AM

also pend,please don't forget the teeth on it to be more pwnage and (more nosatalagish)

in the background there is a zeppelin crashing... if you zoom in on it you can see the eyes, the mouth is there too, just hard to see from that angle.

Only the bombers (kirov style) have the face.

I have to give credit though.. the Kirov model I downloaded from either Sliepner's or Deesire... can't remember which. It was someone else's model, I just tweeked it for Chem general. I then made the other zeppelins from it. There are 4 total.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#10 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • Projects:Remix Escalation Top Quality Imaginer and Pro Tester. CnC Guild Gossip Whore
  •  Misanthropic Hulking Adonis

Posted 31 March 2010 - 06:08 PM

I'll get on that ASAP.

There is a lot to show!
Posted Image
CnC Guild - As ancient as time itself.
Do you like anything CnC releated? Then the CnC guild likes you! Go make friends with it.

Latest Remix Escalation on ModDB
Remix Escalation on Revora - Track the latest news and changes.

#11 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 06:53 PM

I modeled the new SupW base defense today. I'll post screenshots once it's coded in game, probably tomorrow.

I've been making good progress when I can work lately, but the last 2 weeks have been really hectic. But it's still moving at a good pace.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#12 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 02:50 PM

[attachment=25584:longbase.jpg]

The Long Arm fire base.

It can upgrade into a support variant that fires 4 times as often but is unable to mark it's own targets. A non-upgraded site has to call the target and a support site can then fire on it.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#13 SpardaSon21

SpardaSon21

title available

• Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 06:57 PM

So the Long Arm uses a similar system to the Patriots then, when one Long Arm has a target lock all nearby Long Arms also have a target lock?

#14 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 07:04 AM

Yes, it's a variation, but the difference is the spotter assigns targets to all the support tubes in a radius around itself in a large radius.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#15 SpardaSon21

SpardaSon21

title available

• Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 05:28 PM

So if a spotter is near some support launchers, the support launchers can target normally?

#16 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 09:09 PM

The support launchers never target for themselves, they will only fire on targets called by a Spotter. When I played it for myself I found that 1 standard for every 3 supports gave a very nice steady barrage of hell down range.

You could go all standards and never have to worry about spotting, but you'd only have a 3rd or less the firepower delivering.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#17 SpardaSon21

SpardaSon21

title available

• Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 10:03 PM

Ah okay, never mind, I mis-phrased the original question, you answered properly, but due to my mis-phrasing I mis-interpreted your response.

So the way I see it is Support launchers cannot target on their own, and require a target to be marked Patriot-style by a Spotter launcher in order to be able to fire, correct?

#18 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 07:39 AM

So the way I see it is Support launchers cannot target on their own, and require a target to be marked Patriot-style by a Spotter launcher in order to be able to fire, correct?

yes
Posted Image
Posted Image

#19 Jester22

Jester22
  • Members
  • 78 posts
  •  That "one guy"

Posted 13 April 2010 - 11:18 PM

So a build limit of one SDI cannon that can kill other super weapons? So is the Longarm basically taking its' place as the "badass" standard base defense?
Ugh, why can't you just DIE? Seriously.

#20 m3rc1l3ss

m3rc1l3ss
  • Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 03:05 AM

I would like to see the SDI cannon take on a quad MIRV launch ^^

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users