Changes to USA Robot General

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#1 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • Projects:Remix Escalation Top Quality Imaginer and Pro Tester. CnC Guild Gossip Whore
  •  Misanthropic Hulking Adonis

Posted 06 March 2010 - 08:37 PM

Content to follow.
Posted Image
CnC Guild - As ancient as time itself.
Do you like anything CnC releated? Then the CnC guild likes you! Go make friends with it.

Latest Remix Escalation on ModDB
Remix Escalation on Revora - Track the latest news and changes.

#2 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts
  • Projects:Remix Beta 1.0

Posted 06 May 2010 - 07:52 AM

Today I'm starting the overhaul on Robot General.

Robot is getting one of the most extensive overhauls and will be essentially split into two separate generals. At the beginning of the match (before you are even allowed to build a barracks or power plant) you will have to choose your focus.

Miniaturized Design:
This tree will focus on advanced drones, drone carriers, high mobility, and swarm units.

Macro Engineering:
This tree will focus on Heavy Mechs and heavy frontal assaults.

Several new units and defenses are planned for each focus.
Robot General is also getting a new Promotion tree with some powers being restricted to certain focuses.

It's worth a note that Robot will be getting allot of new units, defenses, and powers, but he's not going to have access to all of them at the same time. Also, many of the units he currently has will be restricted to a single tech tree or require a general's point. The end result will be more flexible, but not more powerful.

You'll be able to have a Fafnir, or Drone Swarm Launching Artillery... but not both at the same time.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#3 MasterZH

MasterZH
  • Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 02:29 PM

I can't wait for released. :grin:

#4 m3rc1l3ss

m3rc1l3ss
  • Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 11:41 PM

Wow, this sounds awesome...

#5 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 02:01 PM

Check out the video. The finished harvester is in game for the Macro Engineering Tree.

Edited by Pendaelose, 06 June 2010 - 02:11 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#6 Madin

Madin

title available

• Hosted
  • 686 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 04:43 PM

Heh! nice!, shame so much of the video was wasted on the build up!

#7 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 05:42 PM

actually, one of the things the video is intended to show off is that you can see the harvester being built on the pad. the video itself is very old and was first made to show off in the staff section how I'd gotten the building to show the mech as it built. The model was then lost for a while after a system reload and then the mod was passed to Rosco for about a year. I've only just now re-coded it to get it back in game, and added a new death animation.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#8 m3rc1l3ss

m3rc1l3ss
  • Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 06:34 PM

The leg motion on it was great how it took the slow deliberate steps. It really puts forward how large of a unit it is.

#9 SpardaSon21

SpardaSon21

title available

• Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 08:59 PM

I liked that build animation; it reminded me a lot of TA/SupCom. Will we be seeing more of that for Robot General?

Oh, and if the harvester for Macro Engineering is that cool walker, what does Micro Engineering get, a small flying drone?

#10 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 11:12 PM

You will indeed be seeing more of it for Robot General... very soon even.

This is *almost* done. there are some more touches to the skin and some details I'll be modeling on still. Obviously this is the Peek of the tech tree for the Macro Engineering focus. As previously described, there is a build limit of 1.

And to give a sense of scale, here is an early development pic next to a Fafnir.

Just as you have normal super weapons like the Particle Cannon and Scud Storm you have Doomsday weapons like the MIRV and HBomb; this is more of a "Doomsday unit" compared it to more mundane "super units".

It is armed with:

2X HE Long Cannons - Long Range, High Damage. Anti Building
18X Seeker LRMs - Long Range, All target types, 360 Field of Fire
"Tactical" SDI Cannon - Medium Range, Heavy Anti-Armor
8X HE SRMs - Short Range, Anti-Infantry
4X AA Battery - Medium Range, AA and Missile Defense
2X 7.62 "Patronizers" - The final insult... 2 Humvee guns
Posted Image
Posted Image

#11 SpardaSon21

SpardaSon21

title available

• Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 11:57 PM

Nice logo on the front of that. :xcahik_:

#12 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 05:21 PM

The Leonidas Mobile Fortress is pretty much complete. I'll be adding small tweeks, but it's in game and handles the way I like.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#13 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • Projects:Remix Escalation Top Quality Imaginer and Pro Tester. CnC Guild Gossip Whore

Posted 07 June 2010 - 07:33 PM

I think I speak on behalf of every single person who graces this forum when I say;

Pendaelose, that is one of the finest pieces of modding I've ever see. It is totally kick ass. Be proud, be god darn proud of yourself.
Posted Image
Do you like anything CnC releated? Then the CnC guild likes you! Go make friends with it.

#14 MasterZH

MasterZH
  • Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 07:53 PM

:p ^_^

#15 jay-ar

jay-ar
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 06:27 AM

This is really cool unit. I really really like big and powerful units. Another addition to my favorite faction. Thanks you so much Pend for the hard work. For me, this mod is WAYYYYYYYY better than the others. Looking forward to the next release. I hope it would be really really soon.

#16 Guest_Guest_Morbid Jester_*_*

Guest_Guest_Morbid Jester_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 June 2010 - 02:21 AM

Morbid Jester here, can't remember my login, too lazy to get it at the moment. Robot General seems like it is coming along quite nicely. I like how you have to focus a tech tree on him, he did appear quite scattered with his variation in units, this will streamline your theater of operations fantastically. Although I never did think about that until reading the info posted here the past few days! That's why you're the man Pend! Good work staff!

#17 SpardaSon21

SpardaSon21

title available

• Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 02:34 AM

Too bad Robot General doesn't have any units named "Hoplite" or "Spartan". How can I have fun with something called "Leonidas" if it doesn't have its personal bodyguard of 300 badasses?

#18 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 06:19 AM

it was a little detail so I wasn't going to announce it, but most of the heavy mechs were going to get new names in the same theme.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#19 Thats me!

Thats me!

Title availble

• Members
  • 653 posts
  • Projects:thinking...:p
  •  not Red :(

Posted 09 June 2010 - 04:31 PM

awesome!
does that *awesome*thingy replace fanfir?

#20 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 04:33 PM

Nope. It's a Doomsday unit. Build limit of one. Only avaliable to the Macro tree, along with the Fanfir.

It is an addition, not a replacement.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users