Pro Gamer in Training

• C&C Guild Staff
  • 399 posts
  • Projects:None ATM
  •  StarCraft 2
  • Division:C&C Guild
  • Job:Division Staff

Posted 12 March 2010 - 10:38 AM

RA2: Total War is a side-story I decided to write into an originally-multiplayer mod in order to give the project more significance and more interest. Naturally, I never expected to put as much effort into the mod and just drop it after a few weeks, but unlike some other projects I knew I was more capable of finishing this just by myself with help from one or two people as opposed to a big mod with a massive staff.

Another reason this project gained more interest is my ability to tie it into my other project, Incursion, as explanations of as to why the Soviets will develop as they do in the mod, and why China won't appear in the mod. That just gives me more motivation to develop the ending of the mod and have a full product instead of something half-baked.

The start of the mod's storyline occurs when a Soviet outpost attempts to communicate with the patrolling Chinese forces. Completely unaware of the Chinese intent, they drop their guard and head towards the ambush to inquire about their presence. As soon as it would be too late for any of the guards to return and warn the USSR, they quickly and quietly eliminate the guards and sneak into the country, disguised as the guards they had dispatched.

After entering the area, the Chinese agents who had been sent in started their acts of sabotage. Communication within the USSR's military was put to a grinding halt, as well as any early-defensive systems in place around the countryside. Research labs, barracks, and war factories were infiltrated to find plans for new weapons and to stop the USSR from appropriately fitting their armies with superior technology. The last plans of infiltration were to disable all small-scale tactical nukes to prevent the hordes of Chinese forces from being decimated and picked off with ease.

After all acts of sabotage had been completed, hostile Chinese forces of all kinds rolled straight into the USSR. The USSR, crippled from this attack and remembering their own invasion of the USA, prepared for a long and bloody war with their own former allies.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users