24 replies to this topic

#1 the_Farseer

the_Farseer
  • Hosted
  • 142 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 07:40 AM

Century Tank

Posted Image
This unit is the descendant of the TIE Mauler. Much more effective vs other vehicles while still good vs infantry. Heavier armor and weapons but slower. Deploys in squads of three. Certified Star Wars cannon :p Here's the Wiki page: http://starwars.wiki...ki/Century_tank
“The evil men do lives after them. The good is oft interred with their bones,”

~Julius Caesar

#2 the_Farseer

the_Farseer
  • Hosted
  • 142 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 07:53 AM

Chiss Clawcraft

Posted Image
This unit is already in the game but this new model is mine (so I don't need permission...which always makes thing easier). This new model also has a normal map, shadowmesh, muzzle flashes, and engine particles...all things that the existing model does not have.

~Julius Caesar

#3 Digz

Digz

title available

• Division Leaders
  • 1,070 posts
  • Projects:Petrolution
  • Division:Petrolution
  • Job:Division Leader

Posted 13 March 2010 - 11:12 AM

Woah, love the new mods! They both look great, and love the idea of the Clawcraft, it looks excellent!

#4 the_Farseer

the_Farseer
  • Hosted
  • 142 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 07:16 PM

Woah, love the new mods! They both look great, and love the idea of the Clawcraft, it looks excellent!

Thanks :p More coming too. Just so you know though, the Clawcraft isn't my idea...it's in Star Wars cannon as well. It's a Chiss ship (Thrawn's race). Maybe you already knew that but that last sentence made it sound otherwise.

~Julius Caesar

#5 the_Farseer

the_Farseer
  • Hosted
  • 142 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 08:57 AM

A bunch of new TIE models up and coming:

Posted Image
TIE Vanguard. Identical to the regular TIE Fighter except that it is shielded and has less firepower to compensate. The TIE Vanguard is also equipped with sensor equipment, allowing the player to use this unit to spy on neighboring systems in Galactic Conquest Mode by moving this unit to the desired system (similar to the way the Bounty Hunter units work except that this can't kill heroes).

Posted Image
TIE Lander. Comes with animations! :p Meant to be used like the Rebel's HTT air transport in ground battles. It's smaller size means a garrison limit of 2 squads, however. The fact that it's a TIE model, however, means that it can do battle in space...something the other transport could not, as it required it's own, erm, transport?

Posted Image
TIE Interdictor. I think this one speaks for itself...

Posted Image
TIE Heavy Bomber. Exactly the same as the TIE Bomber (and the Interdictor, for that matter) but has two torpedo bays.

Just so everyone knows: These units are 100% cannon. They can all be found on the Star Wars wiki.

~Julius Caesar

#6 Mando'a Man

Mando'a Man
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 02:59 AM

Great stuff Farseer! Good to see the Tie Crawler... been a long time since I first saw it in the old Vehicles and Vessels guide :shiftee2: . And what's this 'o' a unit with animations? this mean you're going to work on animations now as well?

#7 the_Farseer

the_Farseer
  • Hosted
  • 142 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 05:13 AM

Great stuff Farseer! Good to see the Tie Crawler... been a long time since I first saw it in the old Vehicles and Vessels guide :shiftee2: . And what's this 'o' a unit with animations? this mean you're going to work on animations now as well?

Thanks :p Yeah, I'm doing animations now. In fact, that's the main reason I've been anxious to get a copy of 3dsMax because I've always thought that EaW's animations were lacking. For example: ONE attack animation for a Jedi unit is just terrible... "Hey, let's just swing the lightsaber exactly the same, every time we attack! Yeah! That's a good idea!" lol

~Julius Caesar

#8 Mando'a Man

Mando'a Man
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 12:48 AM

Lol, yeah. That's great to hear and be sure to take as long as you want for V4. I'll be watching anxiously though. :shiftee2:

#9 the_Farseer

the_Farseer
  • Hosted
  • 142 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 01:10 AM

Lol, yeah. That's great to hear and be sure to take as long as you want for V4. I'll be watching anxiously though. :shiftee2:

I plan on it :p Since v4 will likely be the last version, it MUST be as flawless as possible. I plan to release patches as needed but ideally, I shouldn't need any, right? :p

~Julius Caesar

#10 Mando'a Man

Mando'a Man
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 10:45 PM

by the looks of things so far, your well on your way to the perfection you're looking for.

#11 the_Farseer

the_Farseer
  • Hosted
  • 142 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 08:01 AM

by the looks of things so far, your well on your way to the perfection you're looking for.

Thanks! More to wet your appetite...

Introducing, the new and improved, Victory-class Star Destroyer:

Posted Image
Starting with EvilJedi's ISD model, I have tweaked and added to create this new Victory-class model. There are five turrets that are hidden within each "wing" that will open fire only when the ship is 'deployed'. To help compensate for this huge gain in firepower, the Victory-class ship will move at 40% of it's original speed while deployed. All other weapons shoot 10% faster while deployed. Shields also regenerate slower while deployed. These stats will help to keep the Victory-class as balanced as possible so that it does not overpower other ships of it's class-range but, at the same time, will allow it to take on much bigger ships in one-on-one type scenarios. This ability will also be useful when the Victory is at the center of a fight, using it's hidden firepower to shoot in all directions, helping out the friendly ships around it. Hidden turrets will actually rotate to face their target.

Edited by the_Farseer, 18 March 2010 - 08:02 AM.

~Julius Caesar

#12 Mando'a Man

Mando'a Man
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 11:57 PM

interesting... very interesting. It's like a way to seemlessly meld the vsd's from tie fighter and eaw together... ingenious.

:wub:

#13 the_Farseer

the_Farseer
  • Hosted
  • 142 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 07:07 AM

Posted Image
Not Completely new but still an improvement. The text in the pic says all.

Posted Image
Never got why Petro left out Garm's ship... And yes, I know I misspelled it so no complaining! I never understood their alteration to the Marauder either...so that's normal now, per Wookipedia cannon.

Edited by the_Farseer, 24 March 2010 - 07:11 AM.

~Julius Caesar

#14 vadereclipse

vadereclipse
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 04:08 PM

speaking of canonicity of the marauder, is it going to have turbolasers rather than missiles?

#15 the_Farseer

the_Farseer
  • Hosted
  • 142 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 05:29 PM

speaking of canonicity of the marauder, is it going to have turbolasers rather than missiles?

Yes, it already has them as of version 3 of the mod. Still has them in v4.

~Julius Caesar

#16 the_Farseer

the_Farseer
  • Hosted
  • 142 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 08:04 AM

Posted Image
Technically this isn't an entirely new model...but every animation is new and the Corran Horn model is also new, so I'm posting it here anyway. To the point, this pic is of Corran Horn vs. a Basilisk War Droid. After deliberating for a while, I decided to go ahead and make some drastic changes to the Basilisk and here's what they are:

The Basilisk is now a GROUND based unit. I still wanted it to be able to fly so I just gave it the jetpack ability for that reason (it has animations to go with that). It shoots all the same guns, only now it can also melee attack when close enough. There are three attack animations; two with claws and one where the Basilisk swats its tail at the enemy. You have to see the animations to really appreciate them... The unit is twice as fun to use now simply because it's entertaining to watch it claw through infantry and smaller vehicles :) The armor has been made much tougher though (health buff) as it now moves a bit slower and can be attacked by all unit types.

~Julius Caesar

#17 Vithar-133

Vithar-133

Violent Gandhi

• Project Team
  • 1,975 posts
  • Projects:Existing
  •  It's not your skill, boys. It's your will. Ooh-rah!

Posted 26 March 2010 - 08:22 PM

That's epic. The title for the image just adds to it.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#18 the_Farseer

the_Farseer
  • Hosted
  • 142 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 10:52 PM

That's epic. The title for the image just adds to it.

Haha, thanks! I thought people would like that title. I created the image, not intending to title it but after I looked at it before posting I thought it reminded me of the referenced story (and various paintings).

~Julius Caesar

#19 vadereclipse

vadereclipse
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 09:23 AM

is there perhaps any chance of a video of the basilisk's animations or in action? i just can't for the life of me picture it!

#20 the_Farseer

the_Farseer
  • Hosted
  • 142 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 04:38 PM

is there perhaps any chance of a video of the basilisk's animations or in action? i just can't for the life of me picture it!

No. I would rather spend the time it takes to make a vid, actually working on the mod. I don't have a program to record game footage anyway.

~Julius Caesar

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users