- Extract to the main Phoenix Rising directory.
- Note: Since this is mainly meant as a multiplayer release, install on a completely fresh version of PR, and do not modify the files, else you will get a version mismatch online. If you're getting it for the single player aspects, nevermind that.
- Let me know if you get interface or icon glitches, so I can upload an MTD fix for you.
- Look a bit below to find the Ship Skirmish Pack.
A compilation of a couple different enhancements of PR v1.1, such as the Unofficial PR v1.1 Bug Fixes, Space Colony Scripting, the Land Assault Patch, and something some folk might remember from v1.0, the Icon Mod (Now updated, of course, for v1.1).*
Additional features include:
- The humble beginnings of multiplayer ported Galactic Conquests: Core Worlds and Thrawn Campaign. Based on the Skirmish Tech Level system, there are no scripts, so all ships start out at the final tier.
- Skirmish balance changes: Increased gravity well radii for Golans and Interdictors. Heavy nerf on repair ships. Rebel hero squadrons now have final tier variants, to match the Imperial counterparts. Freighter income nerfed, Mine income buffed. Lando Calrissian with Emancipator added for Rebellion.
- Two maps made by Evilbobthebob: Tatooine Trauma and Sluis Van Spaceworks* (There most likely will be issues with playing on these online. Inherent with FoC, really.)
- Completely custom heroes for the Corporate Sector Authority: Angela Krin, Karrek Flim, Mirkovig Hirken, Auditor-General, Prex, and ExO. Also, the return of Bossk.
- New text entries for the couple heroes missing them!
- Single player should be entirely unhindered! (Let me know if you find an issue though!)
- Some silly little Object duplication errors. Nothing important except clearing up the mod checker.
- Plus: probably more!
- No Smuggler for the CSA in Galactic! Apparently, Smugglers are hardcoded for the Empire and Rebel factions. Thinking of some sort of workaround; in the mean time, the CSA Smuggler is disabled. (Except for Skirmish...AH-whaa...?)
- CSA has a small Land roster! Not sure what I can do about that. I can try to do something eventually, but I figure it's just a weak point of the CSA. In order to alleviate the burden of only being able to use three units, I added the ability to recruit P-series Droidekas and IG-72 Combat Droids.
- Despite the Land Patch, what's up with Land!? I recommend Auto-resolving. Most fights come down to AT-ST spam, in my experience so far. (Narrows tactics down to who has more, and who the defender is.)
- Balance! Not completely achieved for both Skirmish and Galactic. Give feedback and thoughts.
- Multiplayer campaigns are so unpopulated! Sadly, yes. Due to loading/sync issues at campaign start, having all the original starting units causes a 'perpetual load'. In order to load quickly, and grant the player a starting fleet, I had to remove many starting Pirate units and player units. BUT!: These are meant for multiplayer anyway, which means you should be concentrating more on the other player. Pirates are only a hindrance, though, not much at that.
File: Unofficial PR v1.1.2 Ship Skirmish Pack
- Install after the main Unofficial PR v1.1.2 sub-mod.
- Includes several ships across the three Skirmish factions that make a return from EaW/FoC.
- Powers up the Skirmish variants of the Golan stations.
- Courtesy of Kitkun, who did the work of creating the final tier variants of the ships, including the tedious hardpoint and projectile work. All credit for this sub-mod goes to her.
- PR, of course! Awesome mod, awesome guy, awesome stuff. Awesome.
- Ghostrider for the Land Assault Patch. Makes Land that much more bearable!
- Keraunos, for providing his Icon Mod. Now you can tell what's what! Woo!
- Evilbobthebob: Holy crap! This guy helped me test tons of stuff. Provided input, too! Lots of exceptions, problems, and incompetencies along the way! Also, the maps! Thanks, guy!
- Shadowrevan: Also helped me test a lot of stuff!
- Galacticfear: Helped test some stuff, too, I believe.
- Kitkun: For free reign of the Ship Skirmish Pack.
- I hope I didn't forget anyone! If I did, smack me, and I'll throw you the bone you deserve!
Edited by Tropical Bob, 12 March 2011 - 07:11 AM.