Navy bases for generals!

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Guest_hunter16465_*_*

Guest_Guest_hunter16465_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 March 2010 - 09:26 PM

hi greator im wonder if u can add navy bases for all generals its could be nice ,coz there is many maps with full of water .and if u dont like the idea can u tell me why?
and thx

#2 Casojin

Casojin

Democracy not Dictatorship

• Project Team
  • 2,121 posts
  •  Thinker

Posted 01 April 2010 - 02:54 AM

Navy is not easy to add with ZH Engine and it could be very buggy. However, amphibious units are better option for Contra.
CASOJIN

Posted Image

#3 Creator

Creator

The cat

• Hosted
  • 3,632 posts
  • Projects:Contra

Posted 02 April 2010 - 07:31 AM

Hunter, navy is not supported by Generals engine. There is no way to implement it without bugs.

#4 Su8perkillr

Su8perkillr

Capslockers are attention whores.

• Members
  • 722 posts
  • Projects:Losing the game
  •  Why cant this be red :(

Posted 02 April 2010 - 10:39 AM

I remember a map in which you could capture a cruiser.
Posted Image
Posted Image

its like a big ball of tesla troopers firing on down below, but cant attack structures. ION STORM :D

#5 Casojin

Casojin

• Project Team
  • 2,121 posts
  •  Thinker

Posted 02 April 2010 - 06:18 PM

Actually, we're given Cruiser and Aircraft Carrier supports (Artillery bombardment + Jet strike) in vZH USA mission. We also got a chance to blow up the Carrier in GLA mission.
CASOJIN

Posted Image

#6 Creator

Creator

The cat

• Hosted
  • 3,632 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 07:42 PM

That cruiser was actually not a cruiser. It was a building with cruiser 3d model. It could not move and turn. And there was the same with carrier. If ships can not move and can not be produced then everything is ok. But if you want ships to move - they will partly get on the shore. If you want ships to be built - they will move on the ground. I saw how navy was implemented in some mods and I understand, that it is better to reject this idea instead of having unfixable bugs.

#7 taramas

taramas
  • Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 09:01 PM

That cruiser was actually not a cruiser. It was a building with cruiser 3d model. It could not move and turn. And there was the same with carrier. If ships can not move and can not be produced then everything is ok. But if you want ships to move - they will partly get on the shore. If you want ships to be built - they will move on the ground. I saw how navy was implemented in some mods and I understand, that it is better to reject this idea instead of having unfixable bugs.

That's true !

#8 Su8perkillr

Su8perkillr

• Members
  • 722 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 11:07 AM

That's true !

Indeed, it couldn't move. But it could shoot, and it was in an unmodded example of ZH. So it isn't a building in camouflage.
Posted Image
Posted Image

its like a big ball of tesla troopers firing on down below, but cant attack structures. ION STORM :D

#9 Creator

Creator

The cat

• Hosted
  • 3,632 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 01:47 PM

I don't understand you. What are you trying to say? Navy can not be implemented properly in ZH.

#10 dcesarec

dcesarec

THE COON

• Project Team
  • 3,091 posts
  • Projects:Contra 008 Art (models, textures, wallpapers...)
  •  Color check! Is this text blue?

Posted 04 April 2010 - 07:10 PM

What do you guys are talking? There is a "Naval Wars" mod for Zero Hour with moveable cruiser, and many other naval units. If i remember, there were no more bugs than it is in Contra 007.
Posted Image

#11 Su8perkillr

Su8perkillr

• Members
  • 722 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 10:47 PM

There was a map in which there was one long dock. At the end of the dock, there was a cruiser. You could capture it the hijack way. When you were inside it, you could shoot with it like in the USA mission in which you get a fleet of a carrier and a few vessels. I do not remember if it could move.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#12 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts
  • Projects:Remix Beta 1.0

Posted 05 April 2010 - 10:18 AM

One option I looked at was making a captureable structure that built ships in the water. This bypasses the "build on land" bug while offering ships only on maps specifically designed for naval combat. I've thought about adding it several times, but I've had my hands full just trying to finish the basics.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#13 Creator

Creator

The cat

• Hosted
  • 3,632 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 03:45 PM

What do you guys are talking? There is a "Naval Wars" mod for Zero Hour with moveable cruiser, and many other naval units. If i remember, there were no more bugs than it is in Contra 007.

Are you talking about this mod?
http://www.moddb.com...-fires#imagebox

#14 Gen.Kenobi

Gen.Kenobi

I'm a doc, not an...

• Undead
  • 1,429 posts
  • Projects:Survive Med School
  •  Your Doc
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Hosting Admin

Posted 06 April 2010 - 04:08 PM

Hunter, navy is not supported by Generals engine. There is no way to implement it without bugs.

There's a way...look at Project Evans...Watch the video.

Creator, if you wish, i could share the code with you... :) As i did with Invasion Confirmed

As long as you give credits, of course ;)

kudos to Pasidon for this awesome avvy and siggy!

#15 Creator

Creator

The cat

• Hosted
  • 3,632 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 04:38 PM

I downloaded NavalWars mod and played it. Here are a couple of screenshots:
Posted Image
Posted Image

Gen.Kenobi, just tell me if these bugs displayed on screenshots were solved. If not, I don't need the code.

#16 Gen.Kenobi

Gen.Kenobi

I'm a doc, not an...

• Undead
  • 1,429 posts
  • Projects:Survive Med School
  •  Your Doc
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Hosting Admin

Posted 08 April 2010 - 12:20 AM

First, Creator, Project Evans never had that bug.

We use the RA3 nanocore system, what works perfectly. And is the metheod used by Invasion Confirmed (I shared the code with them)

kudos to Pasidon for this awesome avvy and siggy!

#17 Creator

Creator

The cat

• Hosted
  • 3,632 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 06:08 AM

I'm interested in it then. Share the code with me please.

And tell me, what other features does RA3 nanocore system have?

Edited by Creator, 08 April 2010 - 06:28 AM.

#18 dcesarec

dcesarec

THE COON

• Project Team
  • 3,091 posts
  • Projects:Contra 008 Art (models, textures, wallpapers...)
  •  Color check! Is this text blue?

Posted 08 April 2010 - 06:22 AM

Gen Kenobi,i saw pictures of your naval stuff,they are awesome.Guys,think seriously of uniting Contra and Evans,it could be mod of century,only thing that contra needs are naval bases.This could be Contra Evans mod.
Posted Image

#19 Casojin

Casojin

• Project Team
  • 2,121 posts
  •  Thinker

Posted 08 April 2010 - 07:55 AM

I'm interested in it then. Share the code with me please.

And tell me, what other features does RA3 nanocore system have?

RA3 nanocore is packed structure (like MCV in original C&C but instead of deploying into a construction yard, it deploys into structure instead).
The nanocore can move into water and unpack. I think it's a good logic to avoid bugs and ZH might support the deployment into either structure or naval vessel.
CASOJIN

Posted Image

#20 Su8perkillr

Su8perkillr

• Members
  • 722 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 09:19 PM

Hm, ships should get a real powerdown. I remember from the USA mission in which you get control of a few ships, that you could clear out the complete map with them, they have unlimited range, they can't shoot on shroud, but with your carrier you can explore darkness, and then bombard the fog.
Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users