World Builder - Unit <This Object>

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 madmax_the modder

madmax_the modder
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 04:40 PM

Lately i have been using world builder alot to do AI for my mod, and for the most part , its coming along alright. One thing that is bothering me though , is the Unit options in World Builder.

Im wondering if anyone has had any experience with this issue im having. Inside the scripts options, there is a sub category for Units, but the only object available when selecting a Unit script , is <This Object>. It seems that if you place a Unit on your map in world builder, and than give it a name , it can be accessed through this Unit Scripting Option , but what about units that are not created on the map previous to play.

Basicly , it seems that i cant test conditions on certain unit types, only on teams. This doesnt seem right at all. But nothing except adding preexisting units to the map, seems to allow the use of this ???Unit scripting category.

As far as i can tell , there is no way to give a Team an Object name... nor have i found a way to give a name to a unit that doesnt exist on the map already. So ultimately , what good is this Unit sub category, aside from allowing control over pre placed units ona single player map say.

In short , i want to capture and control the event of someone creating a specific unit in a game, multiplayer.

#2 Casojin

Casojin

Democracy not Dictatorship

• Project Team
  • 2,121 posts
  •  Thinker

Posted 21 July 2010 - 08:14 AM

Giving a named unit to a team can be done. Look inside either Team or Unit category (I can't remember which one). There is something like spawning a unit for a team. It will allow you to select unit type and name it then select the team that it would join once spawn.
CASOJIN

Posted Image

#3 lil tasman

lil tasman

CnC Mapper

• Hosted
  • 903 posts
  • Projects:Contra 008, Fallout Wars
  •  Contra 008 Wallpapers, Advertising and Maps. Fallout Wars AI Coding, Advertising, and Maps.

Posted 22 July 2010 - 02:11 AM

Lately i have been using world builder alot to do AI for my mod, and for the most part , its coming along alright. One thing that is bothering me though , is the Unit options in World Builder.

Im wondering if anyone has had any experience with this issue im having. Inside the scripts options, there is a sub category for Units, but the only object available when selecting a Unit script , is <This Object>. It seems that if you place a Unit on your map in world builder, and than give it a name , it can be accessed through this Unit Scripting Option , but what about units that are not created on the map previous to play.

Basicly , it seems that i cant test conditions on certain unit types, only on teams. This doesnt seem right at all. But nothing except adding preexisting units to the map, seems to allow the use of this ???Unit scripting category.

As far as i can tell , there is no way to give a Team an Object name... nor have i found a way to give a name to a unit that doesnt exist on the map already. So ultimately , what good is this Unit sub category, aside from allowing control over pre placed units ona single player map say.

In short , i want to capture and control the event of someone creating a specific unit in a game, multiplayer.

Or, if you have the unit physically on the map, you can just type in the name on the Object Properties then it can be used in the scripts.
Amat Victoria Curam
Victory Loves Preparation

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users