KiwiWarrior
  • Members
  • 45 posts
  • Projects:hmmm, night shift work and tech so not alot
  •  The kiwi
  • Division:Petrolution
  • Job:News Poster

Posted 20 April 2010 - 12:35 AM

Due to popular opinion the tournament will be postponed and a proper set of rules will be put in place.
The new tournament date will be decided after any ideas are posted, the tournament rules are:

Tournament Mode
And if any unfair bugs are used then send me the replay and I will decide if it will mean a rematch

The maps will be
Round Robin:Tournament Desert
Quarter Finals: Tournament Island
Semi Finals: Tournament Plains
Finals: Tournament Desert

Ok the Hamachi server this the same: Zero Hour Epic
No password

The tournament will begin on 16th May at 8:00am GMT+12 but the time could change.

The tournament STARTS at this certain time and date this by no means makes it so all the games are to be played at that certain time, participants will be given 24 hours to complete their game and if they fail to do so the person who comes through with evidence that they tried to get a game played will be put through to the next round.

New tournament type it will now be a Double Elimination, so what happens is if you lose you get one more game but in the B group and not the A group
(by picky)

I was read a post and do you think the staff could do some PR for us or is that to much

Any questions hit me or picky up on xfire or the server on KiwiWarrior2010 or picky is pickledo

one more thing on the 15th the roster is finalized

Edited by KiwiWarrior, 24 April 2010 - 08:37 PM.

Posted Image

#2 Casojin

Casojin

Democracy not Dictatorship

• Project Team
  • 2,121 posts
  •  Thinker

Posted 20 April 2010 - 02:03 AM

A tournament sounds interesting. However, I think 'Tournament mode' on would cover all the rules we need for a tourny (SW is rarely used anyway because in 1v1, the game tends to end before rank 5 unless both sides turtle). Any map with Tournament Prefix would suffice for the match.

You should also specify time and date of the tournament since there are people around the world playing Contra (though most players concentrate in Russia). The best time would be Saturday but you should consider most players country of origin in order to setup an appropriate time of the tourny (for them). However, some players might consider the timetable before applying for the tourny, so it would be nice to know the tourny time first and perhaps let the player proposed new time if it is good for most players.
CASOJIN

Posted Image

#3 KiwiWarrior

KiwiWarrior
  • Members
  • 45 posts
  •  The kiwi

Posted 20 April 2010 - 03:35 AM

OK Casojin but i would like to know how much people would like a tournament before i say a date cos it could take some time for the numbers to get up
Posted Image

#4 C&C-Pickled

C&C-Pickled
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 04:11 AM

O.K I'm making the first tournament official, unfortunately kiwiwarrior posted this on short notice and I will be making the date and time of this tournament to begin at 3pm GMT + 12 Saturday 24th April so if you want in contact me on xfire or my hamachi server which is Zero Hour Epic and it does not have a password the rules are just plain tournament rules and it will be played on any tournament map of your choice for your match, any questions please try to contact me on xfire first. hamachi second, mod db third or if you can't do any of those contact me here but it may not be answered here. Contact me on Hamachi as CC-Pickled 2 and xfire as Pickledo and mod db as C&C-Pickled. I hope to see people joining this tournament and ready to play! :p
Play CONTRA Tournaments!!!!!!
If you want to join my contra tournaments for command and conquer generals zero hour then just contact me on either xfire or mod db my xfire user name is Pickledo and my mod db user name is C&C-Pickled my hamachi group used for the tournaments is called Zero Hour Epic and there is no password

#5 KiwiWarrior

KiwiWarrior
  • Members
  • 45 posts
  •  The kiwi

Posted 20 April 2010 - 04:43 AM

lol i still think Saturday is to close
Posted Image

#6 dcesarec

dcesarec

THE COON

• Project Team
  • 3,091 posts
  • Projects:Contra 008 Art (models, textures, wallpapers...)
  •  Color check! Is this text blue?

Posted 20 April 2010 - 09:23 AM

A tournament sounds cool, about rules, simply tournament rules ON would be fine.
Also, you must specify which bugs using will disqualify player (like stealth rebel biker, or recycling assault destroyer tank and so on), also, i like idea about preselected maps, for 1v1 and 2v2. I might join.
Posted Image

#7 Casojin

Casojin

• Project Team
  • 2,121 posts
  •  Thinker

Posted 20 April 2010 - 10:07 AM

3PM GMT+12 (New Zealand?) = 10AM in Thailand = 5AM in Eastern Europe and Egypt = 6AM in Moscow and some part of Russia

Are you sure this is an appropriate time? I would mind if I have to wake up a few hours early on Saturday but most Contra players are in Russia and I doubt that they would wake up at 6AM for the tourny.
CASOJIN

Posted Image

#8 dcesarec

dcesarec

THE COON

• Project Team
  • 3,091 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 10:29 AM

Yes, thats too early for me. But, there is a way. Create thread here about signin in for tournament. When 10 members are assigned, create groups or schedule with signed teams or players (if games are 2v2 or 1v1). Schedule games so each game would fit for players who are participating in match (they arrange it) . After a game, winning team upload here replay of game (or someone who will be like judge etc. observer). So, tournament beginns, with less problems for appropriate time, there is no need to play all games in one day, in 2 hours, tournament could last few days, and will be fun. We could make ranking list, and replays. So, in 2 weeks another tourny cold go, and so on. We could make something traditional. It would be cool.
Posted Image

#9 FAFNIROS

FAFNIROS

• Project Team
  • 378 posts
  • Projects:Contra: arabic replics recorder, wallpaper maker and Contra publisher
  •  1st Tunisian Knew & Published Contra Mod In Tunisia

Posted 20 April 2010 - 10:35 AM

3PM GMT+12 (New Zealand?) = 10AM in Thailand = 5AM in Eastern Europe and Egypt = 6AM in Moscow and some part of Russia

Are you sure this is an appropriate time? I would mind if I have to wake up a few hours early on Saturday but most Contra players are in Russia and I doubt that they would wake up at 6AM for the tourny.

5AM!!!!!!!!!!!! tooo early :p :p :p :p :)
Ok I'll join hamachi Networks of course

10422.png ContraIco.png  :cool2:

1001181_521150174620846_188153655_n.jpg

#10 Casojin

Casojin

• Project Team
  • 2,121 posts
  •  Thinker

Posted 20 April 2010 - 02:43 PM

I agree with dcesarec idea since Contra players are all around the world. And in real war, it doesn't end in a day.
CASOJIN

Posted Image

#11 Su8perkillr

Su8perkillr

Capslockers are attention whores.

• Members
  • 722 posts
  • Projects:Losing the game
  •  Why cant this be red :(

Posted 20 April 2010 - 09:01 PM

Hehe. I dont think ill blend in, unless it is played in different rounds. Each one will have to be played ina period of 24 hours, and the replay must be saved and send to the leaders to verify the outcome. As soon as we reach higher rounds with transcontinental players we should have these games in the weekends because were able to stay up longer then. Also, Casojin (Thailand) and I (Holland) manage to play every night with a 5 hour time dif so it must be possible to be online at the same time.
Posted Image
Posted Image

its like a big ball of tesla troopers firing on down below, but cant attack structures. ION STORM :D

#12 KiwiWarrior

KiwiWarrior
  • Members
  • 45 posts
  •  The kiwi

Posted 20 April 2010 - 09:13 PM

ok i liked dcesarec and Su8perkillr ideas i'm going to talk to picked about them and the tim, cos it sounds like thats a bigly so when hes back from school i will ask him

(offtopic here but why do i have a pink thing saying this Group: Validating E-Mail and why is it pink and what it mean lol)

Edited by KiwiWarrior, 20 April 2010 - 09:39 PM.

Posted Image

#13 Casojin

Casojin

• Project Team
  • 2,121 posts
  •  Thinker

Posted 21 April 2010 - 01:51 AM

(offtopic here but why do i have a pink thing saying this Group: Validating E-Mail and why is it pink and what it mean lol)

This is because you haven't click the link in the activation email sent to you when you finish registering. It might be possible that the email is filtered into junk mail and lost. You might need to contact Revora admin in that case.

Edited by Casojin, 21 April 2010 - 01:52 AM.

CASOJIN

Posted Image

#14 KiwiWarrior

KiwiWarrior
  • Members
  • 45 posts
  •  The kiwi

Posted 21 April 2010 - 02:13 AM

lol i found it ok back on topic
Posted Image

#15 C&C-Pickled

C&C-Pickled
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 04:01 AM

:p I'm sorry people I guess i was a bit ignorant when it came to making the tournament start time and by the way it will be going until it is over and that is by no means one day, on the matter of illegal bugs just try not to use them and if you have any complaints send me the replay and if I decide it to be unfair then I will issue a rematch or if it ridiculous i may issue a disqualification, and i already said that it will just be tournament rules on, for the maps there will be a preselected map for the preliminaries, quarter finals, semi finals, and finals. The new tournament time is 6pm GMT+12. Any questions feel free to ask.
Play CONTRA Tournaments!!!!!!
If you want to join my contra tournaments for command and conquer generals zero hour then just contact me on either xfire or mod db my xfire user name is Pickledo and my mod db user name is C&C-Pickled my hamachi group used for the tournaments is called Zero Hour Epic and there is no password

#16 dcesarec

dcesarec

THE COON

• Project Team
  • 3,091 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 05:43 AM

Ok,now that we have cleared this out. Next step is to specify signing period and tournament day. Signing should be joining your hamachi network. After signing period expires,you should list here all players that are signed,then,tell us are they gonna be 1v1 or 2v2 games (depends on number of players,i suggest 2v2 games if there are 6 or more players,not less).Then if games are 2v2,we alone arange our teams,and you make some random games (in this case we will have to believe you that you made it random),and create tournament tree and post here. After that teams that are participating match are obligated to post here about match time and day, and play it with schedule, when game is over post here replay and updated tournament tree, and so on. Do you need any asistance with organisation? You should share more details here in future.
Posted Image

#17 Casojin

Casojin

• Project Team
  • 2,121 posts
  •  Thinker

Posted 21 April 2010 - 08:08 AM

I've once competed in Shockwave Tournament. Since Hamachi free account supports max of 15 members/server, most communication and reporting in would be done elsewhere (in Shockwave case, they used IRC plus some a few servers). They have a server for active players (in the registered list) and another for wait list (since there are more registered people than the tournament support). If an active player doesn't show up in time, the top one of the wait list got selected to replace the missing player. They also created a web page reporting the tournament tree (plus replay for each match once it's finished). I was on the wait list and was able to join after a player didn't show up.

Hence, if you're organizing one tourny, here are my suggestions.
- Contra is more fluid since players are all around the world. So, the tourny should take place in a few days instead of several hours.
- Create at least 2 Hamachi servers; active players and wait list.
- Put up registering period (Shockwave tourny registering took about 2-3 weeks, but you can make it shorter if you like).
- Let player register and the organizer posts their name sequentially on the forum so that we know who comes first and who's in the wait list.
- Let the active ones join the active server and wait list players join theirs.
- Commence tournament. When a match is finished, the winning player should announce their victory and submit replay.

However, we might need more flexible system since Contra tourny is not going to be in one day and people around the world would be busy at different time. Organizers should post rules about registration, replay submission, and other things (non-game related issues).
CASOJIN

Posted Image

#18 FAFNIROS

FAFNIROS

• Project Team
  • 378 posts
  • Projects:Contra: arabic replics recorder, wallpaper maker and Contra publisher
  •  1st Tunisian Knew & Published Contra Mod In Tunisia

Posted 21 April 2010 - 06:10 PM

I joined Hamachi networks
My username is EYA-PC cos i am using my sister's PC

Join us :defcon1307
pass:migalou

10422.png ContraIco.png  :cool2:

1001181_521150174620846_188153655_n.jpg

#19 KiwiWarrior

KiwiWarrior
  • Members
  • 45 posts
  •  The kiwi

Posted 21 April 2010 - 09:31 PM

i think i will say this now ok i will not be in this tournament on Saturday its the night night me and some friends can get on the piss because i work night shift but i will but around for the tournament later on, so i will not see you guys on Saturday but i will still be one of the leaders of the tournament,
Posted Image

#20 Casojin

Casojin

• Project Team
  • 2,121 posts
  •  Thinker

Posted 22 April 2010 - 08:56 AM

How many have joined so far?
CASOJIN

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic