• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Udeis the Destroyer

Udeis the Destroyer
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 04:50 AM

Not really a bug, but hey

99.9% of TDH runs beautifully on my computer, however, upgrade the Haradrim with their poison arrows (and allow them to fire at ANYTHING, i mean even one squad at one other squad), my frame rate plummets to an entirely unacceptable level. However, as long as i don't look, they get along just fine, but pull my camera over the fight, the whole thing drops to about 1 frame every second and a half (or worse). I'm assuming this has a lot to do with the effect used when the arrows hit, but i could be wrong.

Actually, its really a brilliant upgrade that can make all the difference in a fight, but i simply cant use it, which is most unfortunate.

Now, my computer is not gaming genius, but its quite new (specs upon request) and the rest of the mod has no difficulty whatsoever, even on the highest graphic settings.

If it is the will of the court (ie, nertea and co.) to leave it as is, that is absolutely fine, it is, after all, their ridiculously brilliant mod (great job guys, ive been watching RA for almost 5 years now, its great to finally play parts of it), but i humbly submit that the particles etc be reduced a bit.

again, great job guys, keep up the amazing work!

Edited by Udeis the Destroyer, 22 April 2010 - 04:51 AM.

#2 Nertea

Nertea

...lo sa raptor!

• Hosted
  • 3,349 posts
  • Projects:Star Villains and Space heroes, The Dwarf Holds
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:BFME/Unity

Posted 22 April 2010 - 06:14 AM

Glad you like the mod!

The reason this happens isn't so much because the effect is laggy or because there's a lot of particles, but more because one particle stacks ontop of another repeatedly (the fire rate is about 1/1.5 seconds, and the effect lasts around 5 seconds), and the game really doesn't like overlaying transperencies. It may need to be changed to an effect that only plays in one burst upon impact. We'll see for the next patch.

Edited by Nertea, 22 April 2010 - 06:15 AM.

sig.png
I really don't do requests and my Arnor Soldier is not fit for BFME. Don't ask me for either.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users