• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 lotrfan

lotrfan

title available

• Project Team
  • 318 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 04:46 PM

I know one guy mentioned it a bit before, but I'm still having trouble.

I just wanted to know if anyone knew how to get farms to build from the bfme 1 economy plots (like in rj's mod).
I am trying to get the dwarven mine shaft and the current outposts to be buildable like the gondor farm is.

I read in a different post that you should do a geometry update, but it wasn't explicit.
If anyone happens to know how to do this, please post it.

Thanks.
Posted Image

#2 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  • Projects:It'sa secreeet
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Expert
  • Donated

Posted 23 April 2010 - 05:29 PM

Works pretty much the same way as in bfme1.

https://www.twitch.tv/vileartist - Yes shameless self-promotion

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Old modders never die, they just fade away" ~ Hostile

#3 lotrfan

lotrfan

title available

• Project Team
  • 318 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 01:21 AM

Unfortunately it is not the same as bfme 1.

If you move a map from bfme 1 into bfme2/rotwk, when you start the game two things happen.

For the castle, half the walls are missing.

For the camps and outposts, the middle spot starts building and then disappears.

So far RJ-Rotwk has managed to get the castles working and the farms for men and mordor.

I am told that this was done with a geometry update (apparently the geometries overlap or something). I dont fully understand why, thats why I posted this topic.

My goal is to get the camps/outposts working too.
I think all I need to do is the geometry update thing for the main base part, but i'm not sure exactly what to do.

Thanks for the feedback.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users