• Hosted
  • 531 posts
  • Projects:C&C:Reloaded
  •  Oldbie C&C gamer/modder :P

Posted 24 April 2010 - 07:10 PM

This time Nod & GDI will get more love than previous updates:

Posted Image

Information of Laser fence posts for who not played Tiberian Sun:
- Nod laser fences posts are advanced walls that you build 2 nodes and an invulerable laser wall will link those 2 nodes. Unlike the basic wall it requires power and destroying one of the nodes the laser wall is self-destroyed. When the base has no power the laser wall is disabled and any unit can pass across the wall... but if the base recovers the energy every unit that is still in the middle of the laser wall will be destroyed, enemy or friendly.

- GDI Distruptor weapon in v0.99b2 and previous releases worked like the Sonic weapon of Dolphins (very short small waves, damaging all that is touched by the wave) but because YR has limitations. Now we have real TS sonic wave weapons (uninterrupted wave attack, damaging all that is touched by the wave)... and I modified the GDI Disruptor to something equivalent in TS and now I can say that it has a better role as mass destroyer than before.

More information is being added/modified periodically in the Mod Features (Changelog) topic so not always I'll create topics to talk about small features because it can be redundant :)

Note: I forgot how stressful was fixing pixelated images from resized TS buildings xD, I there are a lot of buildings that I never finished removing the wrong pixels in the public release of the mod that I should do now... :D

Edited by FS-21, 24 April 2010 - 07:31 PM.

C&C:Reloaded -> 5 different armies: GDI, Nod, Allies, Soviets & Yuri... & converted TS Terrain!!

Discord ] ModDB ] YouTube Channel ] Telegram Channel ] [ Official Forums@Revora ]

#2 nathancnc

nathancnc
  • Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 02:10 AM

Nice Work!!!

On a side note, Ares 0.1 is officially released!

Also, I run a C&C community fansite: C&C Sector If you need hosting (either your website, or just mirrors to files) please let me know, and I can do that for you.

Edited by nathancnc, 19 May 2010 - 02:12 AM.

#3 C&CBoy

C&CBoy
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 10:17 PM

Hi. I am CnCBoy. I am still ready to translate a new version after you release it.
Remember to contact me.

If you recode the mod, you could use Ares function of using external .wav. This ways the mod would gain the 30Mo of YR'sound.

It made 5 years since the last release so I could use a little help. In this past 5 years I got gradueted and I continue study. It a really long time but I still play Reloaded.

#4 Guest_Cathin_*

Guest_Cathin_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 May 2010 - 06:34 PM

Great!

It's so awesome that you develope Command & Conquer: Reloaded further! It's great to play Tiberian Sun Units in the Red Alert Universe!

It's the biggest hope ever, since EA produced one fail after another.
- Red Alert 3 was ok but Tiberium Wars and Tiberian Twillight were simple a big great, game destruction.

are there any new informations?

#5 Guest_Cathin_*

Guest_Cathin_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 May 2010 - 07:50 AM

I'm so absolute happy that you develope it further!!!

I played it yesterday again!!!

Oh and well I observed while I was playing the game via local area network, that the game crashes if I make a lightfire, do u know this bug?

Looking forward to the FS Units
- Moloch (GDI)

And I wish to build gates and ground plates, would there be a possibility?

#6 FS-21

FS-21

Kane lives in death!

• Hosted
  • 531 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 10:03 AM

@nathancnc, thanks by the offer but currently will not be necessary :)

@CnCBoy, I'll contact you with the text changes when I'm free (and if the hotmail account for the messenger isn't removed by a long inactivity, if it was removed I'll send you a PM here). For some things that I'm testing I'm using wav sounds directly in the RA2 folder but I want remove the audio.bag file in favor of 2 audio .mix files (1 mix for sounds and another mix for voices) I haven't tested if Ares permit this but is too easy to test it so when I have time I'll try... ;)

@Cathin, I made a pinned forum topic with a second dev. report in this development forum during some days ago but got no news about it in the website.
@Cathin, currently I haven't experienced IEs during the development with Ares. Is true that I got 1unknow IE in vanilla C&C:R but every possible undeclared tag that "could" crash the mod has been fixed by precaution.
I have in my mind a idea to fix the bugged TS gate logic with a little hack but I'll test it when I have time...
No plans for ground plates like in TS. Currently subterranean logic is more or less balanced and in the next version the subterranean transport will cost a bit more.

Edited by FS-21, 31 May 2010 - 10:13 AM.

C&C:Reloaded -> 5 different armies: GDI, Nod, Allies, Soviets & Yuri... & converted TS Terrain!!

Discord ] ModDB ] YouTube Channel ] Telegram Channel ] [ Official Forums@Revora ]

#7 Guest_Cathin_*

Guest_Cathin_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 June 2010 - 07:45 AM

@Cathin, I made a pinned forum topic with a second dev. report in this development forum during some days ago but got no news about it in the website.
@Cathin, currently I haven't experienced IEs during the development with Ares. Is true that I got 1unknow IE in vanilla C&C:R but every possible undeclared tag that "could" crash the mod has been fixed by precaution.
I have in my mind a idea to fix the bugged TS gate logic with a little hack but I'll test it when I have time...
No plans for ground plates like in TS. Currently subterranean logic is more or less balanced and in the next version the subterranean transport will cost a bit more.

thanks a lot =) It's awesome! I can't wait until u bring out the next test version.

#8 Guest_Guest-Tyrranus_*

Guest_Guest-Tyrranus_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 August 2010 - 08:23 AM

Im rather excited by the idea of this mod gettin a much needed update :)

#9 Black Rose

Black Rose

Let there be Combat.

• Members
  • 304 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 08:39 PM

I've been patiently waiting to hear an update notice, this is all good news.
I hate Ares because it keeps crashing my PC, if possible could you make a Npatch AE version?
(Ares 0.1)

Edited by Black Rose, 28 September 2010 - 12:05 AM.

Total Annihilation is the only battle strategy.

#10 FS-21

FS-21

Kane lives in death!

• Hosted
  • 531 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 12:43 AM

What Ares version you used? If your computer keeps crashing why not report the crash and upload the crash dump file?

(fortunately) I haven't found that type of problems in the stable releases :O

#11 Black Rose

Black Rose

Let there be Combat.

• Members
  • 304 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 03:00 PM

Ares 0.1 crashes all of my instances of YR.

And besides the roads, subterranean units will not "burrow" through asphalt ( the helipads from the terrain expansion 2.0a )

and do you need any new multiplayer maps?

Edited by Black Rose, 12 January 2011 - 10:12 PM.

Total Annihilation is the only battle strategy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users