The largest modification for Age of Empires III!
2. The Latin Americans
3. The Africans
4. The Natives
1. Game Information
WotTA is to date probably the largest mod for AoE3.
It expands the game to the nations of Brazil, Paraguay, Argentina, Colombia, Tupi, Egypt, Abyssinia, and Zulu. Course will be delivered alongside a new and improved revolutionary system, new units, technologies, and peoples, as well as a number of new random maps.
The War of the Triple Alliance, also known as the Paraguayan War, took place between 1864 and 1870. It is considered the bloodiest war in Latin American history. The war was fought between Paraguay and the allied countries of Argentina, Brazil, and Uruguay.
2. Mod versions
WotTA has three different versions. The current version is beta for TWC and it's currently being updated into beta for TAD. The other two versions, that will come later, are gamma and then, echo. Each new version will bring new stuff that were incomplete in the later version. Echo is the final version. What's included in each version?
Already released for TWC; conversion to TAD nearly finished.
Adds many new civilizations: Brazilians, Paraguayans, Argentines, Colombians, Tupi
It's the first mod ever to add a new culture, with its very own characteristics: the latin americans!
It's also the first mod ever to have its own logo, intro song and UI changes.
Included two new random maps: Gran Chaco and Acre.
Has over 50 new techs, and over 20 new units.
It's the first mod ever to add new politicians.
WotTA gamma will bring the immigration system done. As any latin american nation, you'll be able to send immigrants from an european country and found a colony. From there, you'll be able to play as another civilization!
Around 10 new random maps, and 8 completely new native settlements from all over Latin America.
Over 300 new techs, and many new units!
New game modes, new strategic units, new UI!
And some serious big new stuff that will just shine WotTA again as the largest and most creative mod ever created.
Delta will not only add the things that might be missing in gamma, but will also add another new culture: the africans! With three new nations, Abyssinians, Zulus and Egyptians, you'll be, for the first time, able to control the whole planet!
The final installment in WotTA, this will update the old nations, add in a few more secret gameplay additions, and polish off everything currently in the mod.
3. The Latin Americans
The Latin Americans are comparable to the Europeans, but they have a different culture.
Liberalism and Conservatism
If you are choosing an age-up politician, every nation has 2 liberal and 2 conservative politicians to choose from. Each of them introduces new technologies in the town hall and abilities for the coronel.
The Latin Americans have Immigrants instead of Mercenaries. Immigrants can be chosen by selecting a civilization to ally with, similar to the consulate, from your Post Office. Throughout the rest of the match, your immigrant nation will communicate with you, and you can use it to build support soldiers and send powerful technologies. Everything from the Colony costs XP, however, so you have to choose between immigrants and hc shipments.
This unit replaces the spy for the Latin-Americans. He is not good in combat, but has many different special attacks eg Sabotage, assassination, and water intoxication.
- Start with a Bandeirante and a Jesuit Priest as explorers.
- Can have up to 10 Bandeirantes.
- Have African slaves as settlers
- Get an extra immigrant
Their unique units are: Voluntario da Patria, Dragao da Independencia, and Cassador Montado.
Brazilian get immigrants from: Confederates, Germans, Italians, and Japanese.
- Start with a female explorer
- Villeros, the main villager, are infantry
- Have small factories called Works for each resource
- Master Engineer gathers wood extremely quickly and builds
Their unique units are: Primero de Línea, Rocket, Aca caraya and Cañon Dorado.
Paraguayans get immigrants from: Japanese, Arabs, and Ukrainians.
- Start with a mounted Explorer.
- Have mounted villagers called Gauchos.
Their unique units are: Horse Grenadier, Lassador, and Transport Wagon.
Argentines get immigrants from: Germans, Italians, and Ukrainians.
- Have Simon Bolivar as their explorer
- Buildings spawn guerrillas when destroyed
- Have cheap tents instead of houses.
Their unique units are: Independentista and Guerrilla Infantry, Cavalry, and Gun.
Colombians get immigrants from: Confederates, Germans, and Italians.
4. The Africans
The Africans have a completely different culture.
African nations will age up by researching technologies in the university.
Instead of buildings or politicians in their home city, Africans have the leader of their nation and four emissaries from European nations. This means that Africans can send shipments of their own units or European ones.
- Muhammad Ali Pasha as their explorer
- Some buildings can pack up and move
- Villagers are trained from the Caravan, the Egyptian mobile house.
- Buildings cost gold
- Emperor Menelik II as their explorer, mounted on an elephant
- Buildings get more attack and HP as you age up
- You start with 2 building wagons, which can transform into any building.
- TC spawns building wagons
- Market exchange rates are cheaper.
- Start with Shaka as a scout.
- All units have unique formations to counter other units
- Ikhanda is a barracks, house, and livestock pen.
- No cavalry, but all units run.
- Zulu can have up to 300 population.
5. The Natives
There is only one new playable Indian nation: The Tupi
- The Tupi don't know the value of gold. They only use food and wood.
- You have 3 different villagers, Hunters, Gatherers, and the Paje.
- They can capture and eat prisoners
- They have guns and rifles, but no horses
- Shore fish can be caught by male settlers.
When a Tupi unit kills an enemy, there is a chance that he can become a prisoner and can then be eaten. Yum! ^^
The war chief of the Tupi is equipped with a bow and arrow. He currently only has a poison arrow ability.
All Tupi units have a special ability in combat; the war dance. While they perform this dance, they fight differently, for example a spearman may become a javelineer.
- If you revolt as Haiti, your units will be Africans.
- Many new animals were added: calves, chickens, pigs ... There are now also 7 different textures for cows
- All leaders have been re-desinged. You can now play against the aggressive Otto von Bismarck or Idustrialist Abdüllmecid.
- The city planning has changed: buildings and houses can only be built near the TC. Colombians, however, can build tents anywhere.
- Revolution allows a special shipment, the Revolutionary Guards, which are powerful mercenaries fitting your new civilization
7. About us
- Created by Lord Tahattus with the help of WoTTA Modding crew!
- Visit us!
~just doing PR