#1 duke_Qa

duke_Qa

I've had this avatar since... 2003?

• Network Staff
  • 3,837 posts
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Artist

Posted 06 May 2010 - 09:09 AM

All in all, importing stuff into unity3d is laughable simple. usually you can just right-click and import the .mb or the .max or the .fbx and everything will work out just fine. Although there are a few things that i thought mentioning could save you some time. First of all, objects with animation have a few import pits you might fall into. The biggest one being that if you don't have some sort of startup motion on ALL JOINTS, you might get movement in places where you don't want. I dunno why this happens but I'd guess its because of the way unity imports animation; if there are keys from the beginning it will work, if not you get small movements and echoes of future animation where you don't want it.

Also, when using fancy rigs with IK's and stuff, you need to mark off the "Bake animation" in the settings of the file. After that I don't know if there is anything special that needs mentioning. Right now I'm not sure if the import removes unused joints from IK/fk switches and stuff, so that might be something to look into once you want to optimize the imported object.

"I give you private information on corporations for free and I'm a villain. Mark Zuckerberg gives your private information to corporations for money and he's 'Man of the Year.'" - Assange

#2 Gen.Kenobi

Gen.Kenobi

I'm a doc, not an...

• Undead
  • 1,429 posts
  • Projects:Survive Med School
  •  Your Doc
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Hosting Admin

Posted 06 May 2010 - 07:21 PM

Really? So this engine looks great!

Thanks for the info...i may try ti later when i get time, inspiration and knowladge. :grin:

kudos to Pasidon for this awesome avvy and siggy!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users