#1 BobingAbout

BobingAbout

Serious Modder

• Hosted
  • 1,288 posts
  • Projects:R:ROTC, Destructivality, Factorio Mods
  •  Coder

Posted 14 May 2010 - 02:01 PM

About 3 years ago, i started up another destructivality project by myself. This time, instead of focusing on the gameplay, i went and wrote a back story, including 3 humanoid races that lived on the same planet, a brief history, then decided that they were all going to war, giving birth to a Command and conquer style RTS game.

However, as time went by, ideas and priorities changed, the only thing remaining constant was the fictional universe of these 3 races, which continued to grow out from that planet, to include others, and more races.

The plan to write an RTS based on this first homeworld still exists, however it will now be a RTSFPS game, including on the fly switching between top down RTS, and taking direct control of a unit for FPS, merging the 2 game styles into 1.

There's also more than 1 game planned now based on the same universe. These are Destructivality Zero, Destructivality 1, and Destructivality 2 (how creative). actual game names will be thought of later, so lets just think of these as project names

Destructivality Zero (D0):
An RPG game on the nintendo DS system. in all likelyhood this will only make it as far as a free to download Homebrew NDS ROM file, but its a start. This RPG will span the entire fictional universe, starting on the home planet of the 3 races.

Destructivality 1 (D1):
The above mentioned RTSFPS game on the home planet.

Destructivality 2 (D2):
A Space based simulation game.

Currently, i've been dabbling into D0 for a while, just doing some pretty basic programming to be ported to NDS homebrew, i think i've got something playable, though currently not very exciting, since i don't have any graphics.

I could go on more, but... this is just me saying hello!

Edited by BobingAbout, 14 May 2010 - 02:44 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 Gen.Kenobi

Gen.Kenobi

I'm a doc, not an...

• Undead
  • 1,429 posts
  • Projects:Survive Med School
  •  Your Doc
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Hosting Admin

Posted 14 May 2010 - 05:42 PM

Welcome back! I always love to see a new RTS-C&C Like game :mellow:

kudos to Pasidon for this awesome avvy and siggy!

#3 Shooter

Shooter
  • New Members
  • 4 posts
  • Projects:New PDW Prototype and a new Aircraft design.

Posted 27 December 2013 - 05:10 AM

Hi, it sounds interesting to me. New to here, but interested in the games angle?

Do you ever do WW-II alternate history?

#4 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  • Projects:Writing Words With Letters
  •  I Help
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Community Admin

Posted 27 December 2013 - 01:25 PM

I don't think this is still active.  Probably because no one could pronounce the title.

#5 BobingAbout

BobingAbout

Serious Modder

• Hosted
  • 1,288 posts
  • Projects:R:ROTC, Destructivality, Factorio Mods
  •  Coder

Posted 06 February 2014 - 06:41 PM

The forums might not be currently active, but the project is still in active development.

I don't think this is still active.  Probably because no one could pronounce the title.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#6 Caspa

Caspa

title available

• Members
  • 938 posts
  •  Shine On, Lurk Moar

Posted 06 February 2014 - 08:50 PM

I'm pretty sure that was just one of Pasidons attempts at humour, although a progress update every so often may alleviate rumours of this projects untimely demise.

Hostile is a cunt.

Thought I'd have that here to save time.

#7 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  •  I Help

Posted 07 February 2014 - 08:30 PM

I like my new heckling angel.  Floating around me at all times.

But no, I'm pretty sure this is 100% dead.  I checked back when I made that post, and there is no sign of anything active under the name of 'Destructivality'.  Just a few dead Wiki pages, and a site that is pretty much derelict and barely even complete.

#8 Banshee

Banshee

One Vision, One Purpose!

• Network Admins
  • 9,045 posts
  • Projects:PPM, PPM: Final Dawn, OS SHP Builder, OS Palette Editor, OS W3D Viewer, VXLSE III, etc...
  •  Retired Network Leader
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Maintenance Admin

Posted 10 February 2014 - 04:40 AM

If the author of the project says that he is working on it, you should at least try to trust him ;). The project is active. The boss has spoken.

Project Perfect Mod

Command & Conquer Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, Tools, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

Posted Image

#9 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  •  I Help

Posted 10 February 2014 - 05:13 AM

Oh.  I didn't even see Bob post there.  Good, good.  I just found it strange no progress was posted in 4 years, anywhere.  I know if I was going something like this, I would keep my progress updates somewhere on the internet.  You should do that once in awhile, Bob.  You scared me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users