The Best 2v2 Combination

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Bug_*

Guest_Bug_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 May 2010 - 04:16 PM

So who would you say would be the best two army combination?
I personally like Nuke/Infantry because infantry can lead most of the rushing early game, and nuke can powerhouse through the end game.

#2 SpardaSon21

SpardaSon21

title available

• Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 05:55 PM

Air Force/Tank.

Air Force gets and keeps air supremacy, Tank rolls over 'em on the ground.

#3 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • Projects:Remix Escalation Top Quality Imaginer and Pro Tester. CnC Guild Gossip Whore
  •  Misanthropic Hulking Adonis

Posted 26 May 2010 - 07:35 PM

Air Force / Superweapon.

Air force / Laser.

By far, two of the best combinations you can get. Air force is brute strength. The other 2 provide a fantastic, near impenetrable ground defense, and assaulting force (by Superweapons or high tech tanks)
Posted Image
CnC Guild - As ancient as time itself.
Do you like anything CnC releated? Then the CnC guild likes you! Go make friends with it.

Latest Remix Escalation on ModDB
Remix Escalation on Revora - Track the latest news and changes.

#4 Capt.Drake

Capt.Drake

Rangers Lead the Way

• Project Team
  • 1,851 posts
  • Projects:A new map for Remix Mod
  •  Remix Escalation Alpha Tester ,Camo Artist and part-time Mapper

Posted 26 May 2010 - 10:19 PM

Air Force / Superweapon is a game breaking team if played right

Air Force can hammer anything the enemy builds to pieces while Superweapon defences and get's his Superweapons^^

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#5 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • Projects:Remix Escalation Top Quality Imaginer and Pro Tester. CnC Guild Gossip Whore

Posted 27 May 2010 - 12:30 AM

Chem Gen can really heat things up aswell... literally. Acid tech is super kick ass against ground units and buildings
Posted Image
Do you like anything CnC releated? Then the CnC guild likes you! Go make friends with it.

#6 SpardaSon21

SpardaSon21

title available

• Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 03:02 AM

But Tank Gen has Apocalypse... I mean Mammoth... I mean Overlord tanks. With Speaker Towers! And another weapon!

By the way, a Mammoth or a Mammoth look-alike is in that Remix3 slideshow up top; is that going to be in Remix3 or is the slideshow lying?

#7 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 09:42 AM

Yeah. It's the GLA assault version. Check it out in the screenshots area. There's also going to be the CNC3 one for laser gen!!
Posted Image

#8 SpardaSon21

SpardaSon21

title available

• Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 06:09 PM

Yeah. It's the GLA assault version. Check it out in the screenshots area. There's also going to be the CNC3 one for laser gen!!

C&C3 Mammoth for Laser General? Yes, please! I hope Laser General gets his railguns so I can have a proper Mammoth.

#9 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 09:48 AM

Who knows? Maybe...Maybe not.

The idea will probably be tested and evaluated...
Posted Image

#10 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts
  • Projects:Remix Beta 1.0

Posted 29 May 2010 - 04:25 PM

AirF teams extremely well, as does SupW. And they team with each other perfectly.

For other generals you have 2 ways to look at the team... you can double up Rush and Brute attack styles to make a strong ground force, an example being Laser & Tank.

It just has to match the play styles of both players in the team.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#11 SpardaSon21

SpardaSon21

title available

• Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 05:13 PM

I suppose.

We need new pictures and unit lists though, since all our guessing here is based on an extremely old version when the new version may not be anything like it (hint, hint Pendaelose).

#12 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 12:44 PM

I've been posting a lot in the new sub-forum. Not EVERY new bit gets posted in there, but it's also worth note that right now there are fewer new units and more new Tech Trees powers and other flavor changers without replacing the units.

Of course I had my big vacation, so now I have to play catchup at work, but by the end of the week I should be moving ahead at full steam again. when I left Iraq I had made great progress on splitting Robot General into 2 separate forces.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#13 SpardaSon21

SpardaSon21

title available

• Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 03:20 AM

Yeah, I saw Robot General's been split. About the Fafnir, will it stay the rather meh unit it is now or will it be changed to a 100 ton 'Mech of Doom with ridiculous armor and excessive firepower (two Heavy Gauss Rifles mainly) like it is in the BattleTech universe?

I am particularly interested in the flavor changes, as a lot of new stuff has been worked on, but not much has been added to the Development Plans and Change Logs area.

#14 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 07:43 AM

As the Fafnir stands now he has:

2 Machine Guns,
LRMs,
2 Heavy Lasers,
2 Big Explosion Guns not directly linked to BattleTech.

The yellow cannons that fire are the closest comparable to the gauss as they will get. It's worth note they have extremely high damage, particularly vs buildings and well out perform the earliest versions of the mech I made (which did have gauss look alike's)

100 tonne mech of doom is relative. It can easily destroy any unit, even super unit, in it's attack range and it is tougher than anything other than a select few super units. It's not indestructible, but it does ridiculous damage at medium range.

Now, I do have plans for a new "hero" super heavy mech that will more likely fulfill your craving for unstoppable power, but it will also be limited to 1 (hero) and will take at least twice as long to build for twice the cost.... it's more akin to a doomsday weapon that a "unit". Like a walking equivalent to the MIRV or H-Bomb
Posted Image
Posted Image

#15 SpardaSon21

SpardaSon21

title available

• Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 05:15 PM

Nice to hear the Fafnir is going to be bringing loads of death then and is going to be damn tough.

And by walking equivalent to H-Bomb do you mean Robot Gen is getting a suicide Nuke Walker, or will it simply have enough firepower to take out a column of overlords by itself?

#16 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 09:44 PM

The latter... But it will be able to destroy whole bases like an H-bomb
Posted Image

#17 SpardaSon21

SpardaSon21

title available

• Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 10:17 PM

Nice.

#18 m3rc1l3ss

m3rc1l3ss
  • Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 03:11 PM

That sounds painful. Perhaps robot/robot would be a good combo, lacking on air power but 2 of those walking into a base would be bad news...

#19 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 05:34 PM

1. Only 1 can be built. It's a hero unit.
Posted Image

#20 SpardaSon21

SpardaSon21

title available

• Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 10:46 PM

One per player, or one globally? M3rc1l3ss was talking about two different Robot General players.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users