46 replies to this topic

#1 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,838 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 27 May 2010 - 05:34 PM

Today was Elven's last day of high school. I know some of you are also close, so here's this topic.

HOLY SHIT LAST DAY OF HIGH SCHOOL. NO MORE PUBLIC AMERICAN SCHOOL SYSTEM! FUUUUUUUCCKKKK YEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!

elvenlordbanner.jpg

#2 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  • Projects:It'sa secreeet
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Expert
  • Donated

Posted 27 May 2010 - 06:59 PM

My last day is Tuesday, June 1st. And graduation is Sunday, June 6th.

And amen brotha. Amen.

https://www.twitch.tv/vileartist - Yes shameless self-promotion

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Old modders never die, they just fade away" ~ Hostile

#3 {IP}jimmyman

{IP}jimmyman

The only was one can understand me is by being me.

• Project Team
  • 644 posts
  • Projects:Mapping for RJ_RotWK
  •  freelance mapper/3d modeler in training

Posted 27 May 2010 - 07:07 PM

I'm hella excited too aha.
Sig by Serated
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image CLICK THE DRAGONS Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#4 drogoth232

drogoth232

What a shame

• Members
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 08:35 PM

My brother will be going to FIU (he graduates on the 8th?) So yeah :p I still get to see him!

(I thought that after he graduated, I would never see him again :crazed: )

I graduate in 2013 :unsure:
Wait... what?

#5 Allathar

Allathar

これを翻訳する

• Project Team
  • 2,752 posts
  • Projects:RJ-RotWK
  •  Greedy capitalist and cynical bastard.

Posted 27 May 2010 - 09:05 PM

Graduated last year :p
It has been reported that some victims of rape, during the act, would retreat into a fantasy world from which they could not WAKE UP. In this catatonic state, the victim lived in a world just like their normal one, except they weren't being raped. The only way that they realized they needed to WAKE UP was a note they found in their fantasy world. It would tell them about their condition, and tell them to WAKE UP. Even then, it would often take months until they were ready to discard their fantasy world and PLEASE WAKE UP

#6 Vortigern

Vortigern

Sumquhat quisquis.

• Division Leaders
  • 4,654 posts
  • Projects:Workin'...
  •  ...like a workin' man do.
  • Division:Role-Playing Games
  • Job:Division Leader

Posted 27 May 2010 - 09:07 PM

I'll be graduating from university this time next year. At the moment I'm just another student, but I remember what leaving school was like. Enjoy it while it lasts, kids.
I hope I am a good enough writer that some day dwarves kill me and drink my blood for wisdom.

#7 Allathar

Allathar

これを翻訳する

• Project Team
  • 2,752 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 09:13 PM

Yep... It's a once in a lifetime experience. Already know which uni you're going to?
It has been reported that some victims of rape, during the act, would retreat into a fantasy world from which they could not WAKE UP. In this catatonic state, the victim lived in a world just like their normal one, except they weren't being raped. The only way that they realized they needed to WAKE UP was a note they found in their fantasy world. It would tell them about their condition, and tell them to WAKE UP. Even then, it would often take months until they were ready to discard their fantasy world and PLEASE WAKE UP

#8 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  • Projects:Writing Words With Letters
  •  I Help
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Community Admin

Posted 27 May 2010 - 09:17 PM

Congratulations... you graduated so you can spend even more money on another American education institution with complete strangers.

#9 Ridder Geel

Ridder Geel

Master Yelloh

• T3A Staff
  • 10,852 posts
  • Projects:RC Mod + SEE + RTS Engine
  •  The Dangerous T3A Team Chamber Member
  • Job:T3A Staff

Posted 27 May 2010 - 09:22 PM

I'm done with my exams on the 1st of june too :p
The 17th i get to find out if i "made it", though im pretty sure im gonna make it.
Ridder Geel

#10 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  • Projects:It'sa secreeet
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Job:T3A Expert
  • Donated

Posted 27 May 2010 - 09:26 PM

Congratulations... you graduated so you can spend even more money on another American education institution with complete strangers.

Nay, I am entering the Air Force.

https://www.twitch.tv/vileartist - Yes shameless self-promotion

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Old modders never die, they just fade away" ~ Hostile

#11 Allathar

Allathar

これを翻訳する

• Project Team
  • 2,752 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 09:33 PM

I'm done with my exams on the 1st of june too :p
The 17th i get to find out if i "made it", though im pretty sure im gonna make it.

Havo of VWO? :crazed: En welke studie ga je doen?

#12 Ridder Geel

Ridder Geel

Master Yelloh

• T3A Staff
  • 10,852 posts
  • Projects:RC Mod + SEE + RTS Engine
  •  The Dangerous T3A Team Chamber Member
  • Job:T3A Staff

Posted 27 May 2010 - 09:58 PM

Havo :crazed:
I'm going to go to the NHTV in Breda, and learn to become a "real" programmer :p
Ridder Geel

#13 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 27 May 2010 - 11:10 PM

I graduated a couple of years ago and have not amounted to anything academically since. I don't function in schools.

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#14 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,838 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 27 May 2010 - 11:13 PM

Yep... It's a once in a lifetime experience. Already know which uni you're going to?

University of.... Texas. At Dallas, so it makes it a little better.

I got a full ride academic scholarship. Nice try Pasi.

elvenlordbanner.jpg

#15 {IP}jimmyman

{IP}jimmyman

The only was one can understand me is by being me.

• Project Team
  • 644 posts
  • Projects:Mapping for RJ_RotWK
  •  freelance mapper/3d modeler in training

Posted 28 May 2010 - 12:28 AM

Art Institute of Sacramento. 3D Modelling and Animation.
Sig by Serated
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image CLICK THE DRAGONS Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#16 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  • Projects:Writing Words With Letters
  •  I Help
  • Job:Community Admin

Posted 28 May 2010 - 01:04 AM

Yer' one of dem animation folk! Make me Thief IV and you will please me...

I got a full ride academic scholarship. Nice try Pasi.

Drats... you American borns get all the good stuff. Now watch yourself go to school WITHOUT considering archaeology.

#17 Puppeteer

Puppeteer

title available

• Global Moderators
  • 2,947 posts
  •  Faute de Mieux
  • Job:Magazine Staff/Global Moderator

Posted 28 May 2010 - 11:08 AM

Yer' one of dem animation folk! Make me Thief IV and you will please me...

http://www.thief4.com/
I've been playing Thief: DS recently - can't wait for the Shalebridge Cradle, I need to make it a special one :p Play in the dark and all that jazz, and no Quick Loading. Whatsoever.

I'll likely qualify for a bursary or some kind of grant, but university in a year's time will still cost an arm and a leg :crazed: Lower middle class, I shouldn't complain, but being on the lower end of the middle does make it quite financially awkward.

#18 Allathar

Allathar

これを翻訳する

• Project Team
  • 2,752 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 12:35 PM

And still you voted Labour? You know damn well that they only help the immigrants with the taxes you pay, while they could have made uni more affordable for the common people...

#19 Vortigern

Vortigern

Sumquhat quisquis.

• Division Leaders
  • 4,654 posts
  • Projects:Workin'...
  •  ...like a workin' man do.
  • Division:Role-Playing Games
  • Job:Division Leader

Posted 28 May 2010 - 01:18 PM

You could always be a drug dealer. Pays well if you don't get caught. :p Seriously, though, university is fucking expensive, especially down south. My best friend is at Exeter, and his rent is just over £5000 per year. His student loan is £3150 per year. Way to go, student loans company. Then again, I'm up in Sheffield and my rent is just over £3k, and my parents pay it anyway. If your parents can't afford to help you out, university is financially crippling.

By the way, Allathar, under Labour policy British tuition fees are something around £3000 p.a. for Brits, over £10k p.a. for foreigners. What they should have done is closed down all the fake 'universities' that used to be swimming pools and hockey pitches and redirect the funds into the ones that generate worthwhile degree students. Sheffield Hallam is a running joke in this city.
I hope I am a good enough writer that some day dwarves kill me and drink my blood for wisdom.

#20 Allathar

Allathar

これを翻訳する

• Project Team
  • 2,752 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 01:37 PM

Nah, I meant that instead of spending billions of dollars on the scholing and integration of foreigners, they should've closed the borders and spent the tax money on making uni more affordable for the comman man.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users