• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 ZanzorXL

ZanzorXL
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 12:39 PM

Hello everyone!

I must say i love this mod, i have just installed it. The new units and everything else is awesome except one thing: Is it possibile to turn off Blood/Gore effects? Because if my parents see me playing a game where people explode and blood spills and is as violent as this i will surely get banned from my PC forever. I would be most greatfull if someone could tell me how to turn this OFF so i can play and i wont get banned.
THANKS in advance!

Zanzor

P.S. Why does difficulty level start at HARD?!?!?!

edit: FUCK THIS!!! I LOST AFTER 5 MIN OF PLAYING!!! WHY DO YOU HAVE TO SCREW UP A GREAT MOD LIKE THIS WITH SUCH HARD DIFFICULTY?! AND WHAT THE FUCK IS THE POINT OF EJECTING OUT OF A HELI IF YOU DONT OPEN YOUR PARACHOOTE?! WHY CANT YOU MAKE A MOD THAT IS FOR EVERYONE?! I MEAN FOR THOSE THAT ARENT PROFESSIONALS IN PLAYING? MAKE A MOD THAT A 10 YEAR WILL BE ABLE TO PLAY!

Edited by ZanzorXL, 01 June 2010 - 01:28 PM.

#2 Su8perkillr

Su8perkillr

Capslockers are attention whores.

• Members
  • 722 posts
  • Projects:Losing the game
  •  Why cant this be red :(

Posted 01 June 2010 - 02:45 PM

Your ten years old? You know that ZH has an ESRB of 15 years+ And that Contra mod could eventually increase that to 18+? Also, just learn a bit to screw around, maybe start playing with iron dragon and 8 AIs. Set the AIs to hard and make 3 def you, and 4 attack you. You should be able to toy around then.
Posted Image
Posted Image

its like a big ball of tesla troopers firing on down below, but cant attack structures. ION STORM :D

#3 ZanzorXL

ZanzorXL
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 04:08 PM

Who is iron dragon?

And i want an answer whats the point of ejecting if you dont open your parachoote.

Can i change the difficulty by changing game files?
Plz answer ALL my questions

#4 Su8perkillr

Su8perkillr

• Members
  • 722 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 04:29 PM

Iron dragon is a map newbie.
Also you cant order us to answer.

The parachute thingy is just because USA is OP otherwise. You wont see a pilot jumping out of a F-16 after it got pumped by miniguns.
You cant edit the level. Just learn to play.
Posted Image
Posted Image

its like a big ball of tesla troopers firing on down below, but cant attack structures. ION STORM :D

#5 dcesarec

dcesarec

THE COON

• Project Team
  • 3,091 posts
  • Projects:Contra 008 Art (models, textures, wallpapers...)
  •  Color check! Is this text blue?

Posted 01 June 2010 - 06:26 PM

Plz answer ALL my questions

I am so sorry, i was at university today and i couldnt answer to all yours questions. Please forgive me. I will answer to all your questions right now.

Q: Does God exist?
A: Yes, if you believe in any form of God.

Q: Will i get any hair down there soon?
A: Yes, be patience.

Q: Is Universe endless?
A: Ofcourse, dont you watch any of Star Trek episodes?

Q: Are ghosts real?
A: They are, i have one in my house and i cant sleep sometimes because he hits the wall and furniture.

Q: Does intelligence really have something with brain?
A: I dont think so, intelligence is connected with conscience which has nothing to do with brain (theory is aproved).

Next several questions are highly personal and i wont show them here.

Now to the Contra questions.

Q: Who is iron dragon?
A: Its a developed form of Stone Dragon Pokemon. Developed at rank 21. Cant catch him with regular Pokeball, only with Black Pokeball.

Q: Whats the point of ejecting if you dont open your parachoote.
A: There are things called "effects" (you realize that not every parachoote gets open?).

Q: WHY DO YOU HAVE TO SCREW UP A GREAT MOD LIKE THIS WITH SUCH HARD DIFFICULTY?
A: Because he likes to torch 10 Years old kids. Dont know why...

Q: WHY CANT YOU MAKE A MOD THAT IS FOR EVERYONE?
A: Again, look at the previous question.

Huh...i hope i did answered ALL your questions...

Edited by dcesarec, 01 June 2010 - 07:10 PM.

Posted Image

#6 ZanzorXL

ZanzorXL
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 08:03 PM

Look first of all i would like to apologise for my rage. I didnt order anyone to answer, i asked(not nicely, i aplogise for that) Second im not 10, im 19. I just gave an example of "10 year old ". And yes my parents are locking me inside the house every day untill im 24.

How can you learn to play at Hard difficulty? I mean its impossibile.

And ok i understand that not all parachootes open, but if you fall down on the ground without one you certanly dont turn into splattered body...

And what do you mean by "The parachute thingy is just because USA is OP otherwise. "???

#7 dcesarec

dcesarec

THE COON

• Project Team
  • 3,091 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 08:29 PM

Just relax and practice. Play map with 4 players and put 2 AI to be on your side. Slowly turn more of them against you while you make progress. You will figure soon how Contra works and you will be happy, then, you will laugh at this your post.

Dont let your brain explode while making questions like parachute is. If you fell from (300-500) meters high, you will splatter in parts. I can guarantee you, you dont need to try it out. :p
Posted Image

#8 Su8perkillr

Su8perkillr

• Members
  • 722 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 08:57 PM

And what do you mean by "The parachute thingy is just because USA is OP otherwise. "???

Well, if USA has the ability to train a Humvee to rank 3, then is able to destroy it with one shot of a tomahwk/what you want and then let the pilot get in an aurora, that is Over Powered.

Now for the physics: In close quarter combat, planes fly low. Around the 500 meters. Sometimes higher, but that is only for tactical bombing. This is because Radar will spot higher objects easier. But if we look at the wiki of parachutes, parachutes need 500 meters to open and brake the object attached to them. So it isnt possible to use it.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#9 ZanzorXL

ZanzorXL
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 09:02 PM

Now those are the answers i was looking for! Thanks for taking your time! And no you wont splatter in parts, you will only break all your bones. (they tried it with dead animals by dropping them from and airplane). Saw it on youtube :p

#10 Guest_Guest_KiwiWarrior_*_*

Guest_Guest_KiwiWarrior_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 June 2010 - 09:48 PM

wait wait

Q: Will i get any hair down there soon?
A: Yes, be patience.

LMFAO omg LOL omg thats fucken great that made my day xD omg i'm not getting over this one

Q: WHY DO YOU HAVE TO SCREW UP A GREAT MOD LIKE THIS WITH SUCH HARD DIFFICULTY?
A: Because he likes to torch 10 Years old kids. Dont know why...

omg who come up with this who ever it was should quit what ever hes doing and become a comedian xD

#11 KiwiWarrior

KiwiWarrior
  • Members
  • 45 posts
  • Projects:hmmm, night shift work and tech so not alot
  •  The kiwi
  • Division:Petrolution
  • Job:News Poster

Posted 01 June 2010 - 09:50 PM

^^^^^^^^

i have no fucken clue why that replay says this Guest_Guest_KiwiWarrior_*_* but nvm
Posted Image

#12 ApOcOlYpS

ApOcOlYpS

title available

• Project Team
  • 523 posts
  • Projects:Remix Escalation

Posted 01 June 2010 - 09:52 PM

parachute

Finally someone spelled it right!

#13 Casojin

Casojin

Democracy not Dictatorship

• Project Team
  • 2,121 posts
  •  Thinker

Posted 02 June 2010 - 01:54 AM

Blood and gore is a new feature to make Contra more realistic. It's in the code and cannot be removed. There are more people complaining that game without such thing is too unrealistic. So, Creator gives ZH with more realistic effects and tactical gameplay.

If you play Contra for the first time (and with not much time playing RTS), you might need some time to get used to the new system. AI is not hard at all. They're highly predictable (since they're scripted). You will find that a good player is much harder to contest with than AI. So, what you need is tactical mind and strategy to beat your opponent (you can obtain this by practicing). Contra AI is much easier than Rise of the Reds.
CASOJIN

Posted Image

#14 dcesarec

dcesarec

THE COON

• Project Team
  • 3,091 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 04:33 AM

Thanks Kiwi, i will quit my master mechanical engineering education today and become stand up comedian. (i am sick of it anyway).
Posted Image

#15 Creator

Creator

The cat

• Hosted
  • 3,632 posts
  • Projects:Contra

Posted 02 June 2010 - 07:19 AM

Is it possibile to turn off Blood/Gore effects?

No way! It is the most funny part of the game.

I even plan to add more effects of such kind. In particular, players suggested the ability for GLA Assault general. He must have an ability to raise spikes from the ground. They will bring small damage to vehicles and kill infantry with one hit. Killed enemy soldiers must hang on these spikes and twitch in convulsions. :p It is just an idea. But there are problems with implementation. I don't know if I can solve them.

Because if my parents see me playing a game where people explode and blood spills and is as violent as this i will surely get banned from my PC forever.

Ban your parents first. When I was 16, I protected my PC with a password. So parents cound not start it without me. I also remember that they decided to punish me once and locked my computer with the key. It took 5 minutes for me to open it with a piece of wire. They learned the lesson and did not do anything with my computer any more.

If you want your parents do not to disturb you, remember:
- BIOS password can be removed this way: power off your computer and disconnect the power cable, remove the cover (you will probably need a screw driver), remove round metal battery from the motherbord (you will not confuse it with anything else), wait 10 minutes and return everything back - the battery and the cover. Start your computer and enjoy. There will be no password any more.
- Windows password can be removed by ERD Commander 2008. Download this programm and make a bootable CD. Hide this CD somewhere and use it when needed. If your Windows is password protected, boot from your CD. When ERD Commander starts, choose START -> System Tools -> Locksmith. I will not explain you all interface. You will learn it yourself. It is easy.
ERD Commander screenshot: http://www.cwer.ru/f...mander_2008.jpg

Good luck. And let your parents do not trouble you any more.

If you want to get familiar with the mod, you can start to play without enemies at all. It will allow you to build rank 1 units and study them.
Second step is to play with 2 computers. Let one of them to be your team mate and another - your enemy.
Third step - play against 1 computer without team mates.

Second im not 10, im 19. I just gave an example of "10 year old ". And yes my parents are locking me inside the house every day untill im 24.

On my God! You are 19 and parents still control you. I stopped smoking when I was 18. And when I was 19, I started to earn money. Your parents really need to be punished for this.

It is possible. I saw replays where people defeated 7 hard computers. It is really easy. You just need to practice a bit.

Edited by Creator, 03 June 2010 - 11:41 AM.

#16 Su8perkillr

Su8perkillr

• Members
  • 722 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 02:26 PM

I just did the thing with the battery. It wont react anymore. Still asking why im typing this on that pc...
Posted Image
Posted Image

#17 Guest_Guest_123_*

Guest_Guest_123_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 June 2010 - 03:25 PM

Concerning the parachute-thing: Are you talking about GLAs "demoralize" ? xD

#18 Su8perkillr

Su8perkillr

• Members
  • 722 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 03:49 PM

Nah, thats just dropping a load of POWs to scare the enemy :p
Posted Image
Posted Image

#19 dcesarec

dcesarec

THE COON

• Project Team
  • 3,091 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 09:08 PM

Zanzor, i have made something for you. Its a savegame in skirmish match that you can train and better know some units.

Details:

Map: Defcon

It was 1v5 insane AI match. But dont worry, 2 of them are eliminated (Stealth and Laser). Correctly, all their buildings are captured. By default, you are Nuclear general at rank 5 (to the left), captured Stealth (in center) and Laser ( to the right). You have much money, all kind of units and available superunits. All superpowers are ready aswell as Nuclear Storm and Nuclear Missile with 5 warheads (charged and ready to be fired). All upgrades are purchased.

China Flame general enemy (in center) is rank 5 so i suggest to take his Command Center with Nuclear Missile. Have fun and try out all possible mixes. My favorite is Laser Humvee with Nuclear Tank Hunter, Stealth Sniper and Laser Sniper, or try out Helix with mixed units, Buggy Raider and all other stuff
Posted Image

#20 FAFNIROS

FAFNIROS

Democracy not Dictatorship

• Project Team
  • 378 posts
  • Projects:Contra: arabic replics recorder, wallpaper maker and Contra publisher
  •  1st Tunisian Knew & Published Contra Mod In Tunisia

Posted 02 June 2010 - 09:54 PM

Is it possibile to turn off Blood/Gore effects?

No way! It is the most funny part of the game.

I even plan to add nore effects of such kind. In particular, players suggested the ability for GLA Assault general. He must have an ability to raise spikes from the ground. They will bring small damage to vehicles and kill infantry with one hit. Killed enemy soldiers must hang on these spikes and twitch in convulsions. :p It is just an idea. But there are problems with implementation. I don't know if I can solve them.

Because if my parents see me playing a game where people explode and blood spills and is as violent as this i will surely get banned from my PC forever.

Ban your parents first. When I was 16, I protected my PC with a password. So parents cound not start it without me. I also remember that they decided to punish me once and locked my computer with the key. It took 5 minutes for me to open it with a piece of wire. They learned the lesson and did not do anything with my computer any more.

If you want your parents do not to disturb you, remember:
- BIOS password can be removed this way: power off your computer and disconnect the power cable, remove the cover (you will probably need a screw driver), remove round metal battery from the motherbord (you will not confuse it with anything else), wait 10 minutes and return everything back - the battery and the cover. Start your computer and enjoy. There will be no password any more.
- Windows password can be removed by ERD Commander 2008. Download this programm and make a bootable CD. Hide this CD somewhere and use it when needed. If your Windows is password protected, boot from your CD. When ERD Commander starts, choose START -> System Tools -> Locksmith. I will not explain you all interface. You will learn it yourself. It is easy.
ERD Commander screenshot: http://www.cwer.ru/f...mander_2008.jpg

Good luck. And let your parents do not trouble you any more.

If you want to get familiar with the mod, you can start to play without enemies at all. It will allow you to build rank 1 units and study them.
Second step is to play with 2 computers. Let one of them to be your team mate and another - your enemy.
Third step - play against 1 computer without team mates.

Second im not 10, im 19. I just gave an example of "10 year old ". And yes my parents are locking me inside the house every day untill im 24.

On my God! You are 19 and parents still control you. I stopped smoking when I was 18. And when I was 19, I started to earn money. Your parents really need to be punished for this.

It is possible. I saw replays where people defeated 7 hard computers. It is really easy. You just need to practice a bit.

loooooooooooooooool
thanks for those advises Creator
U R THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p :D

10422.png ContraIco.png  :cool2:

1001181_521150174620846_188153655_n.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users