Photo

Don, Sholl, and the Happy Tree Friends

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 {IP}jimmyman

{IP}jimmyman

The only was one can understand me is by being me.

• Project Team
  • 644 posts
  • Projects:Mapping for RJ_RotWK
  •  freelance mapper/3d modeler in training

Posted 26 May 2010 - 05:52 PM

Name: Donlokie (will think of surname if needed)
Race: Dwarf
Weapons: A poleaxe and two Runed-Axe-hammers. (axe on one side, blunt, outward end on the other)
Class: Warrior?
Height: 4'8"
Weight: Around 200
History: He is basically a wanderer, he refuses to be part of civilization, making his ends mean through blacksmithing and bounty hunting. He is a cold ruthless individual, carrying a seething hatred for all bad. He has jet black hair with piercing blue and grey eyes (left and right respectively).
Alignment: Good

Hope that's good enough :p

Edited by mike_, 03 June 2010 - 04:22 AM.

Sig by Serated
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image CLICK THE DRAGONS Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#2 Vortigern

Vortigern

Sumquhat quisquis.

• Division Leaders
  • 4,654 posts
  • Projects:Workin'...
  •  ...like a workin' man do.
  • Division:Role-Playing Games
  • Job:Division Leader

Posted 26 May 2010 - 09:17 PM

That all seems fine to me. Bear in mind, though, that this isn't going to get started again for a couple of weeks yet. We all have exams and end-of-year style things going on at the moment, but after that, hopefully we can get back on track. Just one thought, though: how big are the axe-hammers supposed to be? Because if they're at all sizeable, that's going to make everyday wandering hella difficult with a polearm as well. But if they're hatchet-sized or thereabouts, should be fine.
I hope I am a good enough writer that some day dwarves kill me and drink my blood for wisdom.

#3 {IP}jimmyman

{IP}jimmyman

• Project Team
  • 644 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 12:34 AM

Little bigger than hatchets. Like the size of large (take in mind i don't mean HUGE large, but a little bigger) hand-axes.
Sig by Serated
Posted Image CLICK THE DRAGONS Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#4 Vortigern

Vortigern

Sumquhat quisquis.

• Division Leaders
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 07:03 PM

Good enough, then. I'm thinking he'd have them hanging from his belt while he's not using them, and the polearm either on his back or in his hand, depending on how long the blade and staff are. Consider yourself approved.
I hope I am a good enough writer that some day dwarves kill me and drink my blood for wisdom.

#5 {IP}jimmyman

{IP}jimmyman

• Project Team
  • 644 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 03:04 AM

Name: Sollemnis 'Sholl' Rauniri.
Race: Minotaur
Weapons: A hammer, reforged by Don, and his Axe which was runed by Don to grant the user an immense concentration and calmness in battle.
Class/Order: Warrior
Height: 11'
Weight: 1150 lbs.
Alignment: Good
History: If you read Don's travels, then Sholl is the Minotaur that befriends Don after a fight in the caravan. He was originally wounded by Don when they fought. He is essentially a Minotaur getting around, short of words, and loyal to the end. He has sworn himself to Don for not taking his life. They travel together.

Edited by {IP}jimmyman, 04 June 2010 - 02:56 AM.

Sig by Serated

#6 mike_

mike_

Student of Homer.

• Global Moderators
  • 4,323 posts
  • Projects:The Peloponnesian Wars Mod.
  •  There are no heroes, no villains - only decisions.
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator

Posted 03 June 2010 - 04:21 AM

Jimmy, I'm not sure how Vort feels about this, but going from past experience it help with clutter and such to have everyone's topics and character ideas in one topic. As such, I went ahead and moved your Sholl topic to your original one. If that's stepping beyond my bounds, I apologize, and another Staff member can separate them.

On the topic of Minotaur, the trend I've tried to set for those in Arsencia is for them to have a "full name" based on something from Antiquity - for example, my previous character, Rom, was known as "Romulus Hauntari". The surname is pretty much anything you want. Anyway, the idea is you would take the root of the full name and take a single syllable from it to use as their common name. So, "Romulus" becomes Rom, "Remus" is Rem, "Belisarius" is Bel, "Julius" is Jul, "Scipio" is Kip, etc etc. I just think it'd be nice if you could tie your Minotaur's name into that, hehe.

#7 {IP}jimmyman

{IP}jimmyman

• Project Team
  • 644 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 04:32 AM

Will do Mike, thanks haha. I'm sure Vort won't mind (i hope) and i had no idea if editing the page would get his attention.
Sig by Serated

#8 Vortigern

Vortigern

Sumquhat quisquis.

• Division Leaders
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 01:13 PM

It's definitely better to keep all your characters in one thread. I would also appreciate it if you would try to fit your Minotaur in with Mike's previously established understanding of that race. That way we can keep it consistent. To this end I have altered his name to a form that would comfortably shorten to Sholl. Are you alright with the change? You can find something else if you'd prefer.

#9 {IP}jimmyman

{IP}jimmyman

• Project Team
  • 644 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 03:57 PM

Thanks Vort, yet again lol. I like it. Does this mean approved :).
Sig by Serated

#10 Vortigern

Vortigern

Sumquhat quisquis.

• Division Leaders
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 04:39 PM

Yeah, I guess it does. Although, having looked over it properly, I notice that you've said he has a magic hammer which increases his strength. Trust me, that's really not necessary. Minotaur are the strongest race in Arsencia, possibly matched by the melds, but that's more of an individual thing than a race thing. Half a tonne of pure muscle doesn't need any magical help. Besides which, Minotaur are naturally resistant to low magic, so it might not even affect him.

#11 mike_

mike_

Student of Homer.

• Global Moderators
  • 4,323 posts
  • Projects:The Peloponnesian Wars Mod.
  •  There are no heroes, no villains - only decisions.
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator

Posted 03 June 2010 - 06:48 PM

Speaking of which, being about five hundred pounds is pretty scrawny for a Minotaur :) Most are about half a ton, at least. Just saying.

#12 Vortigern

Vortigern

Sumquhat quisquis.

• Division Leaders
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 08:08 PM

Let's assume that '500?' is in kilograms, which would give us roughly 1100lbs. Problem solved.

#13 {IP}jimmyman

{IP}jimmyman

• Project Team
  • 644 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 02:47 AM

Agreed sir, on the weight :). Then the runes on the axe just makes him extremely calm and aware in battle. If that helps. His hammer was just reforged.
Sig by Serated

#14 Vortigern

Vortigern

Sumquhat quisquis.

• Division Leaders
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 09:39 AM

I just realised that in your description of Donlokie it says he "carr[ies] a seething hatred for all bad", yet is aligned good. Maybe it's just me, but I don't see 'seething hatred' as something most 'good' people would have. Don't get me wrong, I'm fine with that, I just want to make sure you understand that a mental situation like that is going to leave a hell of a lot of grey areas and almost certainly blur the line between Donlokie being good or evil.

#15 {IP}jimmyman

{IP}jimmyman

• Project Team
  • 644 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 08:01 PM

Ahh okay i see what your saying. My mistake. He is very alligned towards good? I can't quite find a way to put that into words.
Sig by Serated

#16 Vortigern

Vortigern

Sumquhat quisquis.

• Division Leaders
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 08:05 PM

No, I know what you mean fine, I just think it'll be interesting to have some clashing ideology within himself as he tries to put everything in black and white and but exists himself in a grey area. Should be fun.

#17 {IP}jimmyman

{IP}jimmyman

• Project Team
  • 644 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 02:30 AM

Well yea, but i put him off in a too lighthearted manor in his travels. I'll have to work this in.
Sig by Serated

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users