{{WIP}}

Name: Varin Rax
Race: Human
Class: Dark Mage

Appearance
Height: 1,82 metres.
Weight: 67 in the 3rd chapter, 74 kg in the fourth
Eye color: Brown
Hair: Shoulder-lenght ; dark brown. Worn backwards.
Clothing: wide, dark-greyish pants and a tad lighter tunic, with a torn, black mage's robe. The robe used to have silver decorations, but during the stand-off between Zhar and Varin, many of those decorations were lost when the robe was torn up.
build: Good build, not overly muscled and little to no fat.

History: Varin had suffered from a severe mental breakdown, causing him to attack his own master and aid in the butchering of his "guild". His friend Azuvas died in a stand-off between Zhar Cadavoc and themselves. After this fight, he took a retraite and slowly came back to his senses. During his travels, he met two other mages with whom he started to take up jobs as mercenaries.

Magic Type: Black Magic, with a unique specialization in illusions.
Character: Varin is analytical, constantly observing a fight and seeking the best way to victory or finish the job quickly. He can be cocky and use others for his own good, but he will be a loyal friend to those who he considers his best friends or allies.
Weapon: The same silver Katana of part 3

Alignment: formerly evil, now alligned to whatever side pays.

Name: ???
Race: Human
Class: Neutral Mage

Appearance
Height: 1,89 metres.
Weight: 72 kg
Eye color: Brown
Hair: short; brown. worn in "whatever way the wind blows"
Clothing: dark-red shirt and grey pants, along with a golden-coloured chainmail. Has a special helmet that only covers the front of his face, only for use in battle.
Build: slim.

History: [will come]

Magic Type: Learned a variation on the "enslaving" magic of the Enbaru, allowing him to bind persons in a specific area to a rule that he can make up, such as: "Magic is not allowed", restricting users from using magic. However, he himself can not be in that area, nor can use multiple rules over a specific area at the same time. Also, killing someone with such a spell by stating "Those inside will die", will only result in a overuse of magic on his part, without affecting those in the targeted area. Extreme binds are therefore impossible. These binding spells can only be cast by writing them on his sword.
Character: Intelligent, shrewd and quiet. He doesn't talk much and will never take the spotlights, so to say.

Alignment: Alligned to Varin

Edited by Taralom, 06 June 2010 - 09:39 PM.

If the above post offended you in any way,
please take note that, until further notice, I don't care, so get lost.

#2 Vortigern

Vortigern

Sumquhat quisquis.

• Division Leaders
  • 4,654 posts
  • Projects:Workin'...
  •  ...like a workin' man do.
  • Division:Role-Playing Games
  • Job:Division Leader

Posted 06 June 2010 - 07:12 PM

First off, your second guy needs a name. Second, I'm not sure entirely sure what you mean by his magic. Why does he have to write things on his sword? How does he write things on his sword, for that matter? I think you should reconsider his abilities, because honestly I don't see that it makes a whole lot of sense.
I hope I am a good enough writer that some day dwarves kill me and drink my blood for wisdom.

#3 Taralom

Taralom

Self-proclaimed A**hole

• Project Team
  • 1,519 posts
  • Projects:Turned to Writing
  •  I R GOOGL'd

Posted 06 June 2010 - 09:39 PM

I know he needs a name, but a name means a lot to me, so I want it to be just right. :xcahik_:

And I myself was picturing a blue flame on his fingertip, with which he could "write" the spell on his sword.

#4 Vortigern

Vortigern

Sumquhat quisquis.

• Division Leaders
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 12:17 AM

Still, I don't get the whole 'write something on your sword and then people inside a certain area will be affected en masse by what you just wrote' thing. It seems a little circuitous and unnecessary. I mean, I like the idea of using the sword as a focus for his magic, but the 'affected area' part just bothers me, it really does.
I hope I am a good enough writer that some day dwarves kill me and drink my blood for wisdom.

#5 some_weirdGuy

some_weirdGuy

title available

• Hosted
  • 4,080 posts
  •  Weird Guy of the Forums

Posted 07 June 2010 - 07:37 AM

I remember my friend having this anime where the main character had a funny eye and the ability to sorta hypnotise people, but he could only do it once per person. I forget what its called, but is that where you go your idea for this from? cause it sounds like the same thing.

Like he could set up things for later on like "when X happens you will do Y" and they wouldn't even realise they've been hypnotised, or for example if soldiers came to kill him he'd just be like "all of you shoot each other" and they would. Super god moddy :p But as i said it only worked once per person, and they had to be looking into his funny eye. (there was another dude who could 'freeze' people within a certain radius, so to them its as if he just disappeared or teleported, but really their mind was just frozen)

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" -Adam Savage, Mythbusters
Posted Image|Posted Image
Posted Image|Posted Image
Posted Image

#6 Taralom

Taralom

Self-proclaimed A**hole

• Project Team
  • 1,519 posts
  • Projects:Turned to Writing
  •  I R GOOGL'd

Posted 07 June 2010 - 02:46 PM

Actually, never mind this topic.

I've given it a second thought and came to the conclusion that I want to quit.
It may be sudden, but there's quite an argumentation behind it.

So, sorry guys, I won't be joining you any longer.

#7 Vortigern

Vortigern

Sumquhat quisquis.

• Division Leaders
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 08:10 PM

Oh. Well, sorry to lose you. If it's a time issue then maybe you can drop by again when it's resolved. Best of luck to you, Taralom.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users