Master Yelloh

• T3A Staff
  • 10,852 posts
  • Projects:RC Mod + SEE + RTS Engine
  •  The Dangerous T3A Team Chamber Member
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Staff

Posted 06 June 2010 - 10:32 PM

The RC Mod will have an easy way to let you choose which mode of gameplay you want! We know some prefer BFME 2 and some BFME 1, so we combined the two! Just at the click of a button you can choose either mode!
Posted Image
BFME 1 is just a mouse click away!

In the BFME 1 mode you will have buildplots and expansions and all the stuff you had in BFME 1. BFME 2 mode will be the game mode you are used to, the normal way of playing in BFME 2.
You start with nice Castles or Camps in BFME 1 mode!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

The 4 basic faction's camps and castles have already been made! In the next release all the other factions will have camps and castles too!

To finish off here is a nice movie to look at the Gameplay!
http://www.xfire.com/video/2cfe98/

So... You all have seen what the mod's new gameplay will be like...
Lets see if you can wait till a new release! :xcahik_:
Ridder Geel

#2 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 06 June 2010 - 10:36 PM

Beter goed gejat dan slecht bedacht, nietwaar?

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#3 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  • Projects:RJ RotWK, Twilight of the Republic, HDLH
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator
  • Donated

Posted 06 June 2010 - 10:43 PM

Anscheinendlich ja.

yodasig2.png
My political compass
There's a story that the grass is so green...what did I see? Where have I been?

#4 drogoth232

drogoth232

What a shame

• Members
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 10:52 PM

English?

Either way it looks amazing!
Wait... what?

#5 Ridder Geel

Ridder Geel

Master Yelloh

• T3A Staff
  • 10,852 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 12:22 AM

Care to elaborate? :xcahik_: I didnt steal? I used the bases from BFME 1 that you could find in BFME 2... Unless what you said was not meant in a bad way?

Edited by Ridder Geel, 07 June 2010 - 12:23 AM.

Ridder Geel

#6 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 07 June 2010 - 03:43 PM

Interpret it how you will. It's just that Kwen came up with this idea a while ago and meant to make a mod out of it. Now he will be the second one to do it, making it seem as if he's copying you. Which he isn't.

I find it somewhat tasteless.

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#7 CTLN7

CTLN7

title available

• Project Team
  • 1,210 posts
  • Projects:Rogue Republic

Posted 07 June 2010 - 04:08 PM

when did he come up with the idea ?
we are not copying him either .we added bfme 1 walls on the to do list long time ago

Edited by CTLN7, 07 June 2010 - 04:21 PM.

#8 Ridder Geel

Ridder Geel

Master Yelloh

• T3A Staff
  • 10,852 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 04:30 PM

Uhhh... Kwen came up with the idea of transforming BFME 2 to BFME 1, not what we do, we let the player choose BFME 1 or BFME 2.
I didn't know he had an idea of doing this till he posted about it in the help with modding forums, and at that point i already had something like this planned. And we worked together on this, so its more or less "our" thing :p
Ridder Geel

#9 JUS_SAURON

JUS_SAURON

El Shaddai

• Members
  • 1,581 posts
  • Projects: BFME2 MOD - Power Of The Ring
  •   INI Coder

Posted 07 June 2010 - 05:47 PM

From what I have seen on the Forums
Putting BFME1 bask into bfme2 has been the dream of most Modders

It just seen Kwen and Ridder seen to have started before most and have advanced
Kwen want's 100% bfme1 into bfme2
Ridder allows to choose the type of gameplay per map
I have also been trying but it seems that Ridder and Kwen are the First to succeed
( I still can't solve the gap's in the walls ) ^_^

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My point : I highly doubt that Ridder's Success can be considered stealing

We should be congratulating him for solving this conundrum

Way to go Ridder :p

#10 NewErr

NewErr

Elf-friend

• Project Team
  • 2,177 posts
  • Projects:Wars of The Firstborn
  •  World Wide Artist

Posted 07 June 2010 - 06:15 PM

Interpret it how you will. It's just that Kwen came up with this idea a while ago and meant to make a mod out of it. Now he will be the second one to do it, making it seem as if he's copying you. Which he isn't.

I find it somewhat tasteless.

Very interesting , Bfme 1 bases is a 1-modder dream .It was a bfme1 fever at one point , but I haven't seen actual codes posted by Kwen . ^_^

Btw , I like this new s*** , looks awesome .And I so love Faramir mounted in a crowd . :p

Edited by Valaquenta10, 07 June 2010 - 06:25 PM.

#11 Goldtouch

Goldtouch

title available

• Hosted
  • 449 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 02:49 PM

Hey where can we download this feature? -When is it avaible?

Personnely I only want the predeterment plots... I got this script that implent the plots, but the the plots disapear & it allows you to build while the citadel isn't 100%!
I have this map pack of the most played bfme1 locations, those are playable in bfme2. I'm curious on how to implement the plots on these bfme1 maps.

I've found plenty of topics where people wanted this feature or either tryed to recreate it.(since bfme2 doesn't support the feature)
This feature is surpricely hidden... here>>> Revora Forums > Network > The 3rd Age > BFME Hosted Sites > RC Mod > RC Mod - Showcase > RC Mod ~ BFME 1 & BFME 2 Mode!
It deserves to be a mod on its own. Well I might be overreacting that's because I really love bfme1 outposts/camps/castles :) .

ps. good thinking of making it toggle-able cause ofc some like it some don't.
ps. what are your other projects your working on? You seem a problemsolver... :p

#12 Taralom

Taralom

Self-proclaimed A**hole

• Project Team
  • 1,519 posts
  • Projects:Turned to Writing
  •  I R GOOGL'd

Posted 09 June 2010 - 03:41 PM

Care to elaborate? :) I didnt steal? I used the bases from BFME 1 that you could find in BFME 2... Unless what you said was not meant in a bad way?

Man, I thought I read Celebrate :p

Still, no matter if you stole or not, that is one awesome feature! Almost makes me reconsider installing BFME2

Edited by Taralom, 09 June 2010 - 03:42 PM.

If the above post offended you in any way,
please take note that, until further notice, I don't care, so get lost.

#13 CTLN7

CTLN7

title available

• Project Team
  • 1,210 posts
  • Projects:Rogue Republic

Posted 09 June 2010 - 03:59 PM

I have also been trying but it seems that Ridder and Kwen are the First to succeed

umm i havent seen kwen finishing something :) .. and if he does he would be the third because this guy
did it second :p
http://forums.revora...mp;#entry808473 ;)

Edited by CTLN7, 09 June 2010 - 04:18 PM.

#14 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  • Projects:It'sa secreeet
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Job:T3A Expert
  • Donated

Posted 09 June 2010 - 06:01 PM

I've had a functioning bfme1 base system for months now. It's retarded bugs that's holding me back.

And why would I show code? It's easy enough to do. In fact, the amount of code required is minimal.

I'm not trying to claim the concept of making BFME2 like BFME1. Though it does seem a little odd that only a day or so after I posted basically the first (after Rimli's BFME1 1/2 mod) actual announcement of a mod, people magically had the idea to do the same. Clearly they didn't take the idea from me, because it's a common idea. And the people doing it have been working on it for as long, if not longer then myself. I just hadn't mentioned anything prior.

https://www.twitch.tv/vileartist - Yes shameless self-promotion

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Old modders never die, they just fade away" ~ Hostile

#15 Goldtouch

Goldtouch

title available

• Hosted
  • 449 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 07:09 PM

Aha ok and where can I find this BFME1 1/2 mod? Its not on their official forum/site. I sended an mail to rimli asking this same question.

Maybe you have a working version...

#16 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  • Projects:It'sa secreeet
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Job:T3A Expert
  • Donated

Posted 09 June 2010 - 07:13 PM

As far as I am aware, it's not released yet.

https://www.twitch.tv/vileartist - Yes shameless self-promotion

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Old modders never die, they just fade away" ~ Hostile

#17 Goldtouch

Goldtouch

title available

• Hosted
  • 449 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 08:20 PM

Do you think he would share a beta version? Is he active lately?

Question to Knight Yellow if Rimli isn't active could you bring out an BFME2 mod with the predetermined plots that range from farms to castles...

I sure want to make use of this mod! I got alot of peeps from BFME1 that want something like this. Same amount of units in a horde. Only Rohan Gondor Isengard & Mordor factions.

Btw Is there any mod out that fits the discription above. I'm getting too excited with the idea of getting rid of those annoying bugs(firewall issue just to mention one). BFME2 is ofc an improvement. Graphical there is also a improvement. Even the menu is more user friendly !

Instead of making BFME on a whole new engine like some try (Can't remember where I read it). Why not on BFME2 its more practical for the most part its there...
I don't know you might like or hate the BFME build systems. lets not argue about that. Anyone who's truely triggered to develop BFME1 completly in the BFME2 game send an PM.

I've been in marketing awhile. I know the ups & downs when developing a product. I can use the structure like in a real company so you.. as developer see the beginning & ending of your tasks. Few days ago I've started with putting a business-like plan for developing the mod I have in mind. Share what you think of it. I know there aren't going to be many views on this area on the board.

Just share what you think about it will see if this idea is worthy for you!

Edited by THORONGlL, 09 June 2010 - 08:43 PM.

#18 NewErr

NewErr

Elf-friend

• Project Team
  • 2,177 posts
  • Projects:Wars of The Firstborn
  •  World Wide Artist

Posted 09 June 2010 - 08:34 PM

Well , not really that sure on what list you talking but your in the RC MOD news forums after all . :)

#19 Goldtouch

Goldtouch

title available

• Hosted
  • 449 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 08:49 PM

You don't like the idea. Sure I respect that! Could you tell me on how I can reach my goal. It can be more helpful than to redirect me to another area.

Edited by THORONGlL, 09 June 2010 - 08:49 PM.

#20 Masterbadeend

Masterbadeend

Yellow_Pete

• Project Team
  • 797 posts
  • Projects:RCMOD
  •  Mapper @ the RCMOD

Posted 10 June 2010 - 01:50 PM

For some reason I can't follow your text. But what do you want to do? Do You want to be a marketing-advisor, or a bèta tester or something else? Ridder Geel decides about that all. But I can ask it for you if you make it a bit easier to read for me :).

Posted Image
Posted Image
Thanks to MirkwoordArcher for this great signature and the lovely duck.
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users