Use of flash web designs

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Ching Butter

Ching Butter
  • Banned
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 09:48 AM

Flash is a multimedia tool that gives a lot of opportunity for creativity. This aspect of Macromedia helps in developing an interactive website. A good and experienced flash web developer can use the flash techniques effectively for the development of innovative web designs. Flash techniques can be combined with the other contents of the web pages to make an interactive website.

Flash components help in giving wings to the imagination of a person. All your dreams about a possible web design can thus turn in to reality with the help of flash components. Attention-grabbing online ads and web designs can be designed with the help of flash components. Flash components are the most mesmerizing devices used in web designing.

A flash web designer has to consider certain points while designing a flash web design. Enough options should be given to skip the pages which do not attract the attention of the visitors. Certain flash presentations may unnecessarily take a lot of time of the visitors. Skip buttons can be used in such situations.

Use flash designs only at places where it can add profit to your business. Unnecessary use of flash designs may increase the loading time of the website. The problem is not in the concept, but in the way it is used in the website.

Flash designs are highly interactive than HTML websites. It improves the appearance of the website and leaves an everlasting impression. Flash SpamCensored companies are the leaders in flash web designs. They make unique and interactive flash web designs that attract visitors from all over the world.

#2 Beowulf

Beowulf

Shipgirl

• Advisors
  • 7,219 posts
  •  Azur Lane Fangirl

Posted 09 June 2010 - 07:08 PM

This guy is an idiot. Flash has its uses, but an entire website is not one of them. An entire site in Flash is a travesty, and this trend is the bane of a user friendly Internet experience. All Flash websites tend to load slowly and work in ridiculous ways; Flash websites also tend to break traditional user experience, which is bad for your audience. People who cram Flash into websites, or use it as the whole fucking thing, always forget that not everyone has top notch equipment. There are still people using dial up Internet and people using Windows 98 and Windows ME. This seriously hampers their experience.

Fuck Flash. Leave it to games, animated films and YouTube, kthx.

Yes I know it's a bot, but this is my actual opinion.

NZ.org | BBPCG
Discord: The Astronomer#1314
Steam

#3 Romanul

Romanul

title available

• Hosted
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 06:46 AM

Fen,its a bot.

#4 Jeeves

Jeeves

I write the interwebz

• Members
  • 4,156 posts
  •  Friendly neighborhood standards Nazi

Posted 10 June 2010 - 01:24 PM

YouTube? Videos? Flash? Hell no. It has no use in a semantic environment. Only thing its good for is clicking on zombies heads if you're too cheap to get a real game.

World Domination Status: 2.7%

#5 Beowulf

Beowulf

Shipgirl

• Advisors
  • 7,219 posts
  •  Azur Lane Fangirl

Posted 10 June 2010 - 06:12 PM

It has no use in a semantic environment.

This is where you're wrong. Flash still has interactivity HTML and JavaScript cannot replicate, or replicate well. Flash has its uses, but they're limited. However, to say it's useless is just as invalid as the OP.

NZ.org | BBPCG
Steam

#6 Jeeves

Jeeves

I write the interwebz

• Members
  • 4,156 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 02:44 AM

The web is (or should and strives to be) a semantic medium. Its built on describing textual data, which in turn can be interpreted to infer additional information about the nature of the resources. If Flash had any form of accessible metadata accessibility and fallbacks, I would have no issue with its use for the web. But it doesn't, everything locked in a propriety shell. There is nothing it can do that can't be done otherwise on the web, in a more semantic fashion.

I am not saying its useless altogether, it just shouldn't be used for the web. If it were on a phone, an info booth, used for some nonsemantic widget like a game, its ideal. But to use it for the web is like using a flamingo to 7ÃüsO×™}ë»écà<~- it may look pretty, but it means nothing. Real problem is now people are churning out flash to HTML5 converters, which defeats the point entirely because its still just based on visuals.

Also, it performs like $%!t, takes forever to load, and crashes a lot.

#7 Beowulf

Beowulf

Shipgirl

• Advisors
  • 7,219 posts
  •  Azur Lane Fangirl

Posted 11 June 2010 - 05:46 AM

nonsemantic widget

This is exactly what I mean for its limited uses. It's only good for those.

Also, it performs like $%!t, takes forever to load, and crashes a lot.

Unless you have ancient hardware or dial up, Flash doesn't take that long to load. It's no different than loading a stream through semantic markup.

NZ.org | BBPCG
Steam

#8 Phil

Phil

Force Majeure

• Network Leaders
  • 7,976 posts
  • Projects:Revora, C&C:Online
  •  Thought Police
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Network Leader
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 12 June 2010 - 09:02 AM

No, but the plugin is simply crap. It's crap on Windows, crappier on OS X and near unbearable on Linux. Even though they do finally have the 64-bit version now...

revorapresident.jpg
My Political Compass

Sieben Elefanten hatte Herr Dschin
Und da war dann noch der achte.
Sieben waren wild und der achte war zahm
Und der achte war's, der sie bewachte.

#9 Jeeves

Jeeves

I write the interwebz

• Members
  • 4,156 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 11:02 AM

Didn't they just axe the x64 with the more-stable 10.1 release?

#10 Phil

Phil

Force Majeure

• Network Leaders
  • 7,976 posts
  • Projects:Revora, C&C:Online
  •  Thought Police
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Network Leader
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 12 June 2010 - 03:36 PM

Yeah I've realised that as soon as I had finished posting. Screw them.

revorapresident.jpg
My Political Compass

Sieben Elefanten hatte Herr Dschin
Und da war dann noch der achte.
Sieben waren wild und der achte war zahm
Und der achte war's, der sie bewachte.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users