160 replies to this topic

#101 Jeeves

Jeeves

I write the interwebz

• Members
  • 4,156 posts
  •  Friendly neighborhood standards Nazi

Posted 29 June 2010 - 03:46 PM

You're not the only. I don't know how many, but a couple of people have told me they think they can beat Spain.

World Domination Status: 2.7%

#102 Allathar

Allathar

これを翻訳する

• Project Team
  • 2,752 posts
  • Projects:RJ-RotWK
  •  Greedy capitalist and cynical bastard.

Posted 29 June 2010 - 04:46 PM

....and with Japan down, so goes my hope of still winning the pool :thumbsupdrool:
It has been reported that some victims of rape, during the act, would retreat into a fantasy world from which they could not WAKE UP. In this catatonic state, the victim lived in a world just like their normal one, except they weren't being raped. The only way that they realized they needed to WAKE UP was a note they found in their fantasy world. It would tell them about their condition, and tell them to WAKE UP. Even then, it would often take months until they were ready to discard their fantasy world and PLEASE WAKE UP

#103 Jeeves

Jeeves

I write the interwebz

• Members
  • 4,156 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 05:21 PM

I just had 2.5 hours of doubting my tip for Paraguay... There's always hope, there's another nine games to worry about!

#104 Romanul

Romanul

title available

• Hosted
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 06:00 PM

Damn you Pupeteer.Don't steal mah place!

#105 Puppeteer

Puppeteer

title available

• Global Moderators
  • 2,947 posts
  •  Faute de Mieux
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Magazine Staff/Global Moderator

Posted 29 June 2010 - 07:36 PM

Perversely, because I've tipped fewer matches, I am in front of you!

#106 Romanul

Romanul

title available

• Hosted
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 06:33 AM

Perversely, because I've tipped more matches, I am in front of you!

Fixed. :p
Check again.

#107 Jeeves

Jeeves

I write the interwebz

• Members
  • 4,156 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 12:58 PM

Yeah, some games are at 4:30am here, I usually don't watch them or put results in until I wake up :p I'll have it automated by 2014, but in the meantime have fun with scores being slow :)

#108 Puppeteer

Puppeteer

title available

• Global Moderators
  • 2,947 posts
  •  Faute de Mieux
  • Job:Magazine Staff/Global Moderator

Posted 30 June 2010 - 04:20 PM

Perversely, because I've tipped more matches, I am in front of you!

Fixed. :p
Check again.

Not quite - you've tipped 39, I've tipped 25. 39 > 25
Yet now we're even.

#109 Gen.Kenobi

Gen.Kenobi

I'm a doc, not an...

• Undead
  • 1,429 posts
  • Projects:Survive Med School
  •  Your Doc
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Hosting Admin

Posted 01 July 2010 - 11:26 PM

Tomorrow is the day that someone is going to be defeated by the "Canarinhos Amarelos"!

kudos to Pasidon for this awesome avvy and siggy!

#110 Allathar

Allathar

これを翻訳する

• Project Team
  • 2,752 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 07:32 AM

I'm afraid so.
It has been reported that some victims of rape, during the act, would retreat into a fantasy world from which they could not WAKE UP. In this catatonic state, the victim lived in a world just like their normal one, except they weren't being raped. The only way that they realized they needed to WAKE UP was a note they found in their fantasy world. It would tell them about their condition, and tell them to WAKE UP. Even then, it would often take months until they were ready to discard their fantasy world and PLEASE WAKE UP

#111 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Job:Leader

Posted 02 July 2010 - 03:56 PM

Tomorrow is the day that someone is going to be defeated by the "Canarinhos Amarelos"!

Ha... ha... ha.

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#112 Allathar

Allathar

これを翻訳する

• Project Team
  • 2,752 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 04:01 PM

Seriously wtf, Brasil was ten times better, in the first half it should've been 0-3 or something. Not that I'm complaining, though :rolleyes:

#113 Romanul

Romanul

title available

• Hosted
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 05:41 PM

SO YOU WERE THE BASTARD WHO TIPPED HOLLAND?!!DAMN YOU!

/rantmode off.

#114 Jeeves

Jeeves

I write the interwebz

• Members
  • 4,156 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 07:53 PM

The Dutch deserved to win, first time they've performed all cup, and they performed remarkably. Brazil played like a bunch of stuck-up thugs, it was very satisfying to see them lose. And now Dunga's quit. Sook. Should also be able to beat either Ghana or Uruguay, but still no idea who'll triumph on the other side.

#115 Copaman

Copaman

Ryan

• Project Team
  • 2,144 posts
  • Projects:Winning.
  •  Slowly becoming a Veteran

Posted 02 July 2010 - 10:07 PM

Brazil played like a bunch of stuck-up thugs

Because they are.

And now Dunga's quit.

Well that's stupid. The coach shouldn't quit... he coached the team very well. He had one player give up an own goal, and his defense was too lazy to challenge for a header at the six yard box off a corner. And then he had a thug who thought it'd be a good idea to stomp on someone in front of the Assistant. I don't see how it's his fault or bad coaching...

Posted Image

If you meet me:

Have some courtesy,

Have some sympathy,

And some taste.

Use all your well-learned politesse,

Or I'll lay your soul to waste.

#116 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  • Projects:Writing Words With Letters
  •  I Help
  • Job:Community Admin

Posted 02 July 2010 - 11:11 PM

Ooooohhh... ok. So Gahna Vs. Ur'a'gay... I mean Uraguay. So The game is tied 1 to 1. Gahna kicks a game winning goal... right into an empty pocket. Money shot. The goalie is laying down in the grass or something 10 feet away... who knows. But when the Gahna kicked the ball, it went right into the edge of the goal and one of the Uraguay players smacks it out with his hands. That spaz got the freaking red card and hopefully a spanking in the face, but now the game goes into sudden death. The Guays manage to win because the Gahna goalie is a twitchier. Dirtiest game I have ever seen... in any sport...

#117 Gen.Kenobi

Gen.Kenobi

I'm a doc, not an...

• Undead
  • 1,429 posts
  • Projects:Survive Med School
  •  Your Doc
  • Job:Hosting Admin

Posted 02 July 2010 - 11:16 PM

All i have to say is... GO GERMANY!

kudos to Pasidon for this awesome avvy and siggy!

#118 Banshee

Banshee

One Vision, One Purpose!

• Network Admins
  • 9,045 posts
  • Projects:PPM, PPM: Final Dawn, OS SHP Builder, OS Palette Editor, OS W3D Viewer, VXLSE III, etc...
  •  Retired Network Leader
  • Job:Maintenance Admin

Posted 03 July 2010 - 01:58 AM

As a brazilian, I'm disappointed with the game against Netherlands. Brazil played very well in the first half, but in the second one it crashed. Netherlands played well during the whole game and deserved the victory. As for Dunga, his style and tactics weren't bad. But the players he has choosen for the reserves were horrible.

Anyway, now I'm cheering for Germany! I don't wanna see Maradona naked, even if it is thousands of miles away from home! :p Maradona naked must be a disaster and I don't wanna see it in newspapers or internet.... or any kind of media! So, I'm cheering for whoever plays against Argentina.
Project Perfect Mod

Command & Conquer Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, Tools, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

Posted Image

#119 Aro

Aro

Alcohol Fueled

• C&C Guild Staff
  • 476 posts
  • Projects:Twisted Insurrection, TS: UMP, Evolution
  •  Beer Prophet
  • Division:C&C Guild
  • Job:Staff / News Poster

Posted 03 July 2010 - 07:25 AM

At least you weren't out of the league because of a retarded Germany biased Referee. The England VS Germany game should of been 2 - 2, but oh well, can't cure the blind. I'm amazed that Brazil lost, and Spain hasn't been doing as well as I thought they would either, Argentina are looking good though.
Aro - Leader of Twisted Insurrection and Evolution.

Tiberian Sun: UMP
Tiberian Sun: Modding Tools
Tiberian Sun: Mapping Tools

"Aro is OP." - TiberianFuture
"Aro for Dictator!" - Droke
"Aro for President!" - CL4ymOr3
"You're Aro, you always win." - daTS
"He's referred to as The Aro because he really is that f*cking awesome!" - Fenring
"Only members of the A.R.O. Society are allowed to use :WAT and related terms (TAW:, :BIGV, etc.)." - Crimsonum
"To Aro, founder and leader of TI, the best public relations and mod manager, great friend, modder and mapper." - Lin Kuei Ominae

#120 Jeeves

Jeeves

I write the interwebz

• Members
  • 4,156 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 08:49 AM

@Bansh and my condolences, and I agree, Dunga was the best thing they had going for them. But the players were acting like a bunch of thugs. Netherlands are probably the most professional side out there. They will not crack under pressure, and they will take full advantage if you do. I was surprised to see how badly the Brazilian's fell apart, but hopefully it'll be a wake-up call. Hopefully 2014 will see them return to playing the beautiful game before the home crowd, and I'm sure a clean on-form Brazil is something the entire world wants to see. (Much like England NOT playing a 4-4-2 with the oldest players they can drag out the retirement village, but can't see that changing :p)

Argentina were unimpressive against Mexico, and only won because their offside goal was allowed and Mexico's first was kicked out before hitting the net and disallowed. Could be another night for cock-ups, Irmatov and Batres may be their countries best referees, but doesn't mean they'll be able to cope with the pace of top level internationals.

Still not sure who to tip for Argentina v Germany though. Messi & Tepez individual creativity and skill v drilled tactics. If Germany are left open to counter-attack, they can beat anyone, so this will definitely show if that hand-balling bastard is a skilled coach or just an inspiration figurehead with a lot of strikers on his bench.

I hope Germany wins.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users