Steam problems, annoyed

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ayb

ayb
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 September 2003 - 01:08 PM

Okay, here's my problem. I downloaded steam, (the same setups my friends used and theirs works). (steaminstall and steaminstall_cs.) I have installed them, and when steam opens after a clean install, it says "updating." About 10 seconds later it says "Error: Could not connect to steam network." I have tried everything, and I mean EVERYTHING I can think of. I did everything in the steampowered.com FAQ's, (changing the port numbers, deleting all files of it, reinstalling, trying numerous installations of it, everything. I also did what it the guy from these forums said on the steampowered.com forums, taking that .blob file out, (that didn't work) and uninstalling it, going into regedit, deleting EVERYTHING that had to do with steam, (that didn't work either.) Obviously my internet works. I have also posted at the steam forums many times but nobody seems to know. It's really starting to tick me off. Please help ASAP if you have any ideas.

My email: Bondjamesxyz@aol.com
AIM: All Your Base669

Thanks a lot,
Andy

#2 Detail

Detail

King Detail

• Hosted
  • 7,767 posts
  • Projects:Dayvi.com
  •  Blu Spy

Posted 28 September 2003 - 01:19 PM

Origin is not a Steam support forum ;)2

First check WinXP Pro firewall.
If that dont help:
Delete Steam and all it's reg files, install Steam, make a new account with a new cdkey. If it still says could not connect then you will have to wait for a bug free version of Steam to be released.

The WONID servers are still online, go play some NS ;)2

#3 MuDsHoVeLeR

MuDsHoVeLeR

title available

• Project Team
  • 350 posts

Posted 28 September 2003 - 03:14 PM

well you DID create a thread about it earlier detail, so I suppose he's just taking your lead =P Honestly, I wish I could help you, but I'm stuck too... its telling me I have unregistered children or something

#4 ayb

ayb
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 September 2003 - 06:45 PM

Heh, thanks for the trying guys, I really apreciate it. (=

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users