Photo

Updates to the Website

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Hostile

Hostile

Benefitting Humanity Simply by Showing Up!

• Veterans
  • 9,551 posts
  •  T3A Founder
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Global Administrator
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 17 June 2010 - 09:43 PM

I've decided I wanted to have a thread specific for web updates. At this point the foundation for the site is done as well as the historical background.

http://m3000.info/history.php

#2 some_weirdGuy

some_weirdGuy

title available

• Hosted
  • 4,080 posts
  •  Weird Guy of the Forums

Posted 18 June 2010 - 05:00 AM

Good idea. Makes things easier for viewers here, as personally after checking out your site the first time i didn't bother checking again, so i wouldn't have known about any updates.

Posting about them here would (hopefully) bring more attention to them.

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" -Adam Savage, Mythbusters
Posted Image|Posted Image
Posted Image|Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 Hostile

Hostile

• Veterans
  • 9,551 posts
  •  T3A Founder
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 06 November 2010 - 07:53 AM

Well I've completed the secured admin cpanel and have options like adding new admins, deleting admins. I need to add a change admin password and log out feature. I tried a simple "click this button to log out" and simply kill the session () but it killed the session whether I clicked the button or not. So I'll have to figure out what's wrong there.

I've added a form for adding new planets, which works perfectly. I just can't figure out how to add an upload image to the planet DB I have. It's been plaguing me for weeks now. The problem is uploading and storing the image in a folder and image path in the DB within the same form as when I'm creating the planet profile.

I'm not that strong of a php coder. But what works works so far. I'll have to ask Banshee if he can take a look. I wish I could ask Bart but he hates me.

Once I have a template for this than I can create the "edit planet" which is simply a form with all the existing data placed within the form and ready to edit and resave.

Once I have that template than I can duplicate it and begin adding the various races. A lot of this up front stuff is php database stuff. Until I work these things out, it'll be hard to get to the writing part.

I told you all it was gonna take awhile but i'm not giving up till I die. That should give me at least another 100 years or so. :thumbsupsmiley:

#4 Hostile

Hostile

• Veterans
  • 9,551 posts
  •  T3A Founder
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 06 April 2012 - 03:56 PM

The planet gallery and alien catalog are completed coding wise, now it's time to add more content.

http://m3000.info/planetchoice.php
http://m3000.info/racechoice.php

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users