Putin Boasts Russia's New Fighter Jet Better Than U.S. Planes

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • Projects:Remix Escalation Top Quality Imaginer and Pro Tester. CnC Guild Gossip Whore
  •  Misanthropic Hulking Adonis

Posted 23 June 2010 - 04:44 PM

I'll say one thing; Don't under estimate Russia. We are still in a Cold War situation. Russians still invade our (UK) airspace regularly to test how quickly we can react.

In terms of economic backing, numbers, technology and sheer brute force, Russia have got it. Hmm, let's think...If the shit hit the fan, who might they ally with? Another huge communist country that once again has economic backing, numbers by the millions, and the technology and brute force to go with it? Who might that be...

We'd all be fucked and you know it. Especially seeing as the majority of the battle would be fought throughout Europe. Kim Jong would probably jump in somewhere and fire some ICBM's at South Korea...
Posted Image
CnC Guild - As ancient as time itself.
Do you like anything CnC releated? Then the CnC guild likes you! Go make friends with it.

Latest Remix Escalation on ModDB
Remix Escalation on Revora - Track the latest news and changes.

#22 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • Projects:Remix Escalation Top Quality Imaginer and Pro Tester. CnC Guild Gossip Whore

Posted 23 June 2010 - 04:47 PM

Oh and that poxy F-35 and the F-22 would be fucked against the sheer overwhelming numbers that China and/or Russia would have in terms of Air Superiority.

Sure it's touch screen this, and advanced stealth that, and lets you hook up your iPod and its other bells and whistles. But when you're carrying a payload of about 4 missiles per aircraft, and you're up against an enemy where numbers have no bounds... I'm sure you can imagine.
Posted Image
Do you like anything CnC releated? Then the CnC guild likes you! Go make friends with it.

#23 Caspa

Caspa

title available

• Members
  • 938 posts
  •  Shine On, Lurk Moar

Posted 23 June 2010 - 10:21 PM

If the shit really hits the fan, all Russia have to do is ally with China and Iran and we're all fucked.
Hostile is a cunt.

Thought I'd have that here to save time.

#24 Jeeves

Jeeves

I write the interwebz

• Members
  • 4,156 posts
  •  Friendly neighborhood standards Nazi

Posted 23 June 2010 - 11:47 PM

If the shit hits the fan, it won't be the falling planes that kill you.

World Domination Status: 2.7%

#25 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 11:54 AM

If the shit really hits the fan, all Russia have to do is ally with China and Iran and we're all fucked.

Bingo!

You've got it.

Hit the nail on the head.

Bullseye.

Etc.
Posted Image

#26 Romanul

Romanul

title available

• Hosted
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 03:29 PM

Still,I reaaaally doubt this thing will happen.As long as I live,it won't happen,and luckily for all of you,I'm probably the youngest around.

Everything is in the economy lately.If WW3 would start,it would probably be like WW1.A war which looks that it will never end.Really.

#27 Allathar

Allathar

これを翻訳する

• Project Team
  • 2,752 posts
  • Projects:RJ-RotWK
  •  Greedy capitalist and cynical bastard.

Posted 24 June 2010 - 06:30 PM

WW3 won't happen because it's in noone's interest to start another World War. Obvious exception being North Korea and some other retarted regimes, but they can't do much damage, North Korea will probably try to launch a nuke but it'll explode in launch or something.
It has been reported that some victims of rape, during the act, would retreat into a fantasy world from which they could not WAKE UP. In this catatonic state, the victim lived in a world just like their normal one, except they weren't being raped. The only way that they realized they needed to WAKE UP was a note they found in their fantasy world. It would tell them about their condition, and tell them to WAKE UP. Even then, it would often take months until they were ready to discard their fantasy world and PLEASE WAKE UP

#28 Romanul

Romanul

title available

• Hosted
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 07:03 PM

WW3 won't happen because it's in noone's interest to start another World War. Obvious exception being North Korea and some other retarted regimes, but they can't do much damage, North Korea will probably try to launch a nuke but it'll explode in launch or something.

It would be fun to see a movie of it flying the disassembling in air.

#29 Jeeves

Jeeves

I write the interwebz

• Members
  • 4,156 posts
  •  Friendly neighborhood standards Nazi

Posted 25 June 2010 - 12:42 AM

Why does everyone think NK is such a war mongerer? Yes, they tested some missiles. Missiles with no nuclear capabilities - much like the country. Why do they have no nuclear capabilities? Because the US dropped their end of their treaty to help NK develop clean nuclear power, the same treaty that said NK wouldn't develop nuclear weapons. The same US that has thousands of troops posted on the NK borders. So why did they test some missiles? Same reason skunks stick, they don't want to be attacked by the real war-mongerer.

And if someone decided to back out of peaceful arrangements with me whilst pointing thousands of guns at me, I'd be trying to think up reasons not to be attacked too. How about this for a videogame idea. America invades Korea. Again.

Whats going to happen if they declare war on someone? They loose, no more luxurious life of a dictator. If you really think thats what these "retarded regimes" want you're the real retard. Leaders of any government maintain the status quo, not commit suicide. Especially if theres more to loose than gain.

World Domination Status: 2.7%

#30 Hostile

Hostile

Benefitting Humanity Simply by Showing Up!

• Veterans
  • 9,551 posts
  •  T3A Founder
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Global Administrator
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 25 June 2010 - 06:57 AM

They just a SK ship. Even Russia admitted it.

#31 Romanul

Romanul

title available

• Hosted
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 07:44 AM

Whats going to happen if they declare war on someone? They loose, no more luxurious life of a dictator.

Actually,go and search youtube about North Korea.You'll have a incredible breakthrough when you'll see what life those people have.

#32 Vortigern

Vortigern

Sumquhat quisquis.

• Division Leaders
  • 4,654 posts
  • Projects:Workin'...
  •  ...like a workin' man do.
  • Division:Role-Playing Games
  • Job:Division Leader

Posted 25 June 2010 - 10:21 AM

They loose, no more luxurious life of a dictator.

Yeah, most people have rubbish lives, but the few with power and wealth don't.
I hope I am a good enough writer that some day dwarves kill me and drink my blood for wisdom.

#33 partyzanPaulZy

partyzanPaulZy

"quarawr!"

• Members
  • 576 posts
  • Projects:Corruption Of Power - YR mod
  •  doing my mod alone till 1st release (then will see)

Posted 25 June 2010 - 11:58 AM

So, let's analyze the situation a bit:
Russia finally has first 5th generation fighter (after more than 20 years of development with MiG prototypes, Berkut prototype, 4.5 gen. MiG-35, Iranian MiG)
http://www.palba.cz/....php?pos=-17380
http://www.palba.cz/....php?pos=-17379
http://www.palba.cz/....php?pos=-17381
http://www.palba.cz/....php?pos=-17382
http://www.palba.cz/....php?pos=-17261
info on warfare.ru

Jet heavier, but slighter than F-22, using new composite materials which should be alone better than those in F-22, and as the cherry on the top it will probably get additional stealth paint.
Have you heard about deconstructions of soviet jets during Cold War, built from cheap materials, but practically equal to their western counterparts?
Although quality of civilian goods on both sides fell to hell (especially (post)Soviet, Japanese, German or American goods, life-time of 50+ years dropped to 2 years or less), military goods are different matter. India and Russia are building probably the best stealth jet, capable of taking several jets at once or shooting missiles capable of taking targets across size of smaller (400km) country.
Russian army likes to use "Potyomkin villages" tactics, but there is on-going modernization program, they have best light tank in the world, fleet of supersonic bombardiers armed with long-range missiles, thermobaric technology, various types of missiles (including Shkval torpedo), most of them have been copied by China and exported to Iran. Russian new tank is still in development, but I wouldn't be surprised if they already had well hidden T-95 tank brigade.

Russian economy is different matter, although power of the state is bigger than power of companies (mafias), level of corruption is still high. Raw materials like oil or gas makes bigger part of that which should change according to promises of Medvedev. Russia also avoids falling into national debt trap unlike the EU or the USA.

Russian spies in the EU have been pretty active recently, influence of Russian mafias is rising, but actions of the USA confirms it's power struggle among European subcontinent, with all the military bases (Kosovo), lies about war in Abkhazia and Southern Osetia.

There is rising danger that the European Union will collapse or end in war due to all fascists or islamistic radicals (Kosovo, France, Netherlands, England), similar fate can happen to Ukraine (artificial state), dissolving into 4 or more countries. Europe should have been united under confederation, but no, there is that nationalistic complex and rising rightwingerism (including neoliberalism and fascism), aborting any further integration.
Economy of EU countries have been undermined by Greece, Portugal, corruption in some countries in such levels that moving to Africa doesn't look that bad.

And world war? Why? There is no reason for global conflict, most important countries are allied into Shanghai cooperation, Chinese companies are buying western companies, Korean companies owns apparently bigger amount of land abroad than size of their whole homeland, well and there are also other companies, more or less legal...

China is already world biggest superpower in the matter of influence, other matters are just question of time.
They are already affecting European policy, there is even parody on Chinese economical imperialism started by rightwingeristic wave. Neoimperialism is on the rise, along with it's inventor - China.

I know it's irony, but behaviour of Chinese communists is pure rightwingerism: workers had to work 12hours per day, 6days in week for just little more than food; social net practically non-existent; companies with completely free hands...

Edited by partyzanPaulZy, 25 June 2010 - 12:05 PM.

Posted Image
"Soviet Union was a superpower and each superpower needs at least 1 war at 5 years to keep army in a good condition." ... my grandpa. USA create wars more frequently.

#34 Bart

Bart

• Network Admins
  • 8,524 posts
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Network Leader

Posted 25 June 2010 - 12:15 PM

They loose

Is that Australian for "They lose" or does your pen need sharpening? :p
bartvh | Join me, make your signature small!
Einstein: "We can’t solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users