Remix Beta 0.75 RELEASED

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
46 replies to this topic

#21 Vince

Vince
  • Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 01:12 PM

well I got Win7 64 bit and can run it just fine, well no shell map nor music^^ but okay
What's the exact problem?

the problem with my win7 64 bit problem is that the game doesn't start at all. It loads the remix escalation screen and al of the sudden there is an error. Usually it is something with hardware got to hot or another serious error and when I try stuff like run as admin or compatibility mode the same happens only sometimes it gives an other error but I never get past the load screen.

#22 Capt.Drake

Capt.Drake

Rangers Lead the Way

• Project Team
  • 1,851 posts
  • Projects:A new map for Remix Mod
  •  Remix Escalation Alpha Tester ,Camo Artist and part-time Mapper

Posted 28 June 2010 - 01:37 PM

Never got an error I sometimes had the problem the game doesn't want to load cause it couldn't create the options.ini but that's only after a new install

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#23 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts
  • Projects:Remix Beta 1.0

Posted 28 June 2010 - 01:54 PM

well I got Win7 64 bit and can run it just fine, well no shell map nor music^^ but okay
What's the exact problem?

the problem with my win7 64 bit problem is that the game doesn't start at all. It loads the remix escalation screen and al of the sudden there is an error. Usually it is something with hardware got to hot or another serious error and when I try stuff like run as admin or compatibility mode the same happens only sometimes it gives an other error but I never get past the load screen.

Have you tried "Run as Administrator"?
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#24 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 June 2010 - 04:18 PM

So which computer intelligence running at all in which General?

#25 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 04:26 PM

So which computer intelligence running at all in which General?

Tank, Demo, and AirF have AI
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#26 FlyingDeath

FlyingDeath
  • Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 04:27 PM

Guest? you CAN Read, don't you?^^

At this time there are 3 working AI factions. Air Force America, Tank China, and Demolitions GLA.
Tank General-
Tank’s AI is fairly well rounded. For new players the Passive AI should give an appropriate, if perhaps too simple, experience. Tank General’s Aggressive AI is extremely aggressive and considerably more challenging than the old Robot General Hard AI. Tank General’s Insane AI is properly insane. There is no semblance to “fair”. The Insane is only intended to play against with friends for a multi-player “Comp-Stomp”.
Demo General-
Demo’s AI is less polished than the others, but he still gives quite a good fight on the right setting. Demo’s Passive AI is truly passive. It builds no units and will not attack or defend itself. It can be a great test bed for trying a new army without fear, but serves little other purpose at this time. Demo’s Aggressive AI gives a steady an unrelenting onslaught. Its base building is less prolific than Tank’s but his steady stream of units will give any player a healthy challenge. Demo’s Insane AI is challenging to defend against, his attack is just as steady as the Aggressive’s, but he tech’s up considerably faster.
Air Force General -
Air Force is a beast. On Passive he has the potential to challenge most players. On Aggressive he is nearly unstoppable, plowing through Tank General Insane AI’s with ease. A single AirF Aggressive AI is only suitable for a Multi-player experience. AirF Insane AI is unstoppable. If you can beat him, save a replay, I want to see it, seriously.

is all answered in the First post^^

#27 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 June 2010 - 04:30 PM

Ok. Thx for information. And how long will it run until all?

#28 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 June 2010 - 04:34 PM

Oh sorry ^ ^. I. live in Germany and still has a bit of My English train ^ ^. This is exactly what I had read but somehow just not finished reading ^ ^.

#29 Vince

Vince
  • Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 02:05 PM

Have you tried "Run as Administrator"?

Yes I have, still no luck...

Luckily enough I have 2 vista laptops which run it without trouble so I still can play but it would be nice if it worked on the Windows 7 pc...

#30 Capt.Drake

Capt.Drake

Rangers Lead the Way

• Project Team
  • 1,851 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 06:01 PM

Well I have no idea waht the problem could be for me everything is well, have you played normal zh on that comp or not?

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#31 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 08:43 PM

I've updated the topic title and links for the new version. The Beta 0.75 release has all of the bugs fixed that I could in a reasonable time. These are listed in both the new ReadMe and in the Change Log topic. The File is currently on CnCGuild.net and will be posted on ModDB shortly.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#32 Capt.Drake

Capt.Drake

Rangers Lead the Way

• Project Team
  • 1,851 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 09:16 PM

Don't wonder why you can't download atm there is a problem with the bandwith at revora and since Pend can't upload anywhere else atm we just have to wait for the issue to clean up.
I'll keep you posted

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#33 SpardaSon21

SpardaSon21

title available

• Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 11:01 PM

Does it have to be in installer format? Could you please include an optional .rar, .zip. or .7z format download for people (like me) who know what they're doing and don't want to mess around with installers?

#34 Capt.Drake

Capt.Drake

Rangers Lead the Way

• Project Team
  • 1,851 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 11:31 PM

Hmm no idea why it's done like it's done in the end I don't care and I know what to do with the remix files, have been screwing around with them for quite some time

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#35 MasterZH

MasterZH
  • Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 07:08 AM

BTW can you make new forum for 0.75version bugs becouse 0.72 is locked :p.

Its OK if cyber general AA truck Avanger has stealth ability after upgrade drone invincible?(LOL?)
155mm howizter artillery(SW general) has wrong projectile fire position. (just try to fire and zoom on unit)

When will be new version ready?

#36 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 07:54 AM

Does it have to be in installer format? Could you please include an optional .rar, .zip. or .7z format download for people (like me) who know what they're doing and don't want to mess around with installers?

When I released it as just a RAR file I got too much bitching an moaning about it and had to open a whole topic just to explaining it to people. My advice, if you already know exactly what to do with every file, and you don't want to let the installer point at your ZH folder then aim it at a different folder and let it pour the files there. You can then copy paste them out yourself. I would release a Rar version, but having done this a few times I already know how much heartache and grief that will cause me. I understand it's a simple thing, and I know I'm snubbing you and maybe 2% of the other members, but you've been around long enough that you should understand why I am doing so. It's by no means personal or pointed at you, but I'm seriously not interested in doing full time installation tech support.

BTW can you make new forum for 0.75version bugs becouse 0.72 is locked :p.

Its OK if cyber general AA truck Avanger has stealth ability after upgrade drone invincible?(LOL?)
155mm howizter artillery(SW general) has wrong projectile fire position. (just try to fire and zoom on unit)

When will be new version ready?

Yes, I can.

It is a drone. I'll check to see if the other drones of the same size get stealth and decide from that.

I want to replace the 155 model anyhow, I just haven't gotten something I'm happy with yet.

Beta 0.75 is already ready, but I'm out of bandwidth on Revora and DriveHQ so I'm stuck. I can only upload via FTP so I have to host the file someplace first and then link ModDB to that url. Once I can get at least one transfer from Revora to ModDB it will be good to go again. My internet connection situation probably sounds a little screwy, so let me explain. As many of you know I'm sitting in the middle of Iraq in a metal box (LITERALLY) and I have two satellite systems. The first is the one I'm sending this post over... It sucks... it sucks so hard it takes me 45 minutes to check my PMs and make a couple replies, if I can make them at all. It's unstable and can't upload or download a single file for more than 10 minutes at 2kbps. I'm not uploading ANYTHING on that. I have a hard time uploading screenshots. My OTHER connection is a military satellite, but it's locked down. FTP is my only available port. So I mod on my personal computer, then upload over the military satellite.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#37 Vince

Vince
  • Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 11:25 AM

Well I have no idea waht the problem could be for me everything is well, have you played normal zh on that comp or not?

No even regular ZH won't run. To bad... Anyway I'm going to try some stuff after my holiday. See you guys in 2 weeks

#38 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 06:50 AM

The bandwidth has been reset and the new version is available
Posted Image
Posted Image

#39 jaxxa

jaxxa
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 08:18 AM

Sweet downloading Now

#40 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 09:33 AM

The 0.75 installer wasn't cleaning up the 0.72 files correctly. I've fixed the problem and am uploading a new copy. The game files should be exactly the same, but the installer and uninstaller now work exactly as they should. I've tested this repeatedly on my systems. If you Downloaded 0.75 prior to this post you can just delete the 0.72 _Remix files and you'll be just fine.

I was given some shit about the installer on ModDB from a Shockwave RotR fanboy... I don't believe in unfair discrimination so, as a blanket statement to ALL players, not just him or his community

I love constructive feed back. Here on Revora most of you have been awesome in that regard and I continue to work out every issue you bring to me. Thank you.

However, if the above thanks doesn't apply to you, and you don't think you can be constructive... and your negative remarks are intended purely for the sake of being an asshole, then I have a simple proposition for you. I'll give you back all the money you spent on my Mod and you can give me back the thousands of hours of my own time I've spent working on it. I think that's completely fair.
Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users