BETA 0.72 BUGS

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
59 replies to this topic

#1 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • Projects:Remix Escalation Top Quality Imaginer and Pro Tester. CnC Guild Gossip Whore
  •  Misanthropic Hulking Adonis

Posted 24 June 2010 - 01:27 PM

Any bugs found in the latest beta go here.

Try and include as much description as you can, of what the bug is and if possible a screen shot to go with it.
Posted Image
CnC Guild - As ancient as time itself.
Do you like anything CnC releated? Then the CnC guild likes you! Go make friends with it.

Latest Remix Escalation on ModDB
Remix Escalation on Revora - Track the latest news and changes.

#2 m3rc1l3ss

m3rc1l3ss
  • Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 10:07 PM

I am not sure if this is an actual bug, but the proper icons for research do not seem to be appearing properly. While the icon is right when selecting the tech, the icon when in the process of doing the research is simply a pile of books. The same icon also appears if you are viewing a unit.

I have not had a chance to check against every faction, this is definitely the case for toxin.
Posted Image

Edited by m3rc1l3ss, 24 June 2010 - 10:10 PM.

#3 Capt.Drake

Capt.Drake

Rangers Lead the Way

• Project Team
  • 1,851 posts
  • Projects:A new map for Remix Mod
  •  Remix Escalation Alpha Tester ,Camo Artist and part-time Mapper

Posted 24 June 2010 - 10:16 PM

Well not a bug but a feature^^
I don't remember Pend's intention, but well that's how researches look like now

Edited by Capt.Drake, 24 June 2010 - 10:17 PM.

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#4 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 June 2010 - 02:18 AM

I noticed a couple of things while playtesting earlier:

-Selecting the Demo General's (unsure if this applies to other GLA) Terrorist units has caused two crashes, though I suspect it is due to a missing or otherwise erroneous audio file. This is not always the case, I was able to select them fine and heard proper audio responses, but both times playing as the Demo General resulted in very similar crashes. I'm unaware of if an Error Message was displayed upon the game's closure.

-At least some of the Assault General's units (Mammoth/Camel Spider?) are missing applicable research icons near their portraits, though I noticed they benefit from the Salvage Repair upgrade.

#5 FlyingDeath

FlyingDeath
  • Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 02:24 AM

I think I found 2 little Bugs while Playing:

1. Cybers Ranger has the same Capture-Building sounds as the other Rangerse: Forget this, i Played Contra before and mixed that one up: Contra, wrong sound, Remix, OK^^
e²:BUT: Cyber has a BUG, if you Choose Micro Tech (didnt test Makro) and Build Strategic Research center AND Choose Search and Destroy in it, you can research: Uranium Platet Armor from SW-General (Buildings get +25% Armor) AND Moab (which i think, schould go on EVERY USA Gen, i think i test it out^^(Testet, only by the Strategic-Research, SW and Cyber))
2. Toxins Cobra Tanks Deathanimation is Wrong, if it is destroyed, it shows a Hulk with Camonetting (but i Couldn't buy Camonetting^^)

e:³ Another Bug.... with Assault you can Build the Towable MLRS EARLIER then the Fixed (But you can upgrade the Towable into a fixed one)
and a little thing if asked to CHANGE,
Could Toxin Build the Canister Cannon Earlier (with the Tier1 Tech Building) course, it seams, that Toxin Gains Research SLOWER than other Generals (played against my Bro) and the Canister Cannon needs too long, if you have too buold BOTH Techcenters (Tier1/2) (just a idea from me, course the Defense from Acid-Tree is too Weak with Tier 1 against a Storm off Arttillerie from Tank, or i just cant Counter it O_o)

but so far.... i just LOOOOVE Toxin Gen (was my favorit in Original ZH and what you did with him is just Awesome)
I think, ill try out some Other Gens Later..... and Post Bugs and or Suggestions hear

(and sorry, for my bad english ~.~)

PS: Stealth is REALLY ROCKING, becourse of his FAST Tech-up with the Promotion and the Blackmarket Calls^^

Edited by FlyingDeath, 25 June 2010 - 07:19 AM.

#6 Capt.Drake

Capt.Drake

Rangers Lead the Way

• Project Team
  • 1,851 posts
  • Projects:A new map for Remix Mod
  •  Remix Escalation Alpha Tester ,Camo Artist and part-time Mapper

Posted 25 June 2010 - 06:46 AM

-At least some of the Assault General's units (Mammoth/Camel Spider?) are missing applicable research icons near their portraits, though I noticed they benefit from the Salvage Repair upgrade.

Same as in the post before, not a bug but a feature

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#7 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts
  • Projects:Remix Beta 1.0

Posted 25 June 2010 - 07:04 AM

OK, As a lot of people have noticed, the Upgrade Icon's have ALL been replaced with a generic "research" Icon. This is because there is a limit of only 128 upgrades in the game, but I'm currently using well over 150, maybe more to make everything in game work as it should. To achieve this I simply use the same research for something different on a different general. For example, Plasma Tech and Particle Tech are actually Fanaticism and Nationalism with different build buttons.

I'll fix the Strategic reserve command sets. That was an over site. On the bright side it has no impact on balance because Micro Robot Gen can't use any of those upgrades even if you research them. I recommend just not buying them as it's money down the hole. The buttons will be gone next release.

I've never crashed while using Demo general... i'll play around with him to see if I can re-create the crash.

for toxin General i'll make sure his tech center build times are on par with other generals.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#8 FlyingDeath

FlyingDeath
  • Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 07:57 AM

Uhh pend? i have a Suggstion for Infantry Gen:
becourse:
the hackers of AP cost normally 625, Infgens only 600...
but the Squads costs the same...
If you Calculate the Factor beetwen Normal Hackers and Squad, the squad only Costs 7.68times of the hackers (its Cost efficient)
for infa gen it were like: 600 * 7.68 = 4608, so i suggest the Inf Gen Hacker Squad should cost 4600 (so its the same saving like the others China has)
E²:Yet another bug found^^
Demo-Gen can Build Follow Infantry: Rebel, Anti-Tank, Suicid, Anti-Air and Mob, but on bikes he can build:
Rebel, Anti-Tank, Suicid, Sabotur, Mob... does he really Build Sabotur-Biker and Stinger-Trooper?^^

Edited by FlyingDeath, 25 June 2010 - 08:04 AM.

#9 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 08:02 AM

I may be misunderstanding you...

I just double checked the code and Infa's Hackers X8 costs 4800, exactly 8 times the cost of a single. The other Chinas cost 5000, exactly 8 times the cost of theirs.

Most squads build 5 troops for 4 times the cost and time, 20% cheaper and faster. Hackers on the other hand cost the full amount (because they are a money maker) but the x8 build is done in half the time.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#10 FlyingDeath

FlyingDeath
  • Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 08:37 AM

my fault, i could sworn that the Hackersquad from Tank only Costs 4800..... damn^^
i think my Eyes played a trick on me :p
Anyway I don't suppose that Demo should Build SaboturBikes, or? course his normal infantry is Rebel/Tunneldef./Terrorist/Stinger/Mob, and his Bikes are: Rebel/Tunneldef./Terrorist/Sabotur(Maybe wrong/should be Stinger?)/Mob(Without Bikes :p )

#11 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 08:44 AM

I'll check Demo's bikes.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#12 FlyingDeath

FlyingDeath
  • Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 08:55 AM

mhh..... don't know, if its a real Bug...

Stealth gens Missile defense (the one with Elbrus missile) has a Global skill to fire a Rocket at any map (means, if ONE fires, ALL have Cooldown) AND is READY when Build up (Means, if you build ONE, ALL are ready, but you can only fire 1 Missile in 3 Minutes, EXCEPT you build anotherone)... i think its better off with a Local cooldown (any Site for itself) and, if it has too Cooldown AFTER Build (so you CAN'T Bomb away the enemy INSTANT)

like i said, don't know if it is a bug...^^

#13 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 09:30 AM

Flying Death... the way you phrase you bugs is terribly terribly confusing. I truly appreciate the "support and report" but your posts make my eyes cross trying to read them. Slow down and say one thing at a time... too many (...) comments in the middle makes it hard to read with any continuity.

I will look at Stealth's missile sites. They are intended to have a 3 minute cool down before use and an independent timer for each missile. If they are not this way I will fix them.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#14 phenom1989

phenom1989
  • Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 10:34 AM

i found a bug by Laser Gen
when i take the Plasma abillity and the Ion abillity i can't build the Ion tank it comes everytime the same TANK
you see in the list the first tank these coming out!
http://img199.images...i/38090911.jpg/

Edited by phenom1989, 25 June 2010 - 10:35 AM.

CPU: Phenom II X6 1090T @ 3,6GHz
Memory: 2 GB 607 Mhz
Graphics: Asus Radeon 5770 1 GB 4.8 Ghz memory clock
Mainboard: Gigabyte 880G
Monitor: HF237 23" Full HD
PSU: Hyperion 700w

#15 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 10:50 AM

i found a bug by Laser Gen
when i take the Plasma abillity and the Ion abillity i can't build the Ion tank it comes everytime the same TANK
you see in the list the first tank these coming out!
http://img199.images...i/38090911.jpg/

ok, I'm a little confused because that IS the Ion tank. The plasma tank has a new cannon style that will replace the old plasma weapon. The Ion gun has the cannon end style of the old Plasma, but it fires Ion shots. In the next version I'll have Laser polished off and there will be a little more continuity between art styles for each tech.

Keep in mind Laser is the only faction that got almost no work in the second round of updates. I'm starting that work on Laser now and will be working on him alone for the whole next month I expect.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#16 phenom1989

phenom1989
  • Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 11:36 AM

ohhh okey thanks
CPU: Phenom II X6 1090T @ 3,6GHz
Memory: 2 GB 607 Mhz
Graphics: Asus Radeon 5770 1 GB 4.8 Ghz memory clock
Mainboard: Gigabyte 880G
Monitor: HF237 23" Full HD
PSU: Hyperion 700w

#17 ApOcOlYpS

ApOcOlYpS

title available

• Project Team
  • 523 posts
  • Projects:Remix Escalation

Posted 25 June 2010 - 02:11 PM

Robots Macro:
Built the heavy construction mech (at escalation 2). While building his second tech lab (AI lab?) I clicked the down arrow to look at the drones, but didn't buy any. Clicking the arrow again to get back to the construction list there were no icons in the mech's command bar (no buildings, no down arrow, no drones).

#18 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 02:31 PM

Violence mentioned the Construction mech problem today. I'll fix it for next upload.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#19 Vince

Vince
  • Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 06:18 PM

after playing 2 matches I noticed:

AF gen (me) VS. Demo (ai)

My US rangers couldn't capture an enemy building
The A-10 doesn't launch all it's missiles in one run, it's probably ment to be like this but this causes rather high losses because the turn takes so long.
The A-10 has a guard air button (not necessary or am I wrong?)
Some of the planes acted strange while landing. They didn't land on the landing strip but in the middle of the whole building and they landed like VTOL craft. (that one doesn't bother me at all)
And after playing contra for a while I wonder if it's normal some of the bigger planes have such a small turning radius?
(only point one is annoying)

Some GLA gen (I think assault but I could be mistaking). VS 3 other gla's (ai)

the game crashed to the desktop after a few min's.

Hope this is useful, it's not criticism Pend, you made a great mod :)

#20 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 June 2010 - 09:55 PM

Same as in the post before, not a bug but a feature

It wasn't that the icons were not displayed properly, but that there were no icons at all, making it difficult to tell if any research has been done or if the research even affects the unit. If this is intentional/unavoidable, I understand.

Also, it seems as if certain missiles fired at the Toxin General's blimps (specifically, the one's fired by the Tank General's long range missile AA tank) seem to explode in front of the target, and then approach from the ground directly underneath the blimp before doing damage.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users