Help Wanted

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 The_Morgul_Lord

The_Morgul_Lord
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 01:30 AM

I know that many people feel that new users should just read tutorials and learn coding on their own. I agree that for many people that can work, and it has helped me a little. I am brand new to coding, and I just wish that there was an example of what i wanted to do out there, so that I can take step in the right direction. What I want to do is have objects (new units) that look like pre-made ones but behave more like heroes. For example a mirkwood archer that can shoot dual shots or switch weapons, or a rohirrim that can throw a spear. Is there anyone out there who would like to aid me in making this?

What I am asking for is for someone to make the code for say, a mirkwood archer to shoot the thorn of vengeance (or whatever it is that thranduil has as his level 10 attack) by adding a command button. Also, I would like the archer to be named "SuperArcher" and have that name appear when selected. And if possible, made to pretty much be a simple hero that just looks like a mirkwood archer.

My hope is that after viewing the code I can move on to make "SuperRohirrim" and others to use in my maps. I have been working day and night on trying to accomplish this and failed at every turn. Would anyone help me by making this code, so that I can study it and apply its concepts so I can make all the other units myself? And if you can help, could u tell me where to add all the files? Thank you so much if you agree to help. :)

And please, don't post any comments here saying "don't be lazy, do it yourself" or anything of the sort. I know some may think I'm lazy, but by actually seeing what I want done I can apply it to all the things I want to do. Reading tutorials about miscellaneous topics provides little help for me.

Credit will be given if wished.

#2 Puzzler33

Puzzler33
  • Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 12:00 PM

Take a single MirkwoodArcher (i.e. not the horde) and code in thrandruil's ability or whatever it is you want it to be able to do. (That might make each unit in a mirkwood archer horde have this ability but I don't know). If you don't know about ini coding it isn't that hard - for this case it looks like you just need to take a look at Thrandruil's commandset and copy the power you want into your mirkwood archer commandset override and then find the ability it references and make take off any limits which say that the unit has to be Thrandruil at level 10 in order to do it. This probably isn't quite the response you want to hear but at least it's better than nothing. :p
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users