The istari

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#1 FogDragon

FogDragon
  • Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 09:57 AM

There 5 istari that arrived in Middle -earth :Gandalf, Saruman, Radgast, Alatar and Pallando in the original story but only Gandlaf and Saruman are in RC mod at the moment . I think that will be fun to have another three wizards in the game: Radgast, Alatar and Pallando.

istariwp8.jpg

Here some informations about them (if you want to make them this may help): 

Radagast the Brown: Radagast lived for much of his time in Middle-earth at Rhosgobel in the Vales of Anduin, on the western eaves of Mirkwood, near the Gladden Fields. He had a strong affinity for — and relationship with — wild animals, and it seemed his greatest concern was with the kelvar and olvar (flora and fauna) of Middle-earth. He was wiser than any Man in all things concerning herbs and beasts. It is said he spoke the many tongues of birds, and was a "master of shapes and changes of hue". Radagast means "tender of beasts" ans it seems that he controled some huge eagles (save Grandalf that was imprisoned on the top of the tower from the roof by Sarman on an eagle).

Radagast.jpg  radagast.jpeg

Alatar and Pallando the blue wizzards: An alternate set of names in Quenya for both wizards is given by The Peoples of Middle-earth as Morinehtar ("Darkness-slayer") and Rómestámo ("East-helper"). Here, Rómestámo coming from the Quenya word rómen, meaning uprising, sunrise, east incorporates not only his relation to the East of Middle-earth, but also his mission there to encourage uprising and rebellion against Sauron. In an earlier draft Tolkien had associated Pallando with the Valar Mandos and Nienna, but he then changed this to also associate Pallando with Oromë. 

alatar_heren.jpg alatar2.jpg

tn_bad_pallando_heren.jpg pallando_heren.jpg

Mandos
Judge of the Dead and the Master of Doom. Originally named Námo, but referred to more commonly as Mandos, after the Halls of his dwelling. Chief advisor to Manwë and keeper of the souls of elves. He is the husband of Vairë the Weaver. Mandos is described as being stern and dispassionate and never forgetting a thing.

Nienna is a Vala from J. R. R. Tolkien's Middle-earth legendarium. Her name means She who weeps.

Oromë The Great Rider

Being a powerful huntsman, he was active in the struggles against Morgoth, and was renowned for his anger, being the most terrible of the Valar in his wrath. He has a great horn called Valaróma and a great steed called Nahar. In "The Book of Lost Tales", there is the sentence "There sang Amillo joyously to his playing, Amillo who is named Omar, whose voice is the best of all voices, who knoweth all songs in all speeches 

Edited by FogDragon, 02 July 2010 - 07:08 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Cine citeste mult stie putin si cine citeste putin nu stie nimic .
If life gives you many lemons make lemonade . 

#2 Ridder Geel

Ridder Geel

Master Yelloh

• T3A Staff
  • 10,852 posts
  • Projects:RC Mod + SEE + RTS Engine
  •  The Dangerous T3A Team Chamber Member
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Staff

Posted 28 June 2010 - 10:34 AM

Looking good :p
This really has a good chance of being made! :)
Ridder Geel

#3 FogDragon

FogDragon
  • Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 10:38 AM

Really ? Thats Cool !
Posted Image
Posted Image

#4 FogDragon

FogDragon
  • Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 11:06 AM

I was wondering , do you have space for new factions ?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#5 Ridder Geel

Ridder Geel

Master Yelloh

• T3A Staff
  • 10,852 posts
  • Projects:RC Mod + SEE + RTS Engine
  •  The Dangerous T3A Team Chamber Member
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Staff

Posted 28 June 2010 - 06:40 PM

At the moment... no, perhaps later.
Ridder Geel

#6 NewErr

NewErr

Elf-friend

• Project Team
  • 2,177 posts
  • Projects:Wars of The Firstborn
  •  World Wide Artist

Posted 28 June 2010 - 06:45 PM

I don't think we really need new factions .

#7 MirkwoodArcher

MirkwoodArcher

Sharpshooter of Mirkwood

• Members
  • 1,280 posts
  •  Hooded one
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:PR and Recruiter

Posted 28 June 2010 - 06:53 PM

That would be cool to include all the Wizards. Gandalf and Saruman are usually the ones that are shown, but having them all is a nice feature. Of course, would the other Istari be actual playable heroes or just summons?
Posted Image

#8 FogDragon

FogDragon
  • Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 07:46 PM

I understand that you dont have any sace for new factions but I will tell you my idea :
The Istari : Gandalf, Saruman, Radgast, Alatar and Pallando were send to Middle-Earth by angelic creatures : Valar.
They will be amazing to play ... I think...
(if you want to ceate the Valars once tell me , i will be happy to provide you informations and photos)
Posted Image
Posted Image

#9 MirkwoodArcher

MirkwoodArcher

Sharpshooter of Mirkwood

• Members
  • 1,280 posts
  •  Hooded one

Posted 28 June 2010 - 07:53 PM

You can never get enough of the Istari. :p And to have them all is an extra bonus.
Posted Image

#10 CTLN7

CTLN7

title available

• Project Team
  • 1,210 posts
  • Projects:Rogue Republic

Posted 28 June 2010 - 08:05 PM

k what factions should they be in ?

#11 FogDragon

FogDragon
  • Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 08:35 PM

Ok then
Radagast the brown: He loves nature, animals and he never was evil so to choose Between elves and Rohan there is no problem if he is not an elf. I like him asa an elven hero.
Saruman was with Isengard and he wasn't an uruk and Gandalf in any case he wasn't human, he was an angelic creature but his faction: gondor .
Alatar the blue: Morinehtar ("Darkness-slayer") its his second name , Darkness-slayer meens that he was against the dark forces (Mordor, Isengard ...). Gondor, Elfs have an istari so the remaining factions are the darwes and Rohan: I know that Rohan will be an good opton but is more cool to be with the darwes (i think).
Pallando the blue: Rómestámo ("East-helper") the name says evrything, faction: Harad.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#12 NewErr

NewErr

Elf-friend

• Project Team
  • 2,177 posts
  •  World Wide Artist

Posted 28 June 2010 - 08:57 PM

All Istaris were Maia . Like Sauron and ze Balrog . There weren't EVIL Istaris , cause they were sent by the Valar to stop Sauron ZING ! And the 2 blue wizards , they really never fight for evil , they just disappeared when they went to the East .The only important ones were Radagast the Brown , Gandalf the Grey , and Saruman The White (who was the leader of the Istari and of the second White Council ) and after being corrupted by the ring became Saruman of Many Colors .

Radagast may ally with the Wood Elves , cause were in that area .Gandalf with to Rohan and Gondor, cause he aided men in the War in the Ring (tho he aided more then just men ,he is more like an Universal Hero) . Saruman with his Isengard and the other 2 , like other mods do , throw them to the evil , like powerful , evil ,Istari Nazgul Wraith. But ask yourself , what buissnes would have 2 blue wizards with Harad and Mordor? IMO I think Sauron just wipe them out of the game.

#13 FogDragon

FogDragon
  • Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 09:07 PM

"They are said to have arrived not in the Third Age, but in the Second, around the year 1600, the time of the Forging of the One Ring. Their mission was to travel to the east and weaken the forces of Sauron. And it is here said that the Wizards far from failed; rather, they had a pivotal role in the victories of the West at the end of both the Second and the Third Ages. At the same time, Tolkien considered the possibility that Glorfindel arrived back in Middle-earth along with the Blue Wizards. On this later, more positive interpretation, the Blue Wizards may have been as successful as Gandalf, just located in a different theatre beyond the borders of the map in The Lord of the Rings."-Wikipedia
Posted Image
Posted Image

#14 NewErr

NewErr

Elf-friend

• Project Team
  • 2,177 posts
  •  World Wide Artist

Posted 28 June 2010 - 09:17 PM

"They are said to have arrived not in the Third Age, but in the Second, around the year 1600, the time of the Forging of the One Ring. Their mission was to travel to the east and weaken the forces of Sauron. And it is here said that the Wizards far from failed; rather, they had a pivotal role in the victories of the West at the end of both the Second and the Third Ages. At the same time, Tolkien considered the possibility that Glorfindel arrived back in Middle-earth along with the Blue Wizards. On this later, more positive interpretation, the Blue Wizards may have been as successful as Gandalf, just located in a different theatre beyond the borders of the map in The Lord of the Rings."-Wikipedia

Yet they failed to weaken Sauron's forces , cause beyond Middle-Earth were big desert Wastelands with many tribeman like Haradrims .Their role beyond Middle-Earth was of no use , I say Gandalf aiding Gondor and Rohan directly by leading them and raising their morale was much better then what they "may had did" .

Also that Wiki stuff proves my point that they were NOT EVIL , they just went into the East .

Edited by Valaquenta10, 28 June 2010 - 09:25 PM.

#15 FogDragon

FogDragon
  • Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 09:33 PM

All wizards were good and I want them all because I think it will fun to play with 2 more wizards with new powers.
In the movie LOTR 3 in the battle that took place at minas tirith mordor was helped by mens of the east(harad) with mumakils and more
the movie is a resume of the book
Posted Image
Posted Image

#16 NewErr

NewErr

Elf-friend

• Project Team
  • 2,177 posts
  •  World Wide Artist

Posted 28 June 2010 - 09:39 PM

Maybe we can add them , but not Evil . :thumbsupdrool:

#17 MirkwoodArcher

MirkwoodArcher

Sharpshooter of Mirkwood

• Members
  • 1,280 posts
  •  Hooded one

Posted 28 June 2010 - 09:41 PM

Right. Well, do we really know what happened to the Blue Wizards? They went south (right?) and then kind of vanished...
Posted Image

#18 FogDragon

FogDragon
  • Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 09:49 PM

Not evil Istari ! Great!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#19 MirkwoodArcher

MirkwoodArcher

Sharpshooter of Mirkwood

• Members
  • 1,280 posts
  •  Hooded one

Posted 28 June 2010 - 09:54 PM

I'm liking that idea. I'm all for the good guys! But, then the only one that has to be Evil will be Saruman, right?

Edited by MirkwoodArcher, 28 June 2010 - 09:54 PM.

Posted Image

#20 FogDragon

FogDragon
  • Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 10:04 PM

Yea, only the moust powerful of them Saruman, is evil, or it was.
Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users