game has detected a mismatch

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_zane_*

Guest_zane_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 July 2010 - 06:13 AM

i dont know if some one has already asked this but almost every time i play contra 007 on game ranger with my friend, the game detects a mismatch after about 20 minutes or so. we both are using the config contra for game ranger that came with the mod, but its still happening and i'm wondering if there's anything i can do to stop this. thanks.

#2 Casojin

Casojin

Democracy not Dictatorship

• Project Team
  • 2,121 posts
  •  Thinker

Posted 01 July 2010 - 08:51 AM

Mismatch is caused by AI or large amount of units. It is also caused by a crash of a player or large number of players. If you're playing 8p game, then there is no hope for you as mismatch is like an extension for ZH large battle. EA never tried to fix it and I doubt any modder would be able to.
CASOJIN

Posted Image

#3 Aznboy1993

Aznboy1993
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 06:38 PM

yeah mismatches are retarded. try to keep the number of playing AIs low to avoid them, but that's hard to do when you're the only one playing with a friend.

#4 Creator

Creator

The cat

• Hosted
  • 3,632 posts
  • Projects:Contra

Posted 13 July 2010 - 07:02 AM

We have started multiplayer testing in order to improve net code and reduce mismatches. We found the following in gamedata.ini:

NetworkFPSHistoryLength = 30 ; The number of fps history entries.
NetworkLatencyHistoryLength = 200; The number of ping history entries.
NetworkRunAheadMetricsTime = 5000; The number of miliseconds between run ahead metrics things
NetworkCushionHistoryLength = 10 ; The number of cushion values to keep.
NetworkRunAheadSlack = 10 ; The amount of slack in the run ahead value. This is the percentage of the calculated run ahead that is added.

NetworkKeepAliveDelay = 20 ; The number of seconds between when the connections to each player send a keep-alive packet.
NetworkDisconnectTime = 5000 ; The number of milliseconds between when the game gets stuck on a frame for a network stall and when the disconnect dialog comes up.
NetworkPlayerTimeoutTime = 60000 ; The number of milliseconds between when a player's last keep alive command was recieved and when they are considered disconnected from the game.
NetworkDisconnectScreenNotifyTime = 15000; The number of milliseconds between when the disconnect screen comes up and when the disconnect notification is sent to the other players.

Exact meaning of the first 5 parameters is not clear yet. The last 4 parameters are clear and effect almost nothing.

We suppose that mismatch appears this way. The game checks some kind of metrics once per 5 seconds (NetworkRunAheadMetricsTime). When you give an orde to your units, the game transfers their coordinates and orders to another player. But if you have many of them, 5 seconds is not enough to transfer all data. The game starts to check data integrity too early and detects a mismatch. We suppose, that NetworkRunAheadMetricsTime, NetworkCushionHistoryLength and NetworkRunAheadSlack can be responsible for this. And their values can effect mismatch probability.

I ask you to join our testing and experiment with these values. You don't need to reinstall anything. Just put gamedata.ini into "Generals Zero Hour / Data / INI /" folder and test it. In order to make everything to work properly, all connected players must have the same values set.

PS: gamedata.ini can be extracted from Contra007.big with FinalBig tool.

Edited by Creator, 13 July 2010 - 07:05 AM.

#5 FAFNIROS

FAFNIROS

• Project Team
  • 378 posts
  • Projects:Contra: arabic replics recorder, wallpaper maker and Contra publisher
  •  1st Tunisian Knew & Published Contra Mod In Tunisia

Posted 13 July 2010 - 09:35 AM

We have started multiplayer testing in order to improve net code and reduce mismatches. We found the following in gamedata.ini:

NetworkFPSHistoryLength = 30 ; The number of fps history entries.
NetworkLatencyHistoryLength = 200; The number of ping history entries.
NetworkRunAheadMetricsTime = 5000; The number of miliseconds between run ahead metrics things
NetworkCushionHistoryLength = 10 ; The number of cushion values to keep.
NetworkRunAheadSlack = 10 ; The amount of slack in the run ahead value. This is the percentage of the calculated run ahead that is added.

NetworkKeepAliveDelay = 20 ; The number of seconds between when the connections to each player send a keep-alive packet.
NetworkDisconnectTime = 5000 ; The number of milliseconds between when the game gets stuck on a frame for a network stall and when the disconnect dialog comes up.
NetworkPlayerTimeoutTime = 60000 ; The number of milliseconds between when a player's last keep alive command was recieved and when they are considered disconnected from the game.
NetworkDisconnectScreenNotifyTime = 15000; The number of milliseconds between when the disconnect screen comes up and when the disconnect notification is sent to the other players.

Exact meaning of the first 5 parameters is not clear yet. The last 4 parameters are clear and effect almost nothing.

We suppose that mismatch appears this way. The game checks some kind of metrics once per 5 seconds (NetworkRunAheadMetricsTime). When you give an orde to your units, the game transfers their coordinates and orders to another player. But if you have many of them, 5 seconds is not enough to transfer all data. The game starts to check data integrity too early and detects a mismatch. We suppose, that NetworkRunAheadMetricsTime, NetworkCushionHistoryLength and NetworkRunAheadSlack can be responsible for this. And their values can effect mismatch probability.

I ask you to join our testing and experiment with these values. You don't need to reinstall anything. Just put gamedata.ini into "Generals Zero Hour / Data / INI /" folder and test it. In order to make everything to work properly, all connected players must have the same values set.

PS: gamedata.ini can be extracted from Contra007.big with FinalBig tool.

I DID IT
I AM CONNECTED IN ICQ 7 ATM I NEE D2 TALK

10422.png ContraIco.png  :cool2:

1001181_521150174620846_188153655_n.jpg

#6 swoop72

swoop72

Zero Poster

• New Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 04:28 PM

I DID IT
I AM CONNECTED IN ICQ 7 ATM I NEE D2 TALK

what did you do? can we get a follow up?

#7 predator_bg

predator_bg

The predator

• Hosted
  • 2,435 posts
  • Projects:Contra

Posted 22 August 2011 - 08:41 AM

What the hell? Is that a spam bot? Looks like. Let's report this reply.

#8 Moshe

Moshe
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 09:22 PM

Hello there :)
I and my friend tryed to change the values of the gamedata.ini.
and... the game played much longer and with more players.
but...eventually the game carsh down in big maps.
we did not tryed many options of values(Because he has no patience) but its really can work fine with the right values.

Consider it your attention

#9 Casojin

Casojin

• Project Team
  • 2,121 posts
  •  Thinker

Posted 17 December 2011 - 11:13 AM

we did not tryed many options of values(Because he has no patience) but its really can work fine with the right values.

It was already implemented in Contra 007 patch, which would be included in 008.
But this solution is not 100%.
CASOJIN

Posted Image

#10 Moshe

Moshe
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 12:52 AM

It was already implemented in Contra 007 patch, which would be included in 008.
But this solution is not 100%.

ye...its not 100%...
but i think if we will Increase the numbers..it will work somehow.
And why you do not release patch to 007?
its can be really nice and helpfull :)

#11 Casojin

Casojin

• Project Team
  • 2,121 posts
  •  Thinker

Posted 20 December 2011 - 02:32 AM

It was released a long time ago.

Edited by Casojin, 20 December 2011 - 02:34 AM.

CASOJIN

Posted Image

#12 Moshe

Moshe
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 10:03 AM

It was released a long time ago.

ok...i found the file...but its not really helps.
but when i edited the BIG file...its work fine :)

Edited by Moshe, 20 December 2011 - 03:08 PM.

#13 Guest_David_*

Guest_David_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 February 2012 - 10:45 AM

Maybe it is good to know that I don't have the mismatch with C&C Generals, only with C&C Generals Zero Hour. Maybe somebody can compare the 2 what is different? I don't know how it works.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users