not sure I have everything set up correctly

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_X_Space_Balls_X_*

Guest_X_Space_Balls_X_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 July 2010 - 10:05 PM

Although the game is working something seems to be not quite right. I see everone talking about how hard the U.S. AF gereral is and how the GLA Demolitions are in working order in .75, but they are not for me, not even on hard settings. they seem to build up a good base bet build almost no units. I get a good battle for china tank general though.Iit seems to work just fine. I am running the first decade with the unnoficial TFD. 103 patch, even though when the game loads up is says 1.04 . when i go to select how hard the opposing AI army is , my only choices are easy, medium and hard . there is no brutal or agressive setting that I see others talking about. Im usually pretty good at installing these things but something is not right here. GREATEST MOD EVER!!! AND BEST SUPPORT FOR A MOD TOO . THANKS.

#2 Guest_X_Space_Balls_X_*

Guest_X_Space_Balls_X_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 July 2010 - 10:09 PM

Sorry not sure why that posted on the main board it was an accident. meant to post in the looking for help room if you want to move it there

#3 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts
  • Projects:Remix Beta 1.0

Posted 13 July 2010 - 08:03 AM

The unofficial patch is actually a mod. I recommend removing it as it may be conflicting with Remix. Also, do you have any labels for units that are only available in Remix? it sounds like the CSF file may be in the wrong location, or if you moved the files by hand you may not have renamed it. If you have "hide known extensions" turned on it won't show you the .mod on the end of the file name.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#4 X_Space_Balls_X

X_Space_Balls_X
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 02:24 AM

well, I got it to install correctly and everything works great on singleplayer thats supposed to. I used the install directions from the bug fix room, i think thats where everyone is having their problems installing tfd. Where was the generals.csf file supposed to go, right now it is in the english folder? (Also in the remix tools folder i have a generals.csf.mod, install_final.bmp.bak, install_final.bmp.mod, remixrunonce, skirmishscripts.scb.bak, and skirmishscripts.scb.mod.) l have a 2 pc lan setup in my house and the mod is very unstable on a LAN without the 1.03 patch:( I realize this is a problem with zero hour not remix probably and its still a little buggy with the patch still as far as getting a game started). We like too play a coop with me and my son taking on one enemy and when we did finally get a game going the AI didn't work on the lan. and just as an experiment i patched the 1.03 after remix was installed and i got the game and ai to work on a coop lan, but it was so laggy it was pretty much unplayable and that was also after trying the lag fix too. Is There a LAN AI fix for the game, or anything to make it more stable for LAN so it doesn't crash besides installing the 1.03 patch (maybe one of those other files are in the wrong place causing the problem)? I realize you probably don't have an exact answer for ever little thing , and thats ok . One last thing Im going to try is patching 1.03 and then installing remix and see if i can get it to work better. I have a suspucion it might work well, we'll see. If I find something that works well for TFD and this issue, I will let you know in case someone else is trying to accomplish the same thing I am. Or if you have any other suggestions i will try them also. Thanks for the great support!!! I LOVE THE YOUVE BEEN BONED BY EA MESSAGE..... PRICELESS

Edited by X_Space_Balls_X, 15 July 2010 - 06:42 AM.

#5 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts
  • Projects:Remix Beta 1.0

Posted 15 July 2010 - 08:18 AM

I've never used the unofficial 1.03 patch, so I can't confirm anything there.

As for install locations,

the !Remix_*.big files all go in your ZH root folder.

the Generals.csf goes in your zh/data/english folder.

the skermishscripts.scr goes in your zh/data/scripts folder.

The remixtools folder holds backups of your files from before the mod was installed. that's what all the .bak files are. The .mod files are the modded versions before they are renamed and copied into your folders
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#6 X_Space_Balls_X

X_Space_Balls_X
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 08:23 AM

OK thanks for your time and help .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users