#1 Vanguard

Vanguard

Modding Guru

• Hosted
  • 2,139 posts
  • Projects:Project Raptor
  •  Stand Down Sir!

Posted 24 July 2010 - 05:10 AM

Ok Project Raptor has staff positions open.

NOTE - Fields listed with stars (***) for applicants to even be considered you must have a portfolio of works that you have done, it doesn't have to be extensive, but it must demonstrate your skills. As will be stated further down, butchering and cut and paste textures will not be accepted. Any person submitting cut and paste material will immediately be disqualified from the consideration process.

We are looking to fill staff positions for:

.:Public Relations Officers:. - Keeping affiliate and foreign sites updated, as in ModDB, and other sites that will help to promote us.

.:INI Coder:. - Someone familiar with the workings of the INI files.

***.:Texture Artists:.*** - You must be able to produce textures from scratch, very few textures will be taken if they are cut and paste. I am looking at revamping the mod, with all new models for the new units and structures. EA Skins must go when it comes to new units.

***.:Modeler:.*** - You must be able to make your models from scratch at a reasonable poly count. Cut and paste models (or butchering) will no longer be acceptable in this mod, I am going to as I said before be replacing all the cut and paste models with new original models.

***.:Map Designer:.*** - You need to be able to make your own map and script it if necessary.

.:Scripter:. - You must be able to understand the workings of the Generals ZH AI; Project Raptor's AI will now be in the works to be supporting our Sigma Project, which for now will remain a secret.

.:Web Designer:. - This will not be a heavy field, I just need help keeping the site up to date, and running, possibly with new images the Texture Artists that apply will be asked to do images for the site as well.

.:Beta Testers:. - When ready Project Raptor will need testers, of course the Team will get alpha stages of the release. However, Beta Testers will have access for limited time to the mod. NOTE: Beta Testers to continue being a tester will need to record any errors and other miscellaneous bugs (such as: errors in animations while playing the game, errors in FX, mismatches they experience online, balance issues).

.:Concept Artists:. - You will need to draw up concepts for the new units; artists will have alpha stage access.

***.:Particle Effects Artist:.*** - You will be coding the particles; all particles must be able to run on my ten year old computer. If they crash that PC then you will need to rework them. (That is my desktop, my laptop is much better).

You may contact me through the forum, this topic, or through any of the instant messengers that I have listed under my profile, in the event that I forget to change my e-mail address for MSN Messenger in my profile it's as follows:

nomercy289@msn.com

Edited by Vanguard, 24 July 2010 - 05:15 AM.

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

- Vanguard

#2 DetroyT(RU)

DetroyT(RU)
  • Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 06:05 AM

You so rarely answer that I can not imagine how you communicate with. ;)
I would like to hear your response about me and us and the fact that you downloaded.
-Whether it is taken as a basis.
Alien model we used for saving time.
And on no less than if you take a closer look you'll find many of our present
content.

Original text:
В моей команде 2 превосходных модельера,один из которых в совершенстве делает здания,другой-юниты.
Я не отрицаю что некоторые модели в ПР были не наши (то что ты скачал),
но в состоянии сделать полностью свои.
Чужие модели мы брали из-за экономии времени.
И теме не менее если ты присмотришься то обнаружишь много настоящего нашего
контента.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

And cameos:

Posted Image

+ my video
http://video.yandex....oyt-rus/view/3/
http://www.youtube.c...player_embedded

MILITIA

E.c.

Edited by DetroyT(RU), 24 July 2010 - 03:40 PM.

#3 Vanguard

Vanguard

Modding Guru

• Hosted
  • 2,139 posts
  •  Stand Down Sir!

Posted 24 July 2010 - 07:21 PM

See the problem with the models that you have shown me, is that they are way to high poly, and when you IM me, I'm generally asleep or have my screen closed. I would like a chance to talk with you and your team as a whole, although a lot of what is in your version will no longer be in Project Raptor, for instance a lot of my original models, will be made into just that original. We will be losing the cut and paste butchering method for all models and skins, you guys did good work, however model poly count must drop drastically. And detail on the models can be done in textures.
Posted Image
Posted Image

- Vanguard

#4 NergiZed

NergiZed
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 06:37 AM

Hello, I'd like to have a go at the PR Officer position.

I currently manage the Moddb profiles for Shockwave and Rise of the Reds, so I've got plenty of experience in that area. I also submit updates to other sites, but those are met with mixed success. (CnC Den and CnC Planet usually gets the updates up)

I can help test for bugs as I'm a bug tester for both RotR and Shockwave. I CAN model in low-poly, but I use Maya, not 3DS Max (So I'd hand in a '.obj' instead of a '.w3d' or '.3ds'). I can texture, but once again, it's not my forte, I prefer high-poly. here's something I made. It's not done btw, the texture is what I consider 'alpha'. I'm confident in my photoshop skills, so I can make things like cameos (which is what the prior image was intended to be), menus, backgrounds etc.

I'd love to do concept art too, but I'd rather not be the main concept artist. concept sketch for that big chopper thing, ignore the badass warrior person, that's some other doodle. Note: if I were to do concept art, I would either use photoshop exclusively, or I'd do a quick sketch on paper and scan it in and finish it in PS. Here's some more: armor suit guy, tank and future chopper thing. I've got a Bunch more that are much more 'concepts' rather than doodles.

I also done video editing, video capture, 3D animations, (I made this vid including the logo animation). I've even done some sound editing, music composition, and voice acting.

In summary, I can do a little bit of everything, but I'm the master of nothing.

Edited by NergiZed, 29 July 2010 - 06:59 AM.

#5 Vanguard

Vanguard

Modding Guru

• Hosted
  • 2,139 posts
  •  Stand Down Sir!

Posted 29 July 2010 - 07:54 AM

Alright I can use you for those positions, as for the photoshop abilities, are you able to stick withing the side colors, and generate your own custom skins?
Posted Image
Posted Image

- Vanguard

#6 NergiZed

NergiZed
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 08:13 AM

I'm not that great with textures and I don't know how to do the house colors, but I've done transparencies with alpha maps and whatnot. I have no idea what 'stick withing' means. If by 'generate' you mean 'draw' or 'create' than yes.

If you want a general idea of my PS abilities, look at my sig. There are five guys in the sig, in the orig pic there were only three. It's not that good so you can probably tell which dudes I added in.

Edited by NergiZed, 30 July 2010 - 01:13 AM.

#7 Vanguard

Vanguard

Modding Guru

• Hosted
  • 2,139 posts
  •  Stand Down Sir!

Posted 29 July 2010 - 03:33 PM

I can tell which ones you added, but that doesn't matter. I ment Stick within, by that I mean the green textures for China, the grey ish ones for the US, and the brown for GLA.
Posted Image
Posted Image

- Vanguard

#8 DetroyT(RU)

DetroyT(RU)
  • Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 04:59 PM

Brown ?? 0_o
Red..

#9 NergiZed

NergiZed
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 01:13 AM

I can tell which ones you added, but that doesn't matter. I ment Stick within, by that I mean the green textures for China, the grey ish ones for the US, and the brown for GLA.

Yeah, I can do that. The magic of adjusting saturation is not a hard skill to master. =P

#10 onikenshin

onikenshin
  • Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 08:36 PM

hey i was a beta tester for medal of honor dus that count XD
Apparently... more people die every year by donkeys, then in plane crashes. To avoid death by a donkey, avoid donkeys, to avoid death by plane crash, avoid plan crashes! simple.

M4 is a single/3 round burst gun, it did not serve its role as a compact assault rifle for close quarters, so they made much greatness that is now known as the m4a1 which is so great it has automatic fire, and with that greatness came spray n pray.

M16A4 single/burst very accurate, moderate power, in close quarters, fix a bayonet, cuz you aint gonna hit crap with it.

#11 Vanguard

Vanguard

Modding Guru

• Hosted
  • 2,139 posts
  •  Stand Down Sir!

Posted 02 August 2010 - 06:58 PM

For you Nergized I need what you have to offer, expecially on the modeling and textureing. As well as the submitting news to the other sites, ModDB I have down as well as this site.

As for you onikenshin What medal of honor are you talking about?
Posted Image
Posted Image

- Vanguard

#12 onikenshin

onikenshin
  • Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 02:54 AM

For you Nergized I need what you have to offer, expecially on the modeling and textureing. As well as the submitting news to the other sites, ModDB I have down as well as this site.

As for you onikenshin What medal of honor are you talking about?

the new 1 that ended on the 31st for ps3.
Apparently... more people die every year by donkeys, then in plane crashes. To avoid death by a donkey, avoid donkeys, to avoid death by plane crash, avoid plan crashes! simple.

M4 is a single/3 round burst gun, it did not serve its role as a compact assault rifle for close quarters, so they made much greatness that is now known as the m4a1 which is so great it has automatic fire, and with that greatness came spray n pray.

M16A4 single/burst very accurate, moderate power, in close quarters, fix a bayonet, cuz you aint gonna hit crap with it.

#13 Vanguard

Vanguard

Modding Guru

• Hosted
  • 2,139 posts
  •  Stand Down Sir!

Posted 05 August 2010 - 04:39 PM

You mean the beta that was publically released? :), sure why not, but you need to be active and talk to out Lead Beta Tester Aaron at youtube131520@yahoo.com.
Posted Image
Posted Image

- Vanguard

#14 onikenshin

onikenshin
  • Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 10:29 PM

aron aint very talkative :O

#15 NergiZed

NergiZed
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 05:14 AM

Well Vanguard, I'll try to do that stuff, however, there's a very good reason I didn't volunteer for modeling and skinning; I'm a chem major, I don't really have a lot of time.

I'll try my best to do whatever assignments you throw my way as fast as possible, (modeling and concepts shouldn't be that much of a problem) but keep in mind that I'm fairly busy.

That said, I guess if no one else volunteers, I'll be the fastest option.

Also, for modeling, I'm gonna be giving you .obj, because I don't use 3DS, I use Maya. Hopefully, that'll work out ok.

#16 Vanguard

Vanguard

Modding Guru

• Hosted
  • 2,139 posts
  •  Stand Down Sir!

Posted 09 August 2010 - 05:23 AM

That's perfectly fine, for the most part, I need those random models where I can't come up with a concept, due to the fact most of my tanks look very similar.
Posted Image
Posted Image

- Vanguard

#17 NergiZed

NergiZed
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 06:50 AM

Well than that's great.

#18 DetroyT(RU)

DetroyT(RU)
  • Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 06:57 AM

anims
http://video.yandex....royt-rus/view/7

#19 ScadL

ScadL
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 01:09 PM

Maybe I'm to late, but I can really help with your site, as web-designer.
I think that iframes is not to good strategy, because they are not dynamic.
All your site art work hasn't right markup.
I understand, that you has a lot of work, but the site looks very old, because uses simple HTML 1.0 markup...

Can you tell me what limits on your hosting, so I can try to build correct model of your site on my demo domain?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users