How goes the mod?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Bug_*

Guest_Bug_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 July 2010 - 01:31 PM

It's been rather quiet on here recently. How goes the changes to Remix thus far?

#2 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts
  • Projects:Remix Beta 1.0

Posted 01 August 2010 - 07:48 PM

It's been rather quiet on here recently. How goes the changes to Remix thus far?

A week or so ago I was making huge progress, but I had to take a bit of a break. Nothing major, I'll be back on it soon.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#3 Vince

Vince
  • Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 02:21 PM

Has there been any progress lately? (I'm not trolling, just curious ;))

Edited by Vince, 08 September 2010 - 02:24 PM.

#4 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 11:35 PM

I made a lot of progress in early August. Laser general is more done than not now... In mid- august I finlaly made it back home to the states. Iv'e gotten a new job, I start on the 16th, and am getting settled back into being home. It's a lot to absorb. I'll be back on the modding scene soon. I tried hard to get a public release before I made it home because I knew this would be a big time eater, but I just wasn't able to. Leaving Iraq was a big deal, and many of the adjustments and changes had to be made before I even left the country.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#5 Vince

Vince
  • Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 02:06 PM

That's great, take it easy you don't have to rush anything :) congratulations with the new job. What is your new job?

#6 1v0

1v0
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 03:47 PM

The mod is dead or just take a rest ???

#7 ApOcOlYpS

ApOcOlYpS

title available

• Project Team
  • 523 posts
  • Projects:Remix Escalation

Posted 01 October 2010 - 02:16 AM

You really think this mod can die?

Pend has the doctor's problem. He needs a bigger head to hold all his ideas in.

#8 1v0

1v0
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 10:40 AM

I dont think so but form Sep 10 I dont hear any news about it .

I really like this mod . Just want to know how it go and I hope Pend will recover . :p

#9 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 02:22 PM

It's not dead at all... In late August I got home from Iraq, and for the last 6 weeks I've been completely absorbed by family. It's good though... I was gone for 3 years so 6 weeks is a short window to catch up the lost time.

I've started a new job, and it gives me considerable free time. I should be able to bring my laptop to work and mod on the side. I plan to have updates resume by the end of next week.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#10 1v0

1v0
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 04:37 PM

It's not dead at all... In late August I got home from Iraq, and for the last 6 weeks I've been completely absorbed by family. It's good though... I was gone for 3 years so 6 weeks is a short window to catch up the lost time.

I've started a new job, and it gives me considerable free time. I should be able to bring my laptop to work and mod on the side. I plan to have updates resume by the end of next week.

Dont worry u have all the time u want :p is good u back home . ;)

#11 SpardaSon21

SpardaSon21

title available

• Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 08:06 PM

Wait a second Pend, if you'll have copious free time at work with the potential to mod there, does that mean your boss will be paying you to mod? Great work on getting that job! :p

#12 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 12:18 PM

Wait a second Pend, if you'll have copious free time at work with the potential to mod there, does that mean your boss will be paying you to mod? Great work on getting that job! :p

well... not THIS boss... he's a good guy, but doesn't strike me as a gamer.

Now, at the last job I was the boss, and had my empoyees and customers playing the mod.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#13 SpardaSon21

SpardaSon21

title available

• Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 03:53 PM

It was a bit of a joke, since if you have free time at work that you're getting paid for, and you're modding in that time, then your boss is paying you to mod. :p

#14 1v0

1v0
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 04:49 PM

When u will release the next version of the mod .

#15 ApOcOlYpS

ApOcOlYpS

title available

• Project Team
  • 523 posts
  • Projects:Remix Escalation

Posted 13 October 2010 - 06:45 AM

I'll beat Pend and the rest of the mods to it:

When it's done (or at least ready to be released).

#16 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 12:14 PM

I'll beat Pend and the rest of the mods to it:

When it's done (or at least ready to be released).

For me it's become a mater of principal to let the members answer this question... not because it something "I" don't like to be asked but because it's something "ANY" developer doesn't want to be asked. Look on the Blizzard home page and ask when Diablo3 will be released... ... "When it's done".
Posted Image
Posted Image

#17 FlyingDeath

FlyingDeath
  • Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 05:45 PM

First: Shame on me, that i wasn't on since 2 Months or so...
Second: Good you made it Home, Pend.
Third: Man, good to see, that you have work AND Time to do the mod^^
Finally: Take your time, course Quality goes over Quantity.... and thats something EA Never had realised.... so, pls take it slow and make it good, instead of "just making" it^^

:p

greetz from Germany: FlyingDeath

Edited by FlyingDeath, 13 October 2010 - 05:46 PM.

#18 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 12:12 PM

greetz from Germany: FlyingDeath

Wow... you're the second person today to tell me "greetings from Germany". wierd... is it a national holiday that encourages greatings from Germany? That's a little bizzare... not the least unusual for one person to say it, but two back to back is super bizzare.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#19 Capt.Drake

Capt.Drake

Rangers Lead the Way

• Project Team
  • 1,851 posts
  • Projects:A new map for Remix Mod
  •  Remix Escalation Alpha Tester ,Camo Artist and part-time Mapper

Posted 14 October 2010 - 09:14 PM

Nah no Holiday here;(
Unity Day was two weeks ago, and I can't think of anythingelse

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#20 FlyingDeath

FlyingDeath
  • Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 09:07 AM

I would say, its bad... or better... GOOD timing^^
(course usually i like to be responsable for other People too fell weird^^)
Anyway... it is only that im nearly never in Forums and so i missed you to get back home, why Drake (course i think that was the other German) sended you Greets at the same time.... don't know...
Anyway i think your Life is more important as OUR fun, and as Remix is "Playable" as it is, you can take your time... ohh, and as long you don't need "Duke-Nukem" Time, anyone is happy, i think...

Greetz: Flyingdeath

PS: Congratz too your Job, if you REALLY can mod there^^

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users